Start date quesses

Marlena

@Crazycruiser50 This is possible but has no bearings on all of the cruises schedule. It could be they foresee the industry starting back in May or June and these particular workers contracts ended during this time ...thus they start back in August.

I think COVID will need at least 60 days to run its course. Maybe another few weeks after to get things to a new normal.

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Crazycruiser50 This is possible but has no bearings on all of the cruises schedule. It could be they foresee the industry starting back in May or June and these particular workers contracts ended during this time ...thus they start back in August.

I think COVID will need at least 60 days to run its course. Maybe another few weeks after to get things to a new normal.

This is gonna be a truly sucky few months! Man its all so depressing.

06 June 2020 the first Saturday of the month.

We are not cancelling our 28 June 2020 so if RCCL cancels we will take the 125% FCC and apply to the Thanksgiving sailing. Just saw DCL pushed final payments for their summer sailings back 30 days. I wonder if RCCL is considering this? My balance is due at the end of this month, I guess we will see. (Always pay balance last possible moment, nothing worse then the feeling of missing a price drop because you paid the balance early.)

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

No, they just got back on board in the beginning of Feb.  We talk on messenger all the time.  I just don’t want to throw his name or ship out there.  

@Crazycruiser50 Well that sucks if that is the case. I cannot travel during the summer so my next cruise is in October. I highly doubt, if available, most cruise lines will not start as soon as they can. It could be ship and itinerary related as August is almost 6 months away....I cannot fathom that cruising would be able to survive that long without any sailings. I won't be delusional and say April but I also won't be pessimistic and say July either.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

We are not cancelling our 28 June 2020 so if RCCL cancels we will take the 125% FCC and apply to the Thanksgiving sailing. Just saw DCL pushed final payments for their summer sailings back 30 days. I wonder if RCCL is considering this? My balance is due at the end of this month, I guess we will see. (Always pay balance last possible moment, nothing worse then the feeling of missing a price drop because you paid the balance early.)

June 6th is the start of our 14 night B2B on Grandeur. Bermuda and Canada and New England. Really don't want to have to miss a second cruise this year.

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Crazycruiser50 Well that sucks if that is the case. I cannot travel during the summer so my next cruise is in October. I highly doubt, if available, most cruise lines will not start as soon as they can. It could be ship and itinerary related as August is almost 6 months away....I cannot fathom that cruising would be able to survive that long without any sailings. I won't be delusional and say April but I also won't be pessimistic and say July either.

August is 4 months away, but it makes sense to send crew members home and not pay for food and supplies while receiving no income.  What does Royal have now a days? 26 ships?  Average 1500 crew per ship.  That’s 39,000 mouths to feed out of their pocket.  Might as well send them home and call them back when things appear to be recovering.  I am sad about it, but I am also hoping to be able to feed my family next week too.  None of us could have planned for this.  It is just a reminder of how fragile this life is.  Enjoy every moment you can!  

If they are expecting to be down for 3 months, I can see the logic and it confirms that they do not believe they will be cruising in April or even May. There is just no way you are getting a full crew back on board on 26 ships by the 1st of May. There is also the possibility that not all will come back and I would be surprised if they would be fully staffed. I think we will likely see a staggered approach when they start. 10 ships to begin with etc..

it seems it takes about 2 mths to peek and then drop off based on what we have seen so far.....so that would be about mid May.....then a few more weeks before they start to relax some rules....that's early June.....start up probably July then...….that makes the most sense if the outbreak here follows what seems to be the trend so far

Looking like that cruise in May to Bermuda I was hoping to take to replace the cruise in April I am going to lose wont happen either now....

My bet will be June 15th, maybe June1st.  If we follow China's dates.  It was 4 months until they finally did not register 1 new case.  It really is going to depend on how Americans behave in the next few weeks.  If people stay at home and follow social distancing than it could be earlier.  If people keep acting like this is not "real" than it would be longer.

I think your 1st idea of how soon they will be back will come from Vegas.  Not talking betting, but when they start opening their hotels again.  

Remember there is for many cruisers a 2nd factor....flying to the port.  The airline industry is cancelling many flights.

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That was the one sailing I got the $18/day package on! Another reason I don’t want to lose that sailing.

Ditto.  Lost the cheap DDP on our March cruise.  Have it for our 4 night in August (which includes 2x CoCo Cay)...May lose the cheap package on that one too.

12 hours ago, Neesa said:

14 hours ago, Marlena said:

I'm certainly not trying to start a fight, but I'm interested at when people think we are likely to be able to resume cruise vacations?? ( and please everyone remember this is just peoples opinions or guesses....stay nice! Lol)

I just received an e-mail that Qantas is suspending flights until at least May 20, so I don't expect cruises in the South Pacific or Australia until July-August.  Just a guess.  As for the US, I expect cruising to restart by Labor Day.  The issue in starting earlier would be the unwillingness of ports to allow visitors.  Sadly, I believe much of Europe will be down until next year.  Maybe Greece will be OK?