Italy is in hell right now from this virus

This article just showed up as a link from a Brit YouTuber I’m subscribed to. Article published today. Italy wants the world to see what this virus is really like.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-they-call-it-the-apocalypse-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597

Key quote:

And for the record, it is NOT like flu, it is more often than not chronic pneumonia and it is killing hundreds here each day.

The head of emergency care, Dr Roberto Cosentini, says they have never seen anything like it, and he and his staff are warning other countries, especially the UK, that they will see it soon.

"It's a very severe pneumonia, and so it's a massive strain for every health system, because we see every day 50 to 60 patients who come to our emergency department with pneumonia, and most of them are so severe they need very high volumes of oxygen.

"And so we had to reorganise our emergency room and our hospital [to] three levels of intensive care."

The Papa Giovanni XXII hospital is one of the most advanced in Europe, but even this gleaming mega hospital is on its knees.

I’m not one to pray, but sending prayers to the people of Italy that they come out the other side of this soon. This is starting to look like 1918 in a scary way. Hopefully other countries see this, spread the word, and people who have thought all the instructions to stay home was just hype (I’m looking at all those college kids who decided to go to Miami Beach for spring break) will finally get it. 

@JLMoran in the beginning of all of this, when word started leaking out, and I was following a number of leaked reports out of China, it became evident to a number of medical & geneticist professional personnel, in these areas, their strong suspension, this is an engineered virus...especially when it was revealed the virus had a HIV protein enzyme attachment to it; which is not natural causing. One reason I personally wrestle with the official reporting versus the leaked reporting I was following. The HIV attachment, from my understanding, is what makes it more difficult to tackle or treat the ailment, vs a regular respiratory infection. Hence now, it's clear, the reason it was suggested to the President, to have FDA investigate & fast track the use of Chloroquine as a weapon against this virus, because of the HIV component. Remember, Chloroquine has been used effectively against "autoimmune disorders"...apparently, as well as, use of Remdesivir, an anti-viral...which together makes sense. 

Many of the leaked reports states one of the geneticist working on the virus, had an unreported accident, fearful of repercussion, violated proper containment protocols, left the facility, and infected not only some fellow coworkers; but, patrons at the wet markets, that is said to be "ground zero". Apparently facility officials knew of the seriousness the situation, reported it to local officials & military personnel; and, they quickly started rounding up persons in contact with this genetic researcher. It was sometime later, local police & military started quarantine segments of communities within a certain zone, long before the call to quarantine the whole city & neighboring cities. Word apparently didn't get out to after many Chinese citizen start to realize something more dramatically serious was happening around them, after witnessing huge number of people collapsing & dying around them...many in the middle of the street; against what state run media and local officials was telling them. Started recording scenes & reporting on media sites what was visually happening & leaking out the information to the rest of the world. If it wasn't for the good doctor, that credited, as being the 1st credible profession to come out & expose what was happening, it may have been a number of days later, if not weeks, before the world discovered what has happened in China.

So FDA Commish Hahn seriously need to fast track use of these medicines in conjunction with what ever treatments that is being provided now; and, quickly get a grasp of this pandemic. I'm sure other government are aware of the potential success of these drugs; and, may already be ahead of the curve, in using them, and can easily report/share their findings on the use of these drugs.  

51 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

@JLMoran in the beginning of all of this, when word started leaking out, and I was following a number of leaked reports out of China, it became evident to a number of medical & geneticist professional personnel, in these areas, their strong suspension, this is an engineered virus...especially when it was revealed the virus had a HIV protein enzyme attachment to it; which is not natural causing. One reason I personally wrestle with the official reporting versus the leaked reporting I was following. The HIV attachment, from my understanding, is what makes it more difficult to tackle or treat the ailment, vs a regular respiratory infection. Hence now, it's clear, the reason it was suggested to the President, to have FDA investigate & fast track the use of Chloroquine as a weapon against this virus, because of the HIV component. Remember, Chloroquine has been used effectively against "autoimmune disorders"...apparently, as well as, use of Remdesivir, an anti-viral...which together makes sense. 

