Cheers...keep it going....

This was the stock-up that I bought last week. Supplemented 4 more bottles of Zin back at home, plus an “in case of emergency” bottle of Rumple Minz peppermint schnapps that I can mix with hot cocoa to make Peppermint Patties. Still going strong.

26C24D0F-5F4C-45B9-8803-C9BD1972D2F8.thumb.jpeg.e83317092d3ed8f0b18b1708598c0b76.jpeg

Beers I bought were:

• Tröegs “Tröegenator” doppel bock
  • Weyerbacher “Merry Monks” tripel abbey ale (full case of that goodness!)
  • Weyerbacher “Tiny” imperial stout (just a 4-pack, getting out of stout season)

10 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Oh...that Coronoa stuff looks good...I have never seen that here in Canada yet....and even if it was it would cost like $40 probably so I probably wouldn't buy it.....but looks good!

It's pretty good and comparable to the good hard seltzers.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Oh...that Coronoa stuff looks good...I have never seen that here in Canada yet....and even if it was it would cost like $40 probably so I probably wouldn't buy it.....but looks good!

When the border opens back up, you'll have to make a seltzer run.

Doesn't have the same cachet as a beer run, but... (starts singing Bee, double E, double R, You, Enn, Beer Run)

On 3/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, Va4fam said:

Our local brewpub had a carryout special today.   Filled 2 growlers for $15!   Cheers!

I'm JUST starting to homebrew (gathering supplies)! Tired of going to fill growlers when I could do it at home! Also, working on my sourdough starter! Gonna brew with that, too!

Cheers!!

I've been doing a series of Facebook Lives within our Group for the sailing that was supposed to be on Freedom this coming Sunday.  We're all getting through the disappointment together.

This is one of the milder ones..... ?

https://www.facebook.com/coneyraven/videos/10221959327640547/

FIREBALL!!!!!

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

I'm JUST starting to homebrew (gathering supplies)! Tired of going to fill growlers when I could do it at home! Also, working on my sourdough starter! Gonna brew with that, too!

Cheers!!

My husband did this for awhile. I was so much happier when he started brewing in the garage!

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

Also, couldn't help myself, my supermarket last week ran out of eggs, bananas, chicken and my favorite crystal light but had this:

corona.jpg

My wife and I are fond of the Corona Refrescas....the Passion Fruit and Lime, and the Coconut and Lime, in particular.  Sitting on the beach, in the hot sun, with one of those?  MAN thatd be nice right about now.....

5 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

My wife and I are fond of the Corona Refrescas....the Passion Fruit and Lime, and the Coconut and Lime, in particular.  Sitting on the beach, in the hot sun, with one of those?  MAN thatd be nice right about now.....

sitting anywhere but my home would be nice right now. At least we can make the best of it and eventually will all be on those beaches. Cheers.

"

Just now, ellcee said:

sitting anywhere but my home would be nice right now. At least we can make the best of it and eventually will all be on those beaches. Cheers.

Currently sitting at my kitchen table "working from home", as my 8 year old paints and my 4 year throws legos across the room. Its 56 and rainy/cloudy outside. My cruise, in 10 days, has been canceled. My Carolina Panthers are releasing the best QB they ever had, today.  NONE of this is anything like being sick, or losing a loved one....so I do have some perspective.....but DAMN!  

All that said..... this is currently playing on my TV...... after work ill put on some swimming trunks, make myself another Mai Tai, and turn the heat up to 85.  

1 minute ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I showed the backup ??????

I Understand that (sorta) since I have my 'upstairs' rack that I made from my Grandmother's China closet that my sister was going to throw out because she didn't want it, she wanted a more modern dining room setup ?  It is.....unfortunately also mostly empty with only 4-5 bottles in it this evening ?

winerack2.jpg.cbdea0c03347b45827b2a7f08a0959d2.jpgwinerack.jpg.b95ea78963ead6e359eafec9da1fbe47.jpg

14 hours ago, dodgestang said:

I love bar photos......I've got one around here somewhere.

Found a couple ?  Done with a crappy fish eye....but you get the idea....typical North Eastern US basement bar and game room....some place to hide away during the winter months ?  Complete with pool, darts, foosball, and pinball....and a retro 70s stand behind dry bar

PH000494.JPG

PH000495.JPG

2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Found a couple ?  Done with a crappy fish eye....but you get the idea....typical North Eastern US basement bar and game room....some place to hide away during the winter months ?  Complete with pool, darts, foosball, and pinball....and a retro 70s stand behind dry bar

PH000494.JPG

PH000495.JPG

Yup....looks like a good place to make some bad decisions. 

41 minutes ago, JimnKathy said:

That stone tile floor is amazing.

And in the northeast it’s a necessity in a finished basement. I learned the hard way after partially finishing our basement years ago and getting hit with a hurricane not a month later. Mild flooding ruined the wall-to-wall carpet we had installed. ? After everything was all dried out, we did like @dodgestang and put in ceramic (not stone) tile, with an area rug over it.

And a good thing, because we got ANOTHER HURRICANE not two weeks after that was done! Rolled up the rug and got it out of the way along with elevating the furniture. We got a bit of flooding again, just had to wet vac and mop, wait for the blowers to dry the floor trim, and back in business.