30 Day Extension on Cancelled Cruises

5 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Where would they change the itinerary too?? The whole world is on lockdown. 

Exactly. There’s really nowhere to go. 

This is maybe the 1st of many schedule push backs from RC. From a corporate standpoint it’s obvious they can’t just come out & cancel every cruise for the remainder of the year at once w/o setting off a mass sell off for every cruise booked out to 2021. The reality is that there’s not a chance they are back to a normal schedule in 2020. 

13 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Where would they change the itinerary too?? The whole world is on lockdown. 

I would think once the U.S. is good to go, they will start up again. Our cruise is from Cape Liberty and hits Port Canaveral, Nassau (might be an issue) and Coco Cay... maybe we'll have another sea day instead of Nassau... fingers crossed for 5/31!  ?

Well, this puts me in an awkward spot. I just lost my June 4 cruise on Adventure to Canada, but so far, my July 15 backup sailing is still on. Problem is, I won't get my FCC in time to apply at final payment (on April 17). I know the situation is fluid, but I wish they'd just done a blanket 60 days from the beginning -- and made the decision about Alaska and Canada when Canada announced their port closures.

28 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Same here - had a pretty good deal. July cruises look like double the price of our May cruise... and would I get the 125% FCC in time for final payment in April for a July cruise?

Well We knew this was coming. We were on Oasis May 10th. Just were waiting for the cancel and credit. I believe they will start sailing mid May though. Question I have is for the cruise we want to go on instead a Central park balcony is a little over 100 less than ocean view balcony. Which one would you choose? Kinda like the novelty of a Central park balcony but what do you think.

1 minute ago, Frogfanatic said:

We have a May 24th sailing on Harmony.  My hope is hanging on by a thin thread.  If the port situation round The Caribbean is an issue for future sailings I would be happy to spend an extra day at Coco Cay and just hang on the ship for the rest of the days.  haha.....

We are May 31st, but I just don't know if it is going to happen.  Even if they lift travel bans/restrictions, cruises are going to be the last places they will want people to congregate on.  I just don't think C-19 will be eradicated enough for officials to take that risk.  Don't get me wrong, we are hoping with all hope that we still get to go, I just don't know logically if it will happen. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well We knew this was coming. We were on Oasis May 10th. Just were waiting for the cancel and credit. I believe they will start sailing mid May though. Question I have is for the cruise we want to go on instead a Central park balcony is a little over 100 less than ocean view balcony. Which one would you choose? Kinda like the novelty of a Central park balcony but what do you think.

I would take ocean view all the time. I don’t like the idea of looking across into other balconies and vice versa. I love being able to look out over the ocean in the morning and also enjoy watching as we dock at port. 

So I think this is different from the last round of cancellations. If you bought something in the cruise planner you can either have it refunded or apply for 125% OBC for a future sailing. I’m curious if this would be able to be used online ahead of time or if it’s only able to be used on board. Makes a huge difference. 

EE659E9B-57C7-4EED-9EB8-A486E1A76082.thumb.jpeg.9ab0c0cc7638d6a71f0ca956262a9d0d.jpeg

We were on the May 10th Allure sailing out of Barcelona.

I'm so sad not to go on this trip this year.

I really appreciate RC making the decision until waiting the last minute.  

Prayers everyone stays healthy.

Prayers for anyone and their family who are dealing with this Virus.

22 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

So I think this is different from the last round of cancellations. If you bought something in the cruise planner you can either have it refunded or apply for 125% OBC for a future sailing. I’m curious if this would be able to be used online ahead of time or if it’s only able to be used on board. Makes a huge difference. 

That's really interesting. We're supposed to sail 5/25 and have purchased the DBP and Chef's table. I wonder if they will carry this new policy forward if there is yet another round of cancellations?

39 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

EE659E9B-57C7-4EED-9EB8-A486E1A76082.thumb.jpeg.9ab0c0cc7638d6a71f0ca956262a9d0d.jpeg

Wish they would simply allow purchases from CP(like drink package) to move to the new cruise.

the 2020 european cruise season is toast.. no ships are doing transatlantic, most were scheduled between 4/15 and 5/10.. all removed from site. we were on 5/2 brillance to amsterdam, thats canceled,we were scheduled to continue back to back on 5/17 baltic.. not canceled yet, but since ship not going as scheduled to get to amsterdam, I believe all summer euro itineraries will be cancelled soon, ports will never be open with mass problems in spain, italy, england. all sucks, only 7 cruises from pinnacle, but not scheduling anything else for 2020.  the industry is in real trouble...

So I opted to get the refund for my April 18 sailing. Does anyone know what all they keep from that amount. We prepaid gratuities and opted for Royal Caribbean travel insurance and taxes. Will all of those be refunded also? Anyone have any idea. They never said how much my refund would be or what they were withholding when I requested the refund.

5 minutes ago, AmberG said:

So I opted to get the refund for my April 18 sailing. Does anyone know what all they keep from that amount. We prepaid gratuities and opted for Royal Caribbean travel insurance and taxes. Will all of those be refunded also? Anyone have any idea. They never said how much my refund would be or what they were withholding when I requested the refund.

If things work the way have before, your taxes and prepaid gratuities will be refunded to your credit card.  I am not sure how the insurance will be handled.

Just got the text message.  RC cancelling everything with a proposed restart date of May 12. Knew this was probably coming.  Now just unsure if that is a reasonable start date for cruises to resume. 

Good luck to everyone in dealing with refunds and FCC. 

And stay safe.

We were booked on the Brilliance leaving Tampa May 2 for 15 day transatlantic which was sold out & ending in Amsterdam. We were notified today that it’s cancelled, however our B2B from Amsterdam for 12 day Baltic Cruise hasn’t cancelled yet. I’m not sure but I would think it will cancel also.  Right now the schedule still shows that ship resuming cruises from Amsterdam mid May, but nothing shows the ship relocating from Tampa to Amsterdam.  I’ve looked at the schedules and frankly there’s not much to choose from right now to use the Future Cruise Credits for so not sure that refunds aren’t the better choice. 

38 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I wouldn't say the industry is in trouble but its a tough time and tough year. It will get better. If you follow Danny from Harr Travel said last week was the biggest booking week he has ever had in his career. The demand is still there for cruises. 

Yeah...he just put a video out on the FCC for both Royal & NCL.

How soon should we be expecting an e-mail from RCCL? I'm still awaiting the confirmation that they have canceled my cruise under this new decision. I've got a tough choice between the FCC and the refund with the timing of my cruise.

Or maybe someone, somewhere is just saying I shouldn't go to Canada this year. ?