Cost of the Unlimited Dining Package on Oasis

Delta5Cav

2 hours ago, loki007 said:

I've been watching the prices lately. For a 7 day doesn't appear to go below the $179pp

we have never done the UDP but were planning to on our next Oasis cruise. I'd love to hear what peoples experience was? Worth it? Ease of getting reservations?

None of the Cruise Planner prices are budging...with the exception of the UDP !!  In the past, the UDP on the O class ships has been as high as $199, so while $20 doesn't sound like much, it is a bit of a discount off the highest high price that I've seen.

We love the UDP and continue to get it for every cruise where it is offered.  You get a LOT of food...lunch on embarkation day and any sea days of your cruise as well as every dinner.  The truth is, sometimes it is too much food on sea days.  But on the Oasis class ships there are a lot of options for eating specialty, so you get to try a lot of different options.

We have never ever had any problem getting reservations except on the very rare occasions when we try and make a last-minute change.  I recall having to eat at Chops at 9:30 once !!  That wasn't too cool but that was b/c we had some kind of schedule change where we had to shift everything and that was all they had.  But for the vast, vast majority of cases, you get the restaurant you want at the time (or very close) that you want.

The specialty restaurants are a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the MDR.  I always feel just a little bit special when I dine at one of the specialty restaurants.  I guess that's why they call them specialty restaurants !!  LOL  Will you, most likely, have to repeat some of the restaurants on a typical 7 night cruise ?  Yes, but you get to choose which ones you want to go back to !!  The specialty restaurants have static menus; they do not change from day-to-day like the MDR menus so just keep that in mind.  If you want a wide variety of different options every night then you are probably better off sticking with the MDR or doing a 3 night specialty dining package.  Just be aware that the 3 night package does not include any lunch meals, just dinner.

I encourage you to try the UDP and decide for yourself if it is too much of a good thing !!