Photo prices?

If I remember correctly, on the Oasis you will be give a folio number that will correspond with a folder that will have all your pics.  They aren't cheap, the last ones we got, we got (I think) two 8X10's and it came with one of the folding frames for about $100 (don't quote me on that).  But I think you can get them on a CD on the oasis too..

I didn't realize they were so high.  Does anyone know if they sell a CD on Oasis and what the price might be?  Do they offer deals on the boat for them at certain times...like at the end of the cruise to lure us?

There are some promos offered on photos but I think they are mostly related to Crown & Anchor membership.  I have never ever purchased a photograph from Royal Caribbean.  I'm sure I'm one of the pax that they hate b/c I won't pay the outrageous prices.  I don't even take the free one that they offer us for being D+ !

I have never seen any other discount promos on photos but I will also admit that I don't look either b/c we don't buy photos.

I believe that they will give you 1 or as many photos as you choose to purchase on a CD.  I have no idea if they offer volume discounts or have a package price. 

The photos are offered as single prints, CD, or in packages. The packages can be CD only, prints only, or CD and Prints. The pricing is high for the packages and depends upon the length of the cruise. The total package, all prints and CD is $249 to $399 but discounts are offered for C & A and some on the ship like $50 off package promo. 

But if you want to purchase a single photo the price is around $30. They also seem to offer a package of a few photos for around $100 dollars. The photo package can be a good deal if you have them take many photos. Reynaline loves photos so while is may seem like a very costly package with 100 to 200 pictures per cruise the costs is much more reasonable per picture.

We just finished an Anniversary cruise and though I loathe photo shots, we did line up on a formal night for one good photo so I would have it next to my wedding photo on the wall. The number on your Seapass will line up with the column and folder you can find your random photos at the photo store. They took a quick one on the way on to the boat, which I had no intention of buying but let them take it. Turns out that one and the formal night yielded two photos we really liked. So we bought two 8 by 10's that were already found in our folder, for about $23.95 each? I think. It was under $50 for both and we really liked those two for our memory book and wall. (I scanned it when I got home and now it's on my FB page :-D   ) We left the ones we didn't like, in the folder and called it a day, happy that we didn't over do on photo prices. The rest of the boat load, haha of pictures, we took ourselves and we love love love them also.

On our first [and only so far] cruise, we ended up getting a photo package that was $250 for any picture anyone from our stateroom was in for the duration of the cruise.  This was 2 years ago, where they had physical prints out you pawed through -- not sure if they've upgraded to digital by now.  We were a multi-generational group of 10 across 3 staterooms, so we made sure at least 1 of us were in every picture, and did every photo shoot, formal shot, ad-hoc picture disembarking, etc.  I think it was limited to 8 people in the picture, so we had to pay for the group shot of all 10 of us, but we did combos that evening (each generation, each nuclear family, etc).  We came back with dozens and dozens of nice pictures of everyone.  

Doubt we'll do it again, but we got our money's worth. It became a game -- where's the camera!  :) 

-- not sure if they've upgraded to digital by now.  

Everything is digital now.

The cameras are digital, but on many of the ships you still need to sort through the prints as they don't have kiosks to view your photos.This is one of the things Disney has done that I really like as it reduces waste and is better for the environment.

I just wish they would reduce the prices as I think they'd make more money in the end with increased sales.  Same applies to drinks. I haven't purchased a drink (alcohol) on Royal since they increased their drink prices whereas I would partake in one every night or two.  While I sometimes do the Replenish package, that's only appealing when there are enough sea days to make use of it.

• 4 months later...

On Liiberty it's all digital. Computer monitors and facial recognition instead of rows of hard copy pictures. It worked pretty well.

It was $20 for a digital picture (sent to your phone). A package with all the digitial files was $149 on board. I was offered the same package for $99 pre-cruise. I ended up with 130 images on a USB stick. Great deal!

• 2 years later...

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean 6 times and have always purchase the pictures. This time I purchased all of them and I purchased a canvas. I was told 3-4 weeks we are now going on 7 weeks and still have not received it.  i have called numerous times and also emailed. I am very disgusted and wil not order pictures if I cruise with them agan unless they are printed and I can take them with me. I do not advise anyone to have pictures shipped because there is no customer service that will help, all they do is make a record and still no call back or response.