OBC question

With RC offering  125% obc for pre-cruise purchases on canceled sailing , I wanted to confirm whether or no TV OBC can be used for cruise planner perchases prior to boarding ( Ie: drink packages, excursions, ect.) And is it available to use right away?

I asked my TA @michelle that very question and here is the answer she got from Royal "Yes, they attach the cruise planner to the FCC then when you rebook a cruise or apply the FCC to a cruise, the apply the cruise planner credit also and you can use it for before you get on the ship and while on the ship YOU HAVE to use it all on that sailing – it will be non-refundable and will not carry over"

8 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

YOU HAVE to use it all on that sailing – it will be non-refundable and will not carry over

This is new and very helpful information! TY. I'll have to consider this since my May 31st sailing out of Cape Liberty doesn't look very hopeful. 

My question, which nobody has been able to answer yet (my May 24th sailing has not yet been cancelled so I have not enquired directly with RC as I am sure they have enough to do helping customers whose sailings have already been cancelled) is whether the 125% FCC and OBC can be applied to a sailing that I have already booked.

We are also booked on Anthem in October and have only paid the deposit so far. I understand that in the U.S. you can simply cancel and re-book before the final payment date, thereby allowing you to apply the credit to the new booking; however we can't do that in the UK without losing our deposit.

If we can keep the current booking and use the FCC to pay the balance and also apply the OBC to cover the drinks package etc, then happy days, but everything I have read so far seems to talk about the application of the credits to new bookings.

If anyone can clarify for a confused cruiser I'd be very grateful! 

2 minutes ago, Ian T said:

My question, which nobody has been able to answer yet (my May 24th sailing has not yet been cancelled so I have not enquired directly with RC as I am sure they have enough to do helping customers whose sailings have already been cancelled) is whether the 125% FCC and OBC can be applied to a sailing that I have already booked.

We are also booked on Anthem in October and have only paid the deposit so far. I understand that in the U.S. you can simply cancel and re-book before the final payment date, thereby allowing you to apply the credit to the new booking; however we can't do that in the UK without losing our deposit.

If we can keep the current booking and use the FCC to pay the balance and also apply the OBC to cover the drinks package etc, then happy days, but everything I have read so far seems to talk about the application of the credits to new bookings.

If anyone can clarify for a confused cruiser I'd be very grateful! 

Actually I think my question has in fact been answered by SweetPea's post from a few hours ago. Sorry!

9 hours ago, nova_gal said:

This is new and very helpful information! TY. I'll have to consider this since my May 31st sailing out of Cape Liberty doesn't look very hopeful. 

Yeah finding out it’s use it or lose it has me being a bit more loosey goosey with what I’m considering getting. Like a beach club cabana doesn’t look AS crazy when Royal is giving me a free extra $500. 

18 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

I asked my TA @michelle that very question and here is the answer she got from Royal "Yes, they attach the cruise planner to the FCC then when you rebook a cruise or apply the FCC to a cruise, the apply the cruise planner credit also and you can use it for before you get on the ship and while on the ship YOU HAVE to use it all on that sailing – it will be non-refundable and will not carry over"

Oh good! Thank you so much for answering my question!

We were wondering if any unused CP FCC (pre-cruise) would carry over and be available while on that sailing.