Refunds

TonyK

Okay..i noticed today that RCL refunded what i assume is our port fees and taxes back to the credit card and the amount is different that what was actually listed on the invoice. We paid $198.38 pp total of $396.76 and $403.88 went back to the account. We selected the FCC and are currently still waiting for that certificate to show up.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:40 AM, CruzOnBye said:

Hey! Have you received anything yet? Mine said 05/14 as well, but no emails. Just curious. My final payment on my rebooked cruise is due