FCC confusion

Hello this FCC stuff is very confusing . I understand the taxes fees and port charges are refunded to you . So you only get FCC on your base fare . Example by base fare for me was $ 1039 and my wife’s is also $1039 . So with 125% FCC would be $1299 for each of us . 

If if I want to rebook a cruise with RC using the FFC . I can’t use the FCC for the taxes fees and port charges I understand that . It’s the deposit I can’t wrap my head around . From what I have gather I have to pay the deposit not using my FCC is this correct ? Isn’t his RC getting more money from me to cruise with them ? Can anyone explain this to me ? 

2 minutes ago, Trevor G said:

Hello this FCC stuff is very confusing . I understand the taxes fees and port charges are refunded to you . So you only get FCC on your base fare . Example by base fare for me was $ 1039 and my wife’s is also $1039 . So with 125% FCC would be $1299 for each of us . 

If if I want to rebook a cruise with RC using the FFC . I can’t use the FCC for the taxes fees and port charges I understand that . It’s the deposit I can’t wrap my head around . From what I have gather I have to pay the deposit not using my FCC is this correct ? Isn’t his RC getting more money from me to cruise with them ? Can anyone explain this to me ? 

I agree, I’m also confused. We’re on a May 10th sailing and if that gets canceled I think I’m just going to get the full refund instead of the 125% fcc. It seems like if we can’t use it for the deposit and the deposit is $1000 we’ll have some credit left over if we would cruise under the same category. 

4 minutes ago, Trevor G said:

I have to pay the deposit not using my FCC is this correct ? Isn’t his RC getting more money from me to cruise with them ? Can anyone explain this to me ? 

Yes.  You can only use an FCC on an existing reservation. Therefore, the deposit must have already been made.  No, Royal is not getting additional money from you (unless the cruise fare on the “replacement “ cruise is more $$ than the original cruise, which it is, in many cases).  Your original deposit is being refunded to you as it is part of the FCC....so you are getting everything back that you put into your original cruise, one way or another.

There has been a recent change where Royal is permitting extended “holds” to be placed on cruises so that people don’t have to put deposits down, however, I’m not sure if they are changing the fact that the FCC can only be placed against an existing reservation or not.  In other words, you may still have to put down initial money (deposit) to create a booking before an FCC can be applied.  I just don’t know.

Its extremely confusing, sorry but it just is. I mean if I'm sitting down with a TA and we find a "replacement" cruise I then pay out 750 for a deposit but when we apply the FCC just a few minutes later I get the 750 deposit back because....I don't know why. It really makes no sense. My cruise hasn't been cancelled yet so I am not in all this just yet. Why the extra step or putting out a deposit I have no idea. The replacement cruise I am looking at is less than the 125% FCC we would get if our cruise is cancelled. 

57 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  You can only use an FCC on an existing reservation. Therefore, the deposit must have already been made.  No, Royal is not getting additional money from you (unless the cruise fare on the “replacement “ cruise is more $$ than the original cruise, which it is, in many cases).  Your original deposit is being refunded to you as it is part of the FCC....so you are getting everything back that you put into your original cruise, one way or another.

There has been a recent change where Royal is permitting extended “holds” to be placed on cruises so that people don’t have to put deposits down, however, I’m not sure if they are changing the fact that the FCC can only be placed against an existing reservation or not.  In other words, you may still have to put down initial money (deposit) to create a booking before an FCC can be applied.  I just don’t know.

It sure if this is correct but I read somewhere that I would have to pay the deposit to hold the cabin for rebooked cruise.  Once I apply the FCC they would refund the deposit I made for the rebooked cruise. 

Point of clarification Please? If my $10,000 sailing is cancelled and I opt for the FCC I can apply it to my $7,000 sailing previously booked, the leftover FCC remains or does it get refunded to original form of payment? Or can it be applied as an OBC to pay for gratuities etc? 

I just paid TODAY (on break from teaching my husband the floss dance, lol, very ugly but we are laughing)  my balance due on my 28 June 20 sailing, I am craving a sailing so badly but I am not cancelling, but if they do trying to understand the option. 

BTW is the cruise planner frozen? I am being serious, the prices are HIGH and have not budged. Wow!  

canale 5 dancing GIF by Isola dei Famosi

My travel agent was able to put a hold on new cruise reservations without a deposit from us until the end of May. Our April 13th cruise hasn't been canceled yet, but we wanted something in place when it almost inevitably is canceled. When it is, she will then be able to apply the FCC to our new reservations. Yay for using a travel agent to deal with the headache!!! I believe this policy was just enacted a day or two ago. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/03/21/royal-caribbean-letting-travel-agents-place-hold-cruise-reservations-through-end-of-may

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  You can only use an FCC on an existing reservation.

The most confusing thing of all is that we have people who both definitively say

"You can't use FCC on a booking/reservation you already made, it has to be a brand new booking"

and

"You can use FCC on an existing booking/reservation you already made"

I expect to find out definitively now on or about May 1....since my April cruise was cancelled, they are issuing a me 125% FCC and I plan to call to reprice my August reservation to have Prime discount applied and then apply the FCC to it ?

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@dodgestang you can most definitely use your FCC on an existing booking. I have done it twice, latest being just in December 2019 to my cancelled sailing in March.

You're right, and I see that rule listed.  I swear it used to say no.

Screenshot (7).png

Okay, I finally got connected with someone at RCCL via Twitter, and they looked into my FCC that's coming out of a cancellation I made the day after the original "Cruise With Confidence" offer came out. She said she's located my FCC and will get it to me via email in the next day or two.

Now, my question: based on what I'm reading above, am I right thinking that these "Cruise with Confidence" FCCs can't be used on a cruise that's already fully paid? I know people have said that FCCs they've gotten previously and applied toward fully-paid bookings then get refunded to their credit card as a refund due to excess payment. If I'm reading these new rules right, if I were to try to apply it to an existing, fully paid booking, the overage would just come back to me as an FCC.

Am I reading this right?

But I could use the CWC FCC on a cruise I have booked in December that's not paid in full with no problems.

Brain, officially fried.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, Trevor G said:

It is your Fare Base minus any discounts.  BOGO 50 or 60% NRD, etc.  So if you were 1039 - 239 discounts your paid base fare would be $1000 then your FCC would be based on that.  So it is you final cost after all discounts and before Gratuities, Fees, Taxes and Port Charges....   Hope this helps to explain it better...

I booked 2 Gty ocean view rooms for a 8 night cruise out of Baltimore for April 16 (through AAA). When RC cancelled the cruise, I tried to contact AAA, but no one got back to me. I opted for the 125 percent for both the FCC and the drink packages, internet and thrill water park.

On Sunday, we decided to try for a similar cruise on November 20. Monday I did a mock booking for that cruise, found 2 connecting ocean view rooms for about the same cost as the cancelled one. On Tuesday I sent the info to MEI and got a reply from Kelley saying that she could reserve the booking with no deposit until May 31. I said go ahead, and the price she got me was $70 less per room ( that includes port fees and taxes).