History tours on Bermuda

Chadster

Okay...so assuming my June 4 cruise goes ahead, we'll be making a previously unexpected trip to Bermuda. Normally, I'm not one for warm-weather beaches and the like -- though I'm sure I'll get some swimming in. But that's not my question.

So, I'm a history nerd, including colonial history of North America and the Caribbean. Are there any history tours for Bermuda you'd particularly recommend since I'll be there for a day and a half and I figure I'll wander off the boat at some point?

Also, is there anything in particular you'd recommend to someone who's not a big beach-goer?

Quick and easy history opportunity is the National Museum of Bermuda right at the Royal Dockyard where you'll be docked. It is self guided and very informative. Cost is $15 for adults. (A quick check of the website https://nmb.bm/ indicates that it is currently closed to the public due to the Coronavirus)

Haven't taken it but there is an Historic Forts of Bermuda excursion offered in the Cruise Planner. Seems like one to explore (I've been to a few of the forts individually).

And if your interest in history includes the United States Civil War/The War Between the States/The War of Northern Aggression (pick your favorite descriptor), the Bermuda National Trust Museum in St. Georges is located in the building that was the headquarters for Confederate agents during the war and includes a permanent display related to blockade runners and the role played by Bermuda.

The National museum of Bermuda is a fantastic place to spend a a few hours, It´s self guided. We have done it a few times and we seem to find new info. We have also been to the National Trust in St. George it has some interesting facts. A non historical place to visit is the zoo and aquarium, very laid back small zoo, but we feel it´s worth the visit.