Refunds

TonyK

40 minutes ago, Kcusack89 said:

I'm sorry for those that canceled under cruise with confidence and just got a FCC....but you knew you were only getting a FCC when you canceled so why would you expect a refund the next day or days later when royal did cancel?

Just playing devil's advocate here. I get it's frustrating

The reason why it's so frustrating was that some of us did not cancel out and waited until they canceled our cruise. At that point, we were promised a full refund if we wanted it. RCC should have sen this coming and been prepared. Instead, after over 90 days of waiting, all they can do is give that BS line that they sent your claim to accounting to be expedited and then give you an ETA of 2 weeks which must be on their scripts. 

• 8 months later...

My cruise on the Independence coming up this June was cancelled almost a month ago. I just made my third call over that time frame trying to get a refund processed. The first two calls, I was told to call back in a week to verify my request had been approved. Today I was told the same thing. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told it could take another thirty days minimum. What a ridiculous way to treat your loyal customers. I will never book another Royal cruise until I see that refund, and I may not book even after I see it. Do you want to survive? Then stop treating your customers like they are garbage.

26 minutes ago, Unhappy Cruiser said:

My cruise on the Independence coming up this June was cancelled almost a month ago. I just made my third call over that time frame trying to get a refund processed. The first two calls, I was told to call back in a week to verify my request had been approved. Today I was told the same thing. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told it could take another thirty days minimum. What a ridiculous way to treat your loyal customers. I will never book another Royal cruise until I see that refund, and I may not book even after I see it. Do you want to survive? Then stop treating your customers like they are garbage.

Contact you credit card company and discuss options with them for a chargeback.

FWIW my May and June cancellations were processed within a few weeks but if there is FCC involved it does extend the time frame since it becomes a manual process.

7 minutes ago, 12thman said:

How long are Cruise Planner refunds taking right now? Couple years ago was getting it the same day or next day it's been 5 days so I'm guessing it'll be a while?

When I cancel a CP purchase it's recently been 6-7 days for Visa, 5-6 days using Amex.

Unless I leave my CP purchases as is when a cruise is cancelled by Royal.  In that case CP purchases take longer for them to process.  

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

When I cancel a CP purchase it's recently been 6-7 days for Visa, 5-6 days using Amex.

Unless I leave my CP purchases as is when a cruise is cancelled by Royal.  In that case CP purchases take longer for them to process.  

Okay, thanks! I'll wait a bit longer before calling to find out what's going on.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Maybe cancelling on a weekend induces a day penalty so give it a few days, they'll get to it.  

Did it when the CP sale started don't remember what day that was last week? Hopefully it's not like everyone trying to get their refund for a cruise or FCC.

15 hours ago, 12thman said:

How long are Cruise Planner refunds taking right now? Couple years ago was getting it the same day or next day it's been 5 days so I'm guessing it'll be a while?

I got my last cruise planner refunds back (that I canceled about 6 weeks ago) less than 10 days after I canceled them.

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I got my last cruise planner refunds back (that I canceled about 6 weeks ago) less than 10 days after I canceled them.

Seems there's logic to when you will get your refund. Hopefully mine will be soon. Makes it harder to buy when the sales come around and your still waiting for a refund from previous purchase.

Got some more refunds today, well yesterday really.  Notice came today but they actually posted to my credit card yesterday.

Cancelled a cruise planner purchase on 4/22/21, refund posted 5/4/21.

Cancelled a refundable booking on 4/28/21, refund posted 5/4/21.

For my latest glocal suspension June cruises that were cancelled by Royal I requested refund on 4/12/21 and the refunds posted on 4/19/21.  That was nearly $8,000 between two cancelled in June.   Thanks CDC, for nothing.