Aft balcony

11 minutes ago, Branderson610 said:

Hi,

I found a room with a huge balcony in the aft section of the boat. I have heard mixed reviews, about the aft, like it is a rough ride and lots of noise. Is the aft section really that bad?

Nope!! As long as you are sandwiched between two cabin floors you are gonna love it!!  I love aft corner cabins!!

1 minute ago, princevaliantus said:

Nope!! As long as you are sandwiched between two cabin floors you are gonna love it!!  I love aft corner cabins!!

This is the one reason I'm considering sticking with my June cruise on Adventure that was supposed to go to Canada, but will likely go to Bermuda -- I got an aft corner, and I'm really psyched about it!

2 hours ago, Chadster said:

This is the one reason I'm considering sticking with my June cruise on Adventure that was supposed to go to Canada, but will likely go to Bermuda -- I got an aft corner, and I'm really psyched about it!

We had 1388 this Past Christmas and 1390 for New Years on the Adventure.  B2B

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3772.JPG

Under no circumstance should anyone book an aft balcony on any ship.  As a service to all of mankind, when I cruise, I will think of the other person first and take the aft balcony off of someone else's hands.  It's a heavy price for me as just one humble individual to pay, but someone's got to do it.

TIC of course.  Aft balconies are the bomb.

1 hour ago, RCVoyager said:

Under no circumstance should anyone book an aft balcony on any ship.  As a service to all of mankind, when I cruise, I will think of the other person first and take the aft balcony off of someone else's hands.  It's a heavy price for me as just one humble individual to pay, but someone's got to do it.

TIC of course.  Aft balconies are the bomb.

Lol, thanks for letting me know?

18 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Okay, here's a question: I've currently got an aft corner balcony on Adventure for June.

There are aft junior suites available. Small price difference ($90).

Worth it, or aft corner > junior suite not in the corner?

For $90 the double CAS points may be well worth it.  

Slightly larger cabin, walk in closet (most ships),  bath tub (most ships), priority boarding on day 1.

Corner aft is nice,  center aft is also very nice.

8 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

No, you get triple points instead of quadruple.

Still, that's definitely nothing to sneeze at (though if I did, I'd be sure to practice proper protocols...).

I'm definitely thinking I'll grab the JS then. I originally wasn't too keen on the thought of my cruise going to Bermuda or the Bahamas instead of Canada, but I figure I'll treat them as sea days, and just schedule an actual Canada cruise later. I can do that on Grandeur (or Enchantment, depending on when I go) or Empress so I can explore different ship classes.

If this cruise ends up being canceled, then it's canceled. If not, I'll be taking the modified itinerary in style! ?

2 hours ago, Chadster said:

Aft JS snagged for my 6/4 cruise on Adventure for an extra $102. I'm gonna call that a good deal.

I hope you get to go Chad.  With Carnival cancelling through May 14... and it's still March, we could lose all of June before it's over.  Good luck to both of us (we're scheduled on the 6th).

3 minutes ago, RCVoyager said:

I hope you get to go Chad.  With Carnival cancelling through May 14... and it's still March, we could lose all of June before it's over.  Good luck to both of us (we're scheduled on the 6th).

I am scheduled for June as well! Hopeful Royal will give us something for not bailing on them. Like OBC something if it does sail.

10 minutes ago, Branderson610 said:

I am scheduled for June as well! Hopeful Royal will give us something for not bailing on them. Like OBC something if it does sail.

I just got notice of the expected itinerary change since I'm supposed to go to Canada. We're doing the New England ports, and then we'll head south for an overnight in Bermuda. They're offering  the 125% FCC or 100% refund if you wanna cancel, and if you press on with your sailing, $250 for interior, oceanview, or balcony rooms...or $450 for suites -- and the OBC is refundable.

I guess I upgraded at just the right time! ?

2 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I just got notice of the expected itinerary change since I'm supposed to go to Canada. We're doing the New England ports, and then we'll head south for an overnight in Bermuda. They're offering  the 125% FCC or 100% refund if you wanna cancel, and if you press on with your sailing, $250 for interior, oceanview, or balcony rooms...or $450 for suites -- and the OBC is refundable.

I guess I upgraded at just the right time! ?

Wow! That is quite generous of them! Awesome!