Cruise Status

rt Worth-based American Airlines announced Tuesday that any customer who has purchased plane tickets through September 30, 2020 will be able to change their ticket without penalty. They can then keep the value of that ticket for future flights — as long as they travel by December 31, 2021.Apr 8, 2020

2 hours ago, Cile said:

I have no idea why will sell in May. I have cruise May 24-th and I am waiting for them to cancel . Nobody will sail now. In Florida they say peak will be in 3 weeks. I have no idea why they wait?  

We are supposed to sail on May 25th, we are also waiting for them to cancel, I hav no clue why they have not, we are thinking of rebooking in September, in our case we need to change flights and motel as well, hope we both hear soon, good luck.

Good Morning All,

I am a huge fan of the saying "just because someone tells you to jump off a bridge, you should do it", but in the case of why we have not seen Royal extend the resume to sailing date is puzzling!  In my opinion and based on the CDC and what other cruises lines have done four days ago, they are not going to resume on 5/12.  What would the possibilities for them starting by this date?  Oh wait a minute, maybe they are working on getting all the refunds back to the consumers, nah that's not gonna happen.   lol ( a little sarcasm based on frustration, sorry)

16 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Well ... they did change the date ?

I just got that one(lol), I did have to chuckle to myself! 

You know who else I thought about are the individuals that also have to worry about the flights to the ports.  The airlines are making it easier for the consumer!  Why not Royal?  I also have not mention Disney who is also being irresponsible with not extending the sail date!  Very surprised with them!

Hmmm....maybe RCCI  thinks it might be able to adapt. They haven't had as much negative press as other lines. Maybe they plan to cruise to their private island on a specific itenirary. I mean look at the current situation....how many people are not following the orders of 6 feet apart by still attending church, throwing parties, going shopping everyday? Considering how new this is, the unlikelihood that it won't reoccur, and the lack of solid information. It could stand to reason RCCI might be rolling the dice like so many other people are......or they are too sad to make the announcement.