FCC Question -- Next cruise has Kid Sail Free promotion. How does the FCC work?

Hello,

I know lots of questions about FCC were asked here, but I could not find a similar one like mine. Thanks for your help in advance!

According to my understanding, the FCC is issued for EACH guest, not for a family (please correct me if there is misunderstanding).

Assuming the FCC received for each guest in my family is:
Adult 1: $1500
Adult 2: $1500
Kid: $700

That is, the total FCC for my family is $3700.

As indicated, the future cruise that I select has kids sail free promotion. The summary shows:

3 Guests        $7,697.00
Free Kids NRD  -$2,827.00
Subtotal:    $4,870.00
Taxes & Fees:  $255.00
Total For Room (after discounts): $5,125.00

I click the "Pricing by Guest", it shows:

Guest 1
Taxes & Fees $85.00
Cruise Fare $3,479.00

Guest 2
Taxes & Fees $85.00
Cruise Fare $3,479.00

Guest 3
Taxes & Fees $85.00
Cruise Fare $739.00

Discounts & Credits
Free Kids NRD $2,827.00

Average cost per person
$1,708.33

========
I try to understand how the FCC will be used in this situation. 

1) Will the FCC $3700 be used to against the total cruise fare $4870?
2) Or will the FCC for each guest be used to against the cruise fare for each guest? However, in this situation, "Kid sail free" promotion makes the cruise fare for each guest is unclear. Can somebody help me to understand how it works? 

Thanks a lot!!

The FCC is used for the cruise fare portion of each individual guest. KSF is an awesome promo, except in times like this where you are trying to use a FCC. Because the kids are not paying a cruise fare, you will not be able to use/apply their FCCs to any sailing that involves KSF. You will only be able to apply the FCC to those who are paying a cruise fare.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The FCC is used for the cruise fare portion of each individual guest. KSF is an awesome promo, except in times like this where you are trying to use a FCC. Because the kids are not paying a cruise fare, you will not be able to use/apply their FCCs to any sailing that involves KSF. You will only be able to apply the FCC to those who are paying a cruise fare.

Thanks for such quick and helpful answer. 

In the example I put above, I know I cannot apply my kid's FCC because "kid sail free". So how much is two adults' cruise fare in above example? It's obviously not $3479 for each, but how much is it?

51 minutes ago, aberfoylespring said:

In the example I put above, I know I cannot apply my kid's FCC because "kid sail free". So how much is two adults' cruise fare in above example? It's obviously not $3479 for each, but how much is it?

Look at your invoice from the cancelled sailing.  The FCC should be issued exactly as it is on the invoice.  So whatever the amount was for Passenger 1, that will be the amount of the FCC.  Whatever the amount was for Passenger 2, that will be the amount of the FCC for that person, etc. (not counting taxes and fees of course, just the cruise fare portion).

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Look at your invoice from the cancelled sailing.  The FCC should be issued exactly as it is on the invoice.  So whatever the amount was for Passenger 1, that will be the amount of the FCC.  Whatever the amount was for Passenger 2, that will be the amount of the FCC for that person, etc. (not counting taxes and fees of course, just the cruise fare portion).

Thanks. I know how much the FCC is. My question is, in my next cruise, how much is each adult.guest's cruise fare, after the kid sail free promotion?  

8 minutes ago, aberfoylespring said:

Thanks. I know how much the FCC is. My question is, in my next cruise, how much is each adult.guest's cruise fare, after the kid sail free promotion?  

If you do a mock booking online, it  should show you the breakdown on the final screen.

*edit...I see what you mean now about the funny math. I am not 100% clear on how they break it down either but basically, you can apply your FCC for the adults and you will have to save the kids for another time.