Cruise Status

24 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Okay...I have 63 days showing till our Alaska cruise supposedly takes places, for those of you that also have cruises pending that have been cancelled. Is it still showing?  Shall we post when it disappears from our upcoming cruise lists.

Per RCCL: Alaska, Canada and New England sailings are cancelled through June 30, 2020 due to port closures. If your cruise falls within these dates, it's a sad no-go.

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

Per RCCL: Alaska, Canada and New England sailings are cancelled through June 30, 2020 due to port closures. If your cruise falls within these dates, it's a sad no-go.

Except when you have different answers from RCCL. Per them on the phone and on social media: the only Canada sailings that are affected are the ones originating or ending in Canada. As of right now, they insist their other Canada/New England itineraries are a go even before July 1, despite posting this on Facebook: "Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada, and New England sailings on July 1, 2020."

Per my travel agent, who can't get a straight answer either: "It's either cancelled or headed south".

Either way, RCCL better pony up a 125% FCC -- I didn't pay to go to Bermuda or the Bahamas.

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

Okay...I have 63 days showing till our Alaska cruise supposedly takes places, for those of you that also have cruises pending that have been cancelled. Is it still showing?  Shall we post when it disappears from our upcoming cruise lists.

my cruise in 8 days is showing....soooooo..........lol 

57 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Except when you have different answers from RCCL. Per them on the phone and on social media: the only Canada sailings that are affected are the ones originating or ending in Canada. As of right now, they insist their other Canada/New England itineraries are a go even before July 1, despite posting this on Facebook: "Because of announced port closures, we expect to return to service for Alaska, Canada, and New England sailings on July 1, 2020."

Per my travel agent, who can't get a straight answer either: "It's either cancelled or headed south".

Either way, RCCL better pony up a 125% FCC -- I didn't pay to go to Bermuda or the Bahamas.

I agree with your TA as to the ships heading south.

2 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I agree with your TA as to the ships heading south.

That's what I'm expecting, too. I'm just waiting for an official announcement, because I figure the moment I decide something, RCCL will change a policy.

I love Royal, but I've got my limits.

19 hours ago, mworkman said:

@michelle told us that RCCL contacted her that our 5/15 Northbound Vancouver to Seward was canceled and to expect an email at some point from RCCL regarding FCC.  

it still shows active in cruise planner. Michelle also booked us on the 7/17 Southbound which is NOT showing in the planner.

10 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Mine is June 6th.  I hope they make a decision soon if they are going to extend past May 12th!

Same here. Mine's on June 4. I know it's a huge decision for them on what to do, but hopefully this is something they've previously considered, as an extension was, sadly, not wholly unexpected.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Frankly, I'm truly surprised that they have not already made an announcement about the next delay.  After Carnival made theirs, I figured Royal would be following shortly.  To my knowledge, NCL has not yet announced their extension, either.

Its coming..... Princess just announced there's and NCL had said they would announce sometime today.... its a matter of time

We have never sailed Carnival but just watched CEO of Carnival Mr. Arnold Donald on CNBC. (We usually don't enjoy this option but wanted more info on the cruise lines) What a positive well spoken individual. In our opinion he was an amazing representative of the cruise industry. The 2 talking heads were hitting him with nasty & negative "statements" in the form of questions and his poised responses were full of facts and educated feedback. I was surprised how well he kept his cool. His message reflected well in our opinion on the cruise lines, it was a breath of fresh air during this awful time. If you can view it,  worth a look in my humble opinion. 

Stay healthy & safe!

43 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We have never sailed Carnival but just watched CEO of Carnival Mr. Arnold Donald on CNBC. (We usually don't enjoy this option but wanted more info on the cruise lines) What a positive well spoken individual. In our opinion he was an amazing representative of the cruise industry. The 2 talking heads were hitting him with nasty & negative "statements" in the form of questions and his poised responses were full of facts and educated feedback. I was surprised how well he kept his cool. His message reflected well in our opinion on the cruise lines, it was a breath of fresh air during this awful time. If you can view it,  worth a look in my humble opinion. 

Stay healthy & safe!

As we all know, the cruise lines in general and Carnival in particular are hated by the mainstream media.  I have said many times, and I will say again, the vast majority of people with negatives to say either have an agenda or they are ignorant of what cruising in general and Carnival in particular are all about.

I love to cruise both Royal and Carnival.  Each has advantages over the other, and in the end, they balance out to about equal in terms of the quality of the overall experience.

I am working with a new PVP at Carnival now to finalize the details of our twice cancelled cruise into an October trip.  The guy is amazing and I believe he will get us the $600 obc, our future cruise, and a cash refund of the difference because of the October cost savings.  They say it can't be done, but it's being done for us right now.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Stay healthy & safe!

