FCC credit

So unfortunately I am affected by the shutdown, royal has canceled my cruise. My question is, as I have tried to read up on how the FCC work, myself, my wife and my 15 month old child were all in one room, due to promotions and 3rd guest our individual fares were all differen. As I understand it the FCC get issues by guest not by cabin. With the promos running now( Kids sale free) I'm worried FCC may not be the best option, does FCC have to go towards the individual fare or just be in the cabin? Dont want to go that route and find out that my child's wont be able to be applied because of the kids sale free promotion. Sorry if this is confusing I'm trying to understand.

57 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Your FCC will be issued by the cruise fare paid by each guest and not by cabin. You mentioned that you booked under KSF so that means your child just paid taxes and fees. You will likely not get back an FCC for the kids. Just for guests who paid a cruise fare.

Nope kid was charged as 3rd guest, the cruises I'm looking at booking are KSF so if my kid is in the new cabin does it matter that he sales free or can can the credit be applied because he is listed in the new cabin 

I don't know if anyone noticed but Royal has sweetened the 125% FCC offer by extending it to cruise planner purchases as well.  It's on the website under this latest update.  My guess is it's so that people are more reluctant on requesting a full refund:  

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31st, 2021 to request a refund.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.

• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

• Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items:

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

◦ Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.

• If we don’t hear from you on or before April 8th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded.

I jumped to cancel all my CP purchases to get the money back in DH's bank quick. Did NOT see the CP OBC option coming. I was expecting the cancellation and had all my plan of action ready and moved quick. I know for next time!  I wonder if it's upfront and can be used to pre-book excursions for the next cruise or if it's as OBC on your account after you embark.

8 hours ago, Nathan_O said:

Nope kid was charged as 3rd guest, the cruises I'm looking at booking are KSF so if my kid is in the new cabin does it matter that he sales free or can can the credit be applied because he is listed in the new cabin 

No, if you are booking a sailing that offers KSF, then you cannot use the FCC on your child at all.

Reason is that the FCC must be applied to cruise fare and with KSF, your child is technically not paying any cruise fare (just taxes and fees).