30 Day Extension on Cancelled Cruises

10 minutes ago, Chadster said:

How soon should we be expecting an e-mail from RCCL? I'm still awaiting the confirmation that they have canceled my cruise under this new decision. I've got a tough choice between the FCC and the refund with the timing of my cruise.

Or maybe someone, somewhere is just saying I shouldn't go to Canada this year. ?

I got my email last night from RCCL

16 hours ago, Shari3 said:

I am booked on May 15 to New England. Any chance Royal might change the itinerary and not cancel? 

Not sure they would be able to, Canada closed down until July, Bermuda isn’t accepting ships through May I believe, only option would be doing something to Coco Cay and Bahamas (that’s assuming those places are open by then but highly doubtful) but that’s usually a 7-8 night sailing, so my guess would be that cruise will be canceled unfortunately 

14 hours ago, BarbieBell said:

We were booked on the Brilliance leaving Tampa May 2 for 15 day transatlantic which was sold out & ending in Amsterdam. We were notified today that it’s cancelled, however our B2B from Amsterdam for 12 day Baltic Cruise hasn’t cancelled yet. I’m not sure but I would think it will cancel also.  Right now the schedule still shows that ship resuming cruises from Amsterdam mid May, but nothing shows the ship relocating from Tampa to Amsterdam.  I’ve looked at the schedules and frankly there’s not much to choose from right now to use the Future Cruise Credits for so not sure that refunds aren’t the better choice. 

we are in exactly the same situation, i think baltic will cancel soon.. dont think ships are going to europe, right now none are scheduled to. i want to take fcc, but not sure how long this will last..trying to cancel one way air home from amsterdam now...

17 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My goodness.  As if most people weren’t already confused enough with the FCC, now they include Cruise Planner items in it.  I wish they would just make a plan and stick to it. I guess it shows that they are REALLY trying to save cash.  Wow.

I was happy to take the 125% on my cruise planner purchases as OBC! I had gotten the booze/voom combo on Oasis for $59/day on Black Friday and it's $59 for only the booze on my replacement cruise. ? At least it will help a little with that! 

Well, THIS just got more confusing. Apparently, as of the moment I type this, my June 4 sailing aboard Adventure that sails round-trip to/from Cape Liberty to include the Canadian ports of Halifax and St. John has NOT been canceled, per both a call-center agent and the RCCL Facebook team. Apparently, they're saying this suspension of Canadian sailings ONLY includes the Alaska cruises AND sailings "originating or ending in Canada".

I asked if the itinerary has been changed, and they said "not at this time"... ?

I'm so close to canceling my June sailing because of all this confusion and just going in July -- but now that I'm inside final payment, I don't want to be screwed out of any increased FCC or the like.

I should've known this wouldn't be clear cut.

I know we all love Royal, but right now, I'm so very tempted to cancel all my cruises with them (even the ones later this year) and take my business elsewhere because their public points of contact don't seem to grasp what each other are doing. Yes, I know it's a confusing time, but c'mon... ?

I've also reached out to my TA, so hopefully she can make some sense of all this.

28 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Well, THIS just got more confusing. Apparently, as of the moment I type this, my June 4 sailing aboard Adventure that sails round-trip to/from Cape Liberty to include the Canadian ports of Halifax and St. John has NOT been canceled, per both a call-center agent and the RCCL Facebook team. Apparently, they're saying this suspension of Canadian sailings ONLY includes the Alaska cruises AND sailings "originating or ending in Canada".

I asked if the itinerary has been changed, and they said "not at this time"... ?

I'm so close to canceling my June sailing because of all this confusion and just going in July -- but now that I'm inside final payment, I don't want to be screwed out of any increased FCC or the like.

I know we all love Royal, but right now, I'm so very tempted to cancel all my cruises with them (even the ones later this year) and take my business elsewhere because their public points of contact don't seem to grasp what each other are doing. Yes, I know it's a confusing time, but c'mon... ?

I've also reached out to my TA, so hopefully she can make some sense of all this.