Many of the leaked reports states one of the geneticist working on the virus, had an unreported accident, fearful of repercussion, violated proper containment protocols, left the facility, and infected not only some fellow coworkers; but, patrons at the wet markets, that is said to be "ground zero". Apparently facility officials knew of the seriousness the situation, reported it to local officials & military personnel; and, they quickly started rounding up persons in contact with this genetic researcher. It was sometime later, local police & military started quarantine segments of communities within a certain zone, long before the call to quarantine the whole city & neighboring cities. Word apparently didn't get out to after many Chinese citizen start to realize something more dramatically serious was happening around them, after witnessing huge number of people collapsing & dying around them...many in the middle of the street; against what state run media and local officials was telling them. Started recording scenes & reporting on media sites what was visually happening & leaking out the information to the rest of the world. If it wasn't for the good doctor, that credited, as being the 1st credible profession to come out & expose what was happening, it may have been a number of days later, if not weeks, before the world discovered what has happened in China.

So FDA Commish Hahn seriously need to fast track use of these medicines in conjunction with what ever treatments that is being provided now; and, quickly get a grasp of this pandemic. I'm sure other government are aware of the potential success of these drugs; and, may already be ahead of the curve, in using them, and can easily report/share their findings on the use of these drugs.  

I'm seeing a bunch of links right after a quick google search to say the virus was not genetically engineered.   debunking it.

yet..................... I haven't found anything from the CDC claiming like wise

@Zambia-Zaire, just want to comment on this one part:

1 hour ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

it was revealed the virus had a HIV protein enzyme attachment to it; which is not natural causing.

I will note that it has been a long time since I took my molecular bio and genetics classes back in college, and I'm certainly not a trained geneticist. But to say that an HIV protein showing up in this virus is "not naturally caused" (my rewording) may not be entirely accurate. Every pandemic virus that's hit us has come about from a spontaneous and unexpected mixing of the genetic material from multiple viruses across different animal species, including human-borne viruses. The common vector here is pigs. I don't pretend to understand why, but pigs just appear to be a natural incubator for cross-viral-species recombination that doesn't happen in any other animal.

Avian flu (H5N1) pandemic came about from bird flu viral RNA combining in a novel way with regular swine flu and, eventually, human influenza virus (allowing for the new strain to actively infect humans. The Spanish Flu of 1918 also has roots in avian / pig / human flu interactions.

Coronaviruses and HIV, like Influenza, are also RNA viruses. So it's absolutely in the realm of possibility, if not probability, that you had pigs in the wet market that were carrying HIV along with the different coronavirus strains identified so far as source material, and they recombined spontaneously into what we have with Covid-19. It's even possible that there was no HIV component in the pig, but that it one of the initial human infections was in an individual who happened to be HIV positive. Then that person could have been the source of that recombination.

Viruses and bacteria aren't like higher / more complex life forms; they reproduce completely asexually, don't have any real vulnerability to random insertions or deletions of chunks of material, and have been long-documented to very frequently pick up pieces of other virii / bacteria that get incorporated entirely by accident into their makeup.

So while a novel virus having an HIV protein in it is extremely unlikely to happen naturally, it absolutely can and I would argue that in this case, unfortunately, it has. I'm a lot more willing to accept this as an explanation than the history you relayed which, if I'm being honest, sounds a hell of a like like a variation on the opening chapter of The Stand.

btw, if it's not obvious -- I'm an avid scientist at heart, if not by profession. My current career is in web application design and programming, but my Bachelors is in biology with a concentration in molecular biology and genetics. I also put in two years at Hoffman La-Roche doing cancer research before deciding that I didn't have the temperament for a career that's defined by years of failure with only rare successes. But I still keep up with science and developments along with whatever is going on in the computer science world.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, Zambia-Zaire said:

Not sure if it is accurate, but my wife read a report yesterday indicating that the virus is not engineered, and it possibly came from or involved a virus in bats.   Something to think about.

All lies !!!!!!!!!!!

According to a guy at work who spends FARRRRRRRRRRRRR to much time on the dark web this is all a conspiracy going back as far as mankind evolved, it's all to do with JFK, Disney, Tom Hanks, Royal Family ( The list is endless )  and we will all find out the truth soon enough!!

