So Disappointed with RCI

geekett

I'm so disappointed to find out that I won't be able to use the 125% credit to cover a new cruise. Because of the way they're treating those credits, I'd be out another $2000. So, in order to accomplish a cruise this year, I'll have to take the regular refund. But, wait! That's not all! The refund will take 30 days to process. Meantime, I have to shell out another $3500 and pay credit card interest until the refund arrives. If we weren't traveling with friends and family, I'd forget the whole thing. I still may give it up. This is my first experience with RCI and I already know it'll be my last. I know this is a tough time, but come on. If you're going to give 125%, let us use the whole thing to cover the more expensive summer cruises.

Sorry, but I think RCI are doing their best in a very difficult time.

They have massive overheads, thousands of staff to consider, and need to remain strong for the time when things return to normal.

Just take the refund and maybe you have to wait a bit, and enjoy your future cruising with some other line, or maybe just stay at home and be bitter about it all !

@Dodger - I get where they are. I just got exhausted trying to make another cruise happen for my boys. We just lost my mom in October, my dad in February after caring for him and helping him die. This cruise was to be a family reset and respite. It's a major expense for us. I'm just a single mom trying to make something special happen and wish that RCI would handle things differently. 

@princevaliantus - I think you mis-read my post.

@geekett I am sorry for your losses.

I definitely understand your frustrations as I was part of a group birthday cruise on CCL in April. The group cancelled almost 2 weeks ago, forcing my hand, and we are all waiting 90 days for our refund. 90 days is a long time, made worst by the fact that I am only getting a partial refund. I had cruised with CCL before and I didn't hate it per se but it is not a line I enjoy. It was for 3 days at an incredible deal, we had gotten a Grand Ocean suite for only $377. They are trying to force me into using the FCC asap, calling and emailing me at all times of the day. Nothing is in the price range and I refuse to tie up any more money with them.

If I were you I would take the refund because maybe in 30 days the cost of that new cruise might be less. You need to weigh the options of is it worth it for you to book another cruise with the funds you have or wait. Who knows what deals RCI might have in the future.

GOOD LUCK with your REFUND!

PLEASE, the first cruiser that receives their 100% booking fee REFUND, let others know on this post. Let us all not forget; the cruises that are cancelled are within the 100% prepaid 90 day prior to sailing time frame. That means RCCL already has our money for every cancelled sailing, yet the ships are moored and not sailing. That money should be REFUNDED, ASAP!

On 3/26/2020 at 5:30 AM, Dodger said:

Sorry, but I think RCI are doing their best in a very difficult time.

They have massive overheads, thousands of staff to consider, and need to remain strong for the time when things return to normal.

Just take the refund and maybe you have to wait a bit, and enjoy your future cruising with some other line, or maybe just stay at home and be bitter about it all !

So the little person should take the bullet so that the multi-National can survive.