Barefoot Beach OTW or Nellie's OTW

PRebecca

Another subject beaten to near death, sorry! I've read all the posts and watched a bunch of videos and you'd think I have my answer but am looking for your unique perspectives here.

DH and I will be in Labadee in November, I scored an OTW cabana at Nellie's for a killer Black Friday deal. After the OBC and the Black Friday sale it was practically free! (Kidding of course, DH and I say that when we've splurged: practically free!).  We've since upgraded to an Owner's Suite (it was CLS for a minute and I changed cabins for a 4th time, too much time on my hands these days) and I'm thinking we may enjoy an OTW at Barefoot Beach a little more, and am trying to decide if it's worth it to me in that I'll surely (?) have to pay full price instead of the great deal I got for the Nellie's beach cabana. What appeals to be is that BB seems less crowded, and the videos I've seen on NB seem super pretty crowded in the water where the OTW cabanas are, and I'm hoping it'll be less crowded in front of the cabanas at BB. 

After OBC and the Black Friday sale it really was a great price, do you think I'd have to pay the difference to switch to the OTW cabana on BB or do you think the concierge would permit me to just switch cabana's when they email? 

Any experience with 'switching cabana's' and if the price followed the switch?

I have only been in the cabanas at Barefoot so no experience at Nellie’s. Just off the top of my head, I would say stick with the deal you got at Nellie’s.  Honestly, there’s nothing THAT special about Barefoot.  In the big picture, an OTW cabana is an OTW cabana.  I certainly wouldn’t pay more $$ just to be at the suites’ beach.  You can always saunter over to Barefoot for lunch if you want to go over there.

I've not switched cabanas at Labadee, but I do know that waterfront and over water cabanas at barefoot beach are in short supply. The location and view as well as the density of passengers are excellent.  You don't mention which ship you are on, but with an OS being sky class on Oasis and Quantum class, they likely would be reserved by Star Class (approximately 4 weeks ahead) when you have your opportunity to reserve (about 1 week out). If you are able to gain your preference, you would have plenty of time to cancel Nellie's  beach.

I stayed in an OTW cabana on Nellie's Beach, and loved it! Yes, the beach there gets crowded but you are actually kind of far-removed from it. Between that and the fact the cabanas have a stairway going directly into the water, you have zero need to interact with the people crowding the beach. And the water in the area around those cabanas is basically devoid of people even when the beach is packed. I've attached some of the pics I took to give you an idea of what the distance is like, along with the water.

If you got the Nellie's cabana for a really good price, I would say to just hold on to that unless you value the food you'll also get at Barefoot Beach just as highly.

IMG_8556.thumb.JPG.5eaef60d43a8e4563c8808c82e64c5fe.JPG

IMG_8557.thumb.jpg.1455722ab1d5674df35dd0f893817c03.jpg

IMG_8560.thumb.jpg.7375724a6ed36fcd24e25ef1b2ac1dfc.jpg