Funny Neesa that you mention the talking heads with the negative statements disguised as questions.  I discussed that with our new PVP this morning.  He talked about how the cruise lines and Carnival need advocates like so many of us on this board are. 

This guy is one of their top sellers because he takes care of his clients like no other.  He said in their training they are taught to end every phone call with "thank you for being a valuable customer of Carnival" or something to that effect.  He says, I have never done that.  He says that if clients aren't thanking him at the end of the call for being a valuable asset, he is not doing his job.  Not only is he getting us everything we need, he chose our staterooms for us and got us two rooms next to the Grand Suites (best stateroom attendants on the ship).  His way of getting a partial cash refund was for me to write a letter that he will send to upper management bypassing all the normal channels that are backlogged and not all that helpful.

If anyone is interested in his contact info, I will provide.

@RCVoyager  Yes! They (CNBC) were teasing the cruise line CEO all day, we just started sailing and discovered our love for it in 2016 so we have DCL & now RCL as our experiences. I paced with the TV on with zero sound until Mr. Donald appeared. I gave this presentation my full attention and I sat with mouth gaping at the sheer nastiness of the two "talking heads" Their palatable disrespect for this man was disgusting, I was pained as they tag teamed him, having not been familiar with him I found him to be so professional, never loosing control of his emotions and directly responding to everything posed. He reminded me of old school Bob Iger style. Upon conclusion of the interview I felt his representation was amazing, I hope he was heard, and even after he invited the "heads" on a future sailing they were snarky, my teenager has better manners! Right now I am doing my RCL tour with 5 future bookings all on her different ships, but it did make me say "I hope the other CEO's contact him and communicate gratitude as he was just wonderful....and brave. I just can't understand the pure HATRED, just so sad. 

I believe the CDC (as reflected below) spearheads this feeling too, shame on them! 

Be safe & stay healthy !

south park cartman GIF

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

@RCVoyager  Yes! They (CNBC) were teasing the cruise line CEO all day, we just started sailing and discovered our love for it in 2016 so we have DCL & now RCL as our experiences. I paced with the TV on with zero sound until Mr. Donald appeared. I gave this presentation my full attention and I sat with mouth gaping at the sheer nastiness of the two "talking heads" Their palatable disrespect for this man was disgusting, I was pained as they tag teamed him, having not been familiar with him I found him to be so professional, never loosing control of his emotions and directly responding to everything posed. He reminded me of old school Bob Iger style. Upon conclusion of the interview I felt his representation was amazing, I hope he was heard, and even after he invited the "heads" on a future sailing they were snarky, my teenager has better manners! Right now I am doing my RCL tour with 5 future bookings all on her different ships, but it did make me say "I hope the other CEO's contact him and communicate gratitude as he was just wonderful....and brave. I just can't understand the pure HATRED, just so sad. 

I believe the CDC (as reflected below) spearheads this feeling too, shame on them! 

Be safe & stay healthy !

south park cartman GIF

Thankfully all of these networks that spew so much hate have minuscule audiences.  Not only are the audiences tiny, they are largely the choir that is being preached to so there is no real damage.  The vast majority of Americans tune them out altogether.

Now back to the real topic, I have been cruising for 30 years, and I come from a family of cruisers.  I'm glad you found the industry when you did, and I hope you and your loved ones have half of the fulfillment my family and I have had over the years.  I have not done DCL.  I love my children, but I'm not sure I love 1,000 of other people's children.  But, I have a sister-in-law who swears by DCL.  I plan to try it one day... maybe when my grand children come around.  It may not be too many years down the path.  My oldest (22) is getting married this summer.  She and her fiance love the parks, so a progression to the ships is a real possibility.

One other thing, the caption on your cartoon could also be "I wanna hear my voice".  There is a lot of that going on too!

4 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

So Royal’s site side it was updated today 4/15. I do not see any changes and they still say May 12 as the return to sailing.  Am I missing something?  R they the only ones that are returning to sailing in May?  Really?

I have no idea why will sell in May. I have cruise May 24-th and I am waiting for them to cancel . Nobody will sail now. In Florida they say peak will be in 3 weeks. I have no idea why they wait?  

I’m totally ok if they cxl the June cruise (although I’m having withdrawals lol) and what ever they offer for it. I’m just frustrated they haven’t made a decision yet when others have!  Similar to the airlines. Some have made the no charge change policy until the end of the year And some only have til 5/31

6 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

I’m totally ok if they cxl the June cruise (although I’m having withdrawals lol) and what ever they offer for it. I’m just frustrated they haven’t made a decision yet when others have!  Similar to the airlines. Some have made the no charge change policy until the end of the year And some only have til 5/31

American Airlines extended to 12/31/2021!  YAY! Though I'd rather get a refund...