Delayed ship upgrades

Shannon

Did I read somewhere that RC is delaying upgrading a couple of their ships? Do we know anything about when those upgrades will happen? I'm scheduled on Allure in June of 2021, and part of the reason we picked that sailing was for the upgraded ship. I'm trying to figure out if I need to consider booking a different one? Or if they will lower the price if the upgrades don't end up happening?

Anyone have any insight?

15 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Did I read somewhere that RC is delaying upgrading a couple of their ships? Do we know anything about when those upgrades will happen? I'm scheduled on Allure in June of 2021, and part of the reason we picked that sailing was for the upgraded ship. I'm trying to figure out if I need to consider booking a different one? Or if they will lower the price if the upgrades don't end up happening?

Anyone have any insight?

Pick a different ship.. I don't think allure will get Amped.. I am also upset. I picked Allure specifically for the Amp and now that's not going to happen

4 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Even without the upgrades Allure is still an amazing ship! Was just on her in January and she is still in really good shape and has an awesome entertainment lineup. If you want the latest and greatest change your booking but if you choose to stick with Allure you will still have an amazing cruise!!

I’ll have a 15, 18, and 20 year old. They were really looking forward to the slides. Is there enough for teens to do on Allure?

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

I’ll have a 15, 18, and 20 year old. They were really looking forward to the slides. Is there enough for teens to do on Allure?

Oasis and Allure have sailed for 10 years without slides.  There has always been a lot to do on these ships.  If you had asked this same question in 2015 the response would have been a resounding yes, there is a lot to do for teens and kids of all ages on these ships.

Water and dry slides take that up a notch but only you can decide if water slides are a must have for your family.

I can't find many faults with any of the Oasis Class ships...there may be a few things I would very much love to see Royal do with future & current Oasis Class ships; but, they are great ships, as they stand today...amped or non-amped.

However, speaking hypothetically, I suspect Royal truely desire to have Allure amped "no later" than its original schedule homeport debut in Galveston...but surely, as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

Where can I see what Allure has currently? Everything I see on their website shows what it will look like after the amp. Also, what ships are already fully upgraded? I want to make sure I look at all my options. ?

You could easily search for any full ship tour of Allure on YouTube.  There are many there.