Well confusing I agree but I would cut them some slack here. They are dealing with something no one anticipated. They are trying to do some many things right now and deal with so many guests I would give them a break. There are thousands upon thousands of passengers going through this mess and Royal trying to deal with all of them. It must be a nightmare in Miami right now in headquarters. Not to mention these people are worried about losing their jobs at some point.

I know they're going through a lot -- and I'm not taking aim at those folks on the front lines...I know they're only as good as the information they're being given. I just wish their corporate communications team would get on the same page, lay things out clearly and concisely, and make sure that those front-line customer-service folks know what's going on. Yes, this situation is fluid...but when your decisions come across as being made willy-nilly and without consistency, it's setting a bad precedent.

At this point, I don't care if they cancel my cruises. They can go ahead. I just want everybody to be safe and well, and for them to do whatever it takes for that. It just feels like this latest decision has been made haphazardly and without any real coordination or clarity -- and that's not good for anyone. ?

2 hours ago, Chadster said:

I know they're going through a lot -- and I'm not taking aim at those folks on the front lines...I know they're only as good as the information they're being given. I just wish their corporate communications team would get on the same page, lay things out clearly and concisely, and make sure that those front-line customer-service folks know what's going on. Yes, this situation is fluid...but when your decisions come across as being made willy-nilly and without consistency, it's setting a bad precedent.

At this point, I don't care if they cancel my cruises. They can go ahead. I just want everybody to be safe and well, and for them to do whatever it takes for that. It just feels like this latest decision has been made haphazardly and without any real coordination or clarity -- and that's not good for anyone. ?

I am with you ? on all those points. I feel like every day their PR nightmare just gets worse and worse. 

4 hours ago, Chadster said:

I’m in exact same situation for May 15th. fingers crossed it all works out in our favor

My always-helpful TA (Sharla @ MEI) notified me this morning that as of today (3/26), my cruise on June 4 aboard Adventure going to/from Cape Liberty and stopping in the Canadian ports of St. John and Halifax has not been canceled. Apparently, RCCL's cancellation is currently only impacting Alaska sailings and Canada sailings originating in/departing from Canadian ports.

Wait-mode continues to be engaged.

Welp, for 24 hours I've been sweeping up my shattered dreams off the floor, like most of you, as our May 11th Indy sailing was cancelled. I made a few comments previously that I will never ever book again without a TA, and I'm sticking to that! I'm already looking at basically the same cruise we planned, but in July. Are y'all waiting to rebook until we know for sure cruising resumes? Or is it worth just working with a TA now to use the FCC (when it's available) and start planning? I just don't want to keep losing deposits either, since, from what I understand that's not refundable, and we don't know when cruising will ever resume. Just curious what you guys were doing out there and far out you're booking?

There is no downside to working with an agent now and booking when the time is right.   You will not lose a deposit under the current rules.  If you book a non refundable deposit way out in the future then you might risk losing a part of your deposit if you change your mind later.  Deposits are all being refunded currently. 

I know that this is hard on everybody and though it is a long way off, Oct, for our next cruise, I am remaining confident and hopeful that we will cruise then. And if we don't, we don't.

My hope is that all of us come out of this unscathed and are able to cruise again, whenever that is. Many others will not be so lucky.

Happy future cruising!!

1 hour ago, CruzOnBye said:

Are y'all waiting to rebook until we know for sure cruising resumes? Or is it worth just working with a TA now to use the FCC (when it's available) and start planning?

I also came to realization during the first round of cancellations that a good TA is so valuable!  I had my back up cruise booked a few days before our actual sailing got cancelled.  It makes it more bearable lol.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

There is no downside to working with an agent now and booking when’re the time is right.   You will not lose a deposit under the current rules.  If you book a non refundable deposit way out in the future then you might risk losing a part of your deposit if you change your mind later.  Deposits are all being refunded currently. 

Oh wow, thank you, I must have misunderstood that part. I feel like I'm on information overload...I need a CocoLoco stat!