eDoc/no cabin number?

Ok, our Oasis May 10th cruise might get scrapped but I just saw edocs on my cruise homepage. I mean that doesn't mean we are sailing or anything. What I noticed and I have never had a GTY balcony before but there still is no cabin number in the edocs. We were upgraded from a central park interior view/window to central park to an ocean view guarantee. I never had a GTY ocean view. Is it normal to have edocs but no cabin number? Thank you for any help. 

By the way I am more optimistic than most about when we will be cruising. I'm not sure our May 10th cruise will go off but I think June 1st is realistic. Caribbean only, and private islands where they control who passengers are in contact with. At least it will be revenue coming into the big lines. 

14 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah I'm new to the guaranteed cabin thing, never have had one before. I'm just afraid we are gonna end up in a really crappy location. I like being higher in the ship, deck 10 or higher. 

The general advice here is to not book a cabin less than you'd be happy with, and if location/deck is important then go ahead with choose your own cabin. I think I paraphrased that right. I booked a GTY balcony and got a great cabin so you really never know. Can you change to choose your own cabin? Another tidbit I've picked up is once it's assigned if you see other cabins of the same category available you can request a switch. I've not had personal experience but that's what I've read here. Good luck! The waiting for assignment brings a bit of excitement to add to the waiting! Checking the CP several times a day to see if there's a cabin assigned, and when there is QUICK! GOOGLE THE CABIN!! 

I love having a cruise booked. I hope you get a great cabin and have a fantastic cruise.

2 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

The general advice here is to not book a cabin less than you'd be happy with, and if location/deck is important then go ahead with choose your own cabin. I think I paraphrased that right. I booked a GTY balcony and got a great cabin so you really never know. Can you change to choose your own cabin? Another tidbit I've picked up is once it's assigned if you see other cabins of the same category available you can request a switch. I've not had personal experience but that's what I've read here. Good luck! The waiting for assignment brings a bit of excitement to add to the waiting! Checking the CP several times a day to see if there's a cabin assigned, and when there is QUICK! GOOGLE THE CABIN!! 

I love having a cruise booked. I hope you get a great cabin and have a fantastic cruise.

Thanks, cruise was cancelled anyway on us. We rebooked for Sept 6th Oasis and have a cabin number already. We chose a Central Park balcony. Thanks again for the insight and I think you are correct. 

Just now, RCIfan1912 said:

Thanks, cruise was cancelled anyway on us. We rebooked for Sept 6th Oasis and have a cabin number already. We chose a Central Park balcony. Thanks again for the insight and I think you are correct. 

My May was cancelled too, I feel your pain and am so glad you only have to wait till September, it's November for me. Happy cruising!

Just now, PRebecca said:

My May was cancelled too, I feel your pain and am so glad you only have to wait till September, it's November for me. Happy cruising!

Awesome! A little longer but at least we have something to look forward to. Now we need this dam virus to peak and start going down in infections and I pray deaths.