All Carnival ships cancelled til May 11

Well Trumpo announced that the social distancing  rules are staying in place till April 30th.

I hope and feel that at that point, things should be getting better and hopefully starting to get back to normal...or at least heading that way!

Still holding out for booking a Bermuda cruise end of May!

31 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I hope and feel that at that point, things should be getting better and hopefully starting to get back to normal...or at least heading that way!

Washington Post reported Thursday that the community in Washington state that was hit first here in the US is finally seeing the effects of the shelter-in-place / social distancing requirements. New patients seen at the hospital have dropped down to about 1 a day, sometimes up to 4 although that's becoming less and less frequent. The ICU is down to 50% capacity instead of overflowing, and few of the new patients who come in need to be admitted to the ICU. Still, they're staying realistic about this:

“We know this is still a dire challenge, we know we have not turned the corner and we are not even close to the end of this battle, but we do think there is some evidence that our community mitigation strategy — to close schools, restaurants and theaters, to prohibit gatherings — we think these things have slowed the rate of increase in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties,” [Governor Jay] Inslee said during a news conference Thursday, pointing to a graph showing Washington’s rate of new cases beginning to flatten while most other states trend upward.

So the restrictions are doing exactly what they are supposed to: not reducing the number of infections, but reducing the rate of infection such that the hospitals can effectively keep up. As long as they stay in effect and people don't give in to the temptation to get "back to normal" too quickly, I think we'll weather this storm.

The great thing is that CCL is allowing people to amend their offer. So if you cancelled after March 6th before they announced cancelled ships, you can choose the new option. Basically I now have the option of a 100% refund or the FCC plus $300 OBC instead of being penalized like I thought I would be. Our group had cancelled on March 14th when Illinois Shelter in place went into affect. So this is great news....not the cancelled cruises but the options available.

Proud Of You Pride GIF by MOODMAN

We also cancelled during the time between when Carnival opened up to changing but before the cancellations.  I was surprised... shocked actually... when they issued us the $600 per stateroom obc that was offered after all cruises were cancelled.  I feel really good about how Carnival has treated us.