Matresses

I am wondering what people can say about matresses on RCL ships. Specifically Anthem. I have sailed on her before and have found the matresses to be like sleeping on a hard bench. In a word they suck. I realize this is a personal opinion of mine. What can people tell me about the upper classes? Does anyone have direct mattress to matrees compare information? I have zero interest in schlepping some funky mattress pad with me. I have stayed in balcony cabins and mini-suites (which claim to have luxury pillow top matresses and they dont. Its the same matress) 

Is there a softer sleep out there in the Star Class? I am not really looking for "how you do it" answers here. I have read most of them (towels, egg crate things, etc) on the boards here.

thanks

16 minutes ago, whenismynextcruise said:

I am wondering what people can say about matresses on RCL ships. Specifically Anthem. I have sailed on her before and have found the matresses to be like sleeping on a hard bench. In a word they suck. I realize this is a personal opinion of mine. What can people tell me about the upper classes? Does anyone have direct mattress to matrees compare information? I have zero interest in schlepping some funky mattress pad with me. I have stayed in balcony cabins and mini-suites (which claim to have luxury pillow top matresses and they dont. Its the same matress) 

Is there a softer sleep out there in the Star Class? I am not really looking for "how you do it" answers here. I have read most of them (towels, egg crate things, etc) on the boards here.

thanks

Yup Star Class has the fancy mattresses.. I agree with you the regular mattresses in all the other cabins stink. 

17 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Star Class definitely have awesome mattresses but I have had some pretty bad mattresses even in Owners Suites.  You really never know what you’re getting except with SC.

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO - from your posts on SC I was hoping you had insight actually. Sounds like it is a crap shoot on the matresses otherwise though which is what I thought ?

14 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Grand 2 BR on Liberty last Sept. was a thin, firm mattress. Grand 2 BR on Enchantment 2 months ago was an amazing cloud on which I could rest my head every night. ?‍♀️ 

Thanks!!! I was looking at a 2 BR on Anthem for Thanksgiving this year. Trying to be hopeful here. I am certainly willing to pay for a better cabin with a better matress at this point! I will look at the Enchantment sailings to see what she is offering,

1 hour ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Thanks!!! I was looking at a 2 BR on Anthem for Thanksgiving this year. Trying to be hopeful here. I am certainly willing to pay for a better cabin with a better matress at this point! I will look at the Enchantment sailings to see what she is offering,

Don't go with Enchantment for the bed.. She is an old small ship.. Do you like small ships? If not don't pick that ship

2 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Thanks @AGSLC5 I am actually not a fan of the older smaller ships anymore so thanks for that tip!

Then you definetley should Not pick Enchantment lol. Go with an Oasis Class or Quantum class ship and try to get Star Class. I really think that's the only way to get a good mattress..