Cheers...keep it going....

1 hour ago, JimnKathy said:

That stone tile floor is amazing.

Thanks....it was a huge pain to lay...but I managed through...as noted in the NE with basements you occasionally get water....so I built it to be able to take on about 5 inch deep of complete standing water before anything really needs to be worried about.  All walls are based with pressure treated and then double stacked before insulation starts, and drywall is only above the wainscotting.  So other than the overstock rug under the table...nothing that will wick up water.

4 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

That stone tile floor is amazing.

Loving the tile floor also! Basements provide  some challenges. Temperature, moisture, expansion joints. I thought I had it all covered, tile, carpet and hardwood in the cigar lounge, since everything was dry. Until, an expected gutter issue took out the hardwood last fall.  ??

Gutter issue is fixed, LVT upcoming to get that room back in business. No cruising for another month ... time to get to work!  But first I need to reclaim all of my tools ... they are on "vacation" at our son's houses ????

Not a beverage pic, but here’s how we “got by” this morning, courtesy of our younger daughter. Not only is is she a great artist and photographer, she’s also a mean cook!

29D12CD9-E38F-4A71-B6F7-176452773277.jpeg.37bee72b60e0fb23584ccfcc1c32c20a.jpeg

Red velvet pancakes on top. Banana cinnamon chip pancakes on bottom. Both from canned mix, not scratch, but...! She added chocolate chips to the red velvet ones, made a brown sugar butter topping for the banana ones, and melted more chocolate in the double boiler for the drizzle. And put out the fruit and other things to have with them.

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Not a beverage pic, but here’s how we “got by” this morning, courtesy of our younger daughter. Not only is is she a great artist and photographer, she’s also a mean cook!

29D12CD9-E38F-4A71-B6F7-176452773277.jpeg.37bee72b60e0fb23584ccfcc1c32c20a.jpeg

Red velvet pancakes on top. Banana cinnamon chip pancakes on bottom. Both from canned mix, not scratch, but...! She added chocolate chips to the red velvet ones, made a brown sugar butter topping for the banana ones, and melted more chocolate in the double boiler for the drizzle. And put out the fruit and other things to have with them.

Good grief. Sign me up. I'm a man of indulgence, when the situation calls for it. THIS calls for it. Bravo!!! 

Day 3,462 of working from home -- March 148th (Don't buy into the notion it's actually APRIL! ?)

9 a.m., and since I'm not on a cruise ship, it's not booze time. So, to further prove that soft drinks exist on cruises -- even the dry-docked kind...

Keen observers may notice a Carnival "ship on a stick" that I won on Fantasy for being awesome at trivia. I had 2, but on my way back to my cabin one night after my second victory, a fellow passenger asked me where I got the ship on a stick, and she told me how jealous she was...so I gave her one of my two.

Also, please ignore the hint of the bag of Peanut M&Ms on my desk. You do "stay at home" your way, I'll do mine!

IMG_20200401_092111835.jpg

We started out with 32, and are down to 28.  Trying to limit our consumption to 2 bottles a week. ? 

Our rack holds 48, plus we have a smaller rack that can hold up to 12.  We used to have all full at all times, as we loved visiting wineries and going to wine events, often coming home with 6-12 bottles in our travels.  When you know they can't ship to your state, and you won't be in the area again and you really like the wine, well...you gotta buy while you can.

Over time, the wine started to bother our acid reflux, so we limited our events and wine. Now we are slowly trying to finish up out stash, some bottles date back to 2012.  Most are still tasty though!  Others, we kinda wonder what we were thinking...

I just opened my last bottle of Zinfandel. I still have plenty of beer left, but either I've got to start learning to like white wine and port (all I have left for wines) or I'll have to make another Zin run soon.

Zin is mostly what I drink at home, since I can get a really nice Old Vine variety (Bogle) for 8 or 9 bucks a bottle; less if I ever decide to buy a full case instead of my usual 4-6 bottles at a pop.

13 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I just opened my last bottle of Zinfandel. I still have plenty of beer left, but either I've got to start learning to like white wine and port (all I have left for wines) or I'll have to make another Zin run soon.

Zin is mostly what I drink at home, since I can get a really nice Old Vine variety (Bogle) for 8 or 9 bucks a bottle; less if I ever decide to buy a full case instead of my usual 4-6 bottles at a pop.

Now might be the time to pull that full case trigger!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

@JLMoran Wow, I remember Rumple Minz. Used to drink that in college because it would "do the trick" and give us minty breath!

Never tried Rumple, but during my college nights we would drink Bud Light chased down with shots of Peppermint Schnapps...thank goodness social media wasn't around back in the 80s! ?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

@JLMoran Wow, I remember Rumple Minz. Used to drink that in college because it would "do the trick" and give us minty breath!

Also drank it in college, mainly in the winter. Put a couple shots into a mug of hot cocoa and you get a Peppermint Patty. (Which is what I had pictured there)

REALLY tasty!