Am i concerned about Covid - 19? not really what will be will be!

am i concerned about guy at work ? OH YEAH .......

The world has gone absolutely crazy and where and how it started should be left to the experts to work out and deal with! we should not listen to rumours or random shit on the internet that NO ONE can confirm or deny because doing so may just create more issues 

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

...my wife read a report yesterday indicating that the virus is not engineered, and it possibly came from or involved a virus in bats.   Something to think about.

This has been well established since the end of January and accepted in the scientific community.

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Not sure if it is accurate, but my wife read a report yesterday indicating that the virus is not engineered, and it possibly came from or involved a virus in bats.   Something to think about.

I think if you "close" to many of these stories recently that make that claim...are referring specifically covid-2 SARS. They know people will not discern the difference...just mention covid, & many will have a Mandela Effect, and think they are referring to covid-19.

I think if you "close" to many of these stories recently that make that claim...are referring specifically covid-2 SARS. They know people will not discern the difference...just mention covid, & many will have a Mandela Effect, and think they are referring to covid-19.

Just what "difference" do you think that people will not discern?  The correct nomenclature is SARS-CoV-2 is the virus that is currently circulating across the world.  Covid-19 is the disease that SARS-CoV-2 causes (corona virus disease 2019).  That information has been publicly available for many weeks.  The genome sequences of literally hundreds of SARS-CoV-2 isolates have also been publicly available for many weeks and it is very clear that SARS-CoV-2 is most related to a bat coronavirus, even moreso that to its human relatives, SARS-CoV-1 and MERS corona viruses.  There is no conspiracy to cover up a genetically manipulated or weaponized virus (it is a p*** poor weapon if it kills only 3% of its targets).  The information is out there if you choose to look for it.

@DDemuth many people, including many on this particular forum didn't know what the official name of the Covid-19 virus was; and, from what I read, WHO has resisted calling it Sars CoV2 for the longest...certainly, the media was not calling it that during their 23 of 24 hours of coverage, nor any of the publication or sites that I frequentn to gain a better grasp of the virus & origin, mode of transmission & infection/fatality rate, and its effect on the world, locally, the markets, cruising, given own upcoming cruises...and even now, main stream media is not calling it that, meaning many are still unaware, who daily follow & research this stuff. So let's not pretend that, that has any bearing on many other information I have shared with many on this forum...I suspect a number of members of this site was just as unaware of the actual official name until you pointed it out...not be sarcastic, I done care for the tone at the end of your post; but, I do appreciate the correction, because I may not have know the official name of the new virus for another number of days.

The correct names, distinctions, and uses were well reported when they were first announced.  However, outside of academics and researchers who actually have a need to speak correctly while they work, it is far simpler to pick one simple term and the media and the public seem to have settled on Covid-19 or coronavirus to refer to everything.  Same thing happened with Obamacare (really the Affordable Care Act or ACA), same thing with just about any topic that gets complicated.

18 hours ago, DDemuth said:

(it is a p*** poor weapon if it kills only 3% of its targets). 

Playing devil's advocate: I presume that it would depend on the real target. If it was intended to create media fueled hysteria and tank the global economy, then it was 100% effective ?

I think even playing around that it's a conspiracy is dangerous and quite frankly, stupid. I've said this before but I still don't believe the media has blown this out of proportion. I live and work in the high concentrated areas and the misinformation I've gotten was largely from social media, not the news...unless it was an official who was speaking out of turn and had to be immediately corrected.

