Cape Liberty Cruise Port

We are scheduled for a cruise on May 17, 2020 on the Oasis out of Cape Liberty Cruise Port. I know that we have barely missed the cutoff and there is a chance that we may still have our cruise cancelled but I am more concerned that if they don't cancel our cruise that we are leaving out of Cape Liberty. That area is being hit very hard with this virus and I am not sure I would want to go in that area in May. I wonder if the port doesn't open but the cruise is still on if they will divert and leave from another port or will they just cancel the cruise? Just random thoughts. 

That was my thoughts as well. I don't think the cruise will happen and we plan to take a refund and then rebook for December but just waiting to see what they choose to do first. Even if it doesn't cancel I think we are still planning to cancel and take the FCC because one of our group is high risk and we can't take any chances. 

Booked for FOTS end of june, in all honesty seeing how its traveled west from china to italy then spain, the UK hasnt even got started yet!

No matter what anyone thinks, This virus isnt going away anytime soon. And lockdown in countries will not only continue but get worse 

Do i believe i will be able to cruise? 

No chance!!!!

Hopefully im wrong but i doubt i am 

7 minutes ago, Ray said:

Booked for FOTS end of june, in all honesty seeing how its traveled west from china to italy then spain, the UK hasnt even got started yet!

No matter what anyone thinks, This virus isnt going away anytime soon. And lockdown in countries will not only continue but get worse 

Do i believe i will be able to cruise? 

No chance!!!!

Hopefully im wrong but i doubt i am 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the UK is in lockdown.

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Even if you can get out of the port, the islands that you will be visiting may not allow cruise ships to dock. :27_sunglasses:

I'm not counting on our Oasis (5/31) cruise to sail, but it may happen as long as the U.S. ports are open and they can resume cruising.

For the Oasis itinerary (out of Cape Liberty), Royal would possibly have to replace only Nassau or make it a sea day (fine with us!). The other ports are Port Canaveral and Coco Cay. I'm assuming Coco Cay and Labadee are under Royal's control and discretion.

Fingers crossed, but going to book something later just in case!

7 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'm not counting on our Oasis (5/31) cruise to sail, but it may happen as long as the U.S. ports are open and they can resume cruising.

For the Oasis itinerary (out of Cape Liberty), Royal would possibly have to replace only Nassau or make it a sea day (fine with us!). The other ports are Port Canaveral and Coco Cay. I'm assuming Coco Cay and Labadee are under Royal's control and discretion.

Fingers crossed, but going to book something later just in case!

I thought the same for our Oasis May 10 cruise but we got cut. Yours being so late in May might go off without a hitch, my fingers are crossed for you. Also honestly I wish they would just do two days in Coco Cay and not go to Nassau. Save them money and its a better port. 

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the UK is in lockdown.

Is it? wouldn't think so the way some bloody idiots are behaving!!!! Going to the park, having BBQ'S etc etc etc THIS is why it will get worse! if people cannot follow simple guidelines then stricter measures are put in place. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Also honestly I wish they would just do two days in Coco Cay and not go to Nassau. Save them money and its a better port. 

I'm with you on that plan! Unfortunately (for us), they stack up the ships at Coco Cay, so unless some of them get... cough, cough... cancelled... I cannot see them adding a second day on the fly. I'll take the extra sea day!

That definitely would be nice for future itineraries... I think some of the Mariner/Navigator short cruises are 2 days at Coco Cay. I know some Symphony itineraries, and possibly Odyssey, have stops at both Coco Cay AND Labadee... nice!

Prior to all of this madness, they had 3 ships scheduled to be in Coco Cay on 6/3 (Oasis, Indy & Majesty)... looks like they moved Indy to 6/4 some time ago, but that's only good if we can all go on our sailings! 

32 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'm with you on that plan! Unfortunately (for us), they stack up the ships at Coco Cay, so unless some of them get... cough, cough... cancelled... I cannot see them adding a second day on the fly. I'll take the extra sea day!

That definitely would be nice for future itineraries... I think some of the Mariner/Navigator short cruises are 2 days at Coco Cay. I know some Symphony itineraries, and possibly Odyssey, have stops at both Coco Cay AND Labadee... nice!

Prior to all of this madness, they had 3 ships scheduled to be in Coco Cay on 6/3 (Oasis, Indy & Majesty)... looks like they moved Indy to 6/4 some time ago, but that's only good if we can all go on our sailings! 

I have never been to Nassau but I don't have any interest either. The excursions are very expensive and a guy I work with has been there on cruises and said if you don't have an excursion then just stay on the ship. That was our plan even before he said that but he reinforced it. We were supposed to visit Coco Cay on our May 10 Oasis cruise but now its Sept. 6th as we were cancelled. Oh well we will have an excellent time in Sept. 

4 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

I believe the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal can as the ship was built having funnels with the capability to be lowered. But, I might be wrong.

At the moment, I think it's likely Brooklyn has more COVID-19 cases than Bayonne, so i'm not sure Brooklyn would be a helpful idea for an alternate port.

16 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Our May 30th cruise on Adventure to Bermuda is out of Port Liberty.  We'd cancel now but figure it it's cancelled we'd get the 125% FCC.  The thought they could change the itinerary never occurred to us.  It better not change to a New England cruise because that's where we live! 

I'm hoping to get a clear answer on Adventure going TO New England/Canada on June 4 when y'all get back. Everything seems to be pointing to the notion that they'll point their cruises south for the time being -- and I'm the opposite of you -- I don't wanna go that way...it's not what I paid or booked for, so I get you not wanting to go north! ?

On 3/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, J-Fitz said:

My cruise is May 24th from the same port. I’m sure it won’t actual happen so I’m just playing the waiting game for RC to cancel. 

My wife and I are booked on 24th sailing too but have the added wait on whether we will even be allowed entry into the US from the UK. If I am honest I cannot see us sailing and am also waiting for RC to cancel so I can take advantage of the 125% FCC/OBC... and then start planning and looking forward to a future cruise! ?

On 3/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

Our May 30th cruise on Adventure to Bermuda is out of Port Liberty.  We'd cancel now but figure it it's cancelled we'd get the 125% FCC.  The thought they could change the itinerary never occurred to us.  It better not change to a New England cruise because that's where we live! 

They can't go to New England without visiting Canada which is closed until July 1st, so you have more of a chance of going to Bermuda at this point!

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

They can't go to New England without visiting Canada which is closed until July 1st, so you have more of a chance of going to Bermuda at this point!

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to take the 100% FCC or refund, because I'm guessing they'll just do that for my June 4 cruise, and since they won't cancel, I'll have to...since a port change all that way doesn't even make it the cruise I booked in the first place. ?

But, they have discretion to change ports, even if it means mangling itineraries. ?

10 hours ago, bytheslice said:

Celebrity Summit which also sails from Cape Liberty is still visiting NE ports and replacing the Canadian ones with port calls in Bermuda & Nassau.

This is an option..I forgot that the cruise cycles for Canada/New England and Bermuda run 9/5 nights..9 days will have the time needed to hit other ports.  Just a matter of juggling the schedules I imagine.