normal cancellation policy question

image.png.0bd781ccf2bb7c2d74c08f69b9c32bf6.png

hello,

I have a quick question regarding cancellation policy with refundable deposit. 

September cruise I am looking at is $2,000 now with $1,000 refundable deposit.    Let's say I book this today and pay $1,000 refundable deposit.   If I cancel on June 14, Do I get my $1,000 back?

what does  "25% of total price/person" mean?

Do I lose any money in this scenario?

thanks everyone.

If you cancel by June 14, you will indeed get 100% of your money back, including the refundable deposit (but make sure you've checked off the "Refundable Deposit" option or otherwise see that it's marked "Refundable"). Can you confirm there are just two of you on this booking, or is it four? I'll be assuming booking is for two.

If total price of the cruise is $2,000 then the price per person is $1,000 (assuming it's two of you). So:

• From June 15 through June 29, you'll lose $500 total (25% of $1,000 = $250 per person)
  • From June 30 through July 13, you'll lose $1,000 total (50% of $1,000 = $500 per person)
  • July 14 through August 12, you'll lose $1,500 total (75% of $1,000 = $750 per person)

You will not lose the port fees and taxes -- those are always refunded.

37 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

If you cancel by June 14, you will indeed get 100% of your money back, including the refundable deposit (but make sure you've checked off the "Refundable Deposit" option or otherwise see that it's marked "Refundable"). Can you confirm there are just two of you on this booking, or is it four? I'll be assuming booking is for two.

If total price of the cruise is $2,000 then the price per person is $1,000 (assuming it's two of you). So:

• From June 15 through June 29, you'll lose $500 total (25% of $1,000 = $250 per person)
  • From June 30 through July 13, you'll lose $1,000 total (50% of $1,000 = $500 per person)
  • July 14 through August 12, you'll lose $1,500 total (75% of $1,000 = $750 per person)

got it. thanks!!

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

image.thumb.png.1acac5a98b2f82fe6dd3121d7ec0d30f.png

When I choose "We(Royal) pick your room" option, there is no refundable deposit available. Is this normal?

5 hours ago, mook1525 said:

yes screenshot is the very last page before I can make a payment.  I do not see refundable deposit option there. 

When I put a deposit down on a July 15 cruise last week, there was no option for a refundable deposit. I just ran through it again with a mock booking, and still no RD option (113 days out from sailing). However, the same itinerary in August had the RD option.

I'm wondering if in at least some cases, cruises within the "Cruise With Confidence" period are all being priced NRD. ?