If I may say, to clarify a misconception that may be directed towards me, because of a description I gave, from a number of leaked reports/information....I personally am not promoting any "Conspiracy" about this virus, this is not the case...one poster is insinuate this in his/her opinion. I always been very concern about the potential of this virus permeating across the globe; and, one of the 1st, with the likes of monctonguy & 1or2 others, saying on this platform, how serious this virus appear...when many others was discounting this as a "conspiracy" to ruin the cruise industry, at the time, the first story broke of this virus from Wuhan. Make note early on, I express my uncertainty in weighing the official statements vs leaked information, and some variation in between. The description posted above was my account of the events that was leaked out from professionals close to the situation like the fame Chinese doctor that is no longer with us and regular citizens posting or streaming video of people collapsing in the street with local police cording off areas around the victim & blocking recording....real incidents, that have occurred. So analyzing all the info from all sources, plus video, medical publications...imho, I interpret a number of truth coming out of those initial leaked reports and partial or "not complete" information coming from official statements...my feeling all info is not being shared or discern entirely, with the world....for whatever reason good or bad....to keep hysteria to a minimum for an example, or what. On the official end, it appear we are getting what we need to know, to encourage slowing the aggression of the virus. I put out some numbers about a week ago, on another thread that shows the percentage of infection & fatality, that seem to back many in this blog, that this being overly hyped & sensationalized, trying to show both sides of the argument, using official numbers from the WHO "Sick Chart". I even posted, some time ago, a link to Taiman News, their national publication, an Associated Press Member. I don't follow conspiracy theories...I make a honest attempt to read & comprehend, try to discern & analyze, and form a valid opinion & share...just think this need to be clarified.

One of the problems I see in the Scientific community is that you can't believe them anymore.  If a guy can get Government funding because he says it was caused by bats, then he can get more Government funding to say it was caused by pigs and an HIV positive human in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Then he can get more Government funding to say the combination was actually engineered purposely.

The best example of this is global warming... err climate change.  It's all based on modeling.  The guy with the biggest hockey stick gets all the money.  The fact that the weather don't come anywhere near what the hockey stick says just means the stick is longer and more angled than was previously thought.  We need more money to properly research this but we better change the name to climate change since the reality isn't warming.

Makes it hard to believe anything... even if you see it with your own eyes sometimes. 

6 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Well done video...little humor; but, a general informative tool for basic overall understanding how scientist reach their general conclusions, with what we're facing today.

Watch "COVID-19 Is Just The Beginning. Here's Why. | Answers With Joe" on YouTube https://youtu.be/AbKMNpYBCTc

Pretty sure most on here would rather watch videos of RC cruiseships as this is what the forum is meant to be about.

And im sure people log on here to get AWAY from whats going on with the virus, yet are constantly reminded, what next ? A live blog on a B2B isolation? 

Lets get up our favourite cruise pics, funniest stories etc FUN STUFF not DOOM and GLOOM 

Well, there is no cruises going at the moment; and why is that...because of this situation we all face, real or not. Its healthy to discuss where we're at currently....ignoring it, like many did in the beginning...where did that take you?

Anyway, I'm not sure what you looking at on these board; but, approximately a third of the topics on this blog "lately" if not more is dealing, in one way or another, on this unfortunate topic....I certainly didn't create this thread...I'm participating in the topic that is presented, no different than others a participate in. 

Well, there is no cruises going at the moment; and why is that...because of this situation we all face, real or not. Every TV channel, every radio station 24hrs a day it's ALL we hear about..this is for some an escape  

Its healthy to discuss where we're at currently....ignoring it, like many did in the beginning...where did that take you? WHO said i ignored it? i just dont talk about it 24/7 because in all honesty it gets boring and as i have said " what will be will be" I can only ( and have ) followed UK Government instruction, if im struck down so be it, if its a choice between me and a youngster for the last ventilator then the youngster gets it. 

Anyway, I'm not sure what you looking at on these board; but, approximately a third of the topics on this blog "lately" if not more is dealing, in one way or another, on this unfortunate topic....I certainly didn't create this thread...I'm participating in the topic that is presented, no different than others a participate in.  yes you are correct but everyone else is asking CRUISE RELATED QUESTIONS, they are not talking about leaked Chinese reports etc!!!!! THATS the difference others are asking for help with regards FCC etc for cancelled cruises due to the virus, 

I only talked about a leak report, once in this thread...there are more people discussing these things besides just me, ...it's on a number of people minds, as all of our lives are effected; and, it's not the only thing I have discussed here, btw....you just choose to point this out, I suspect, because you don't know how to disagree apparently. It's all just a discussing & sharing of information dude. Chill...it will all be over April 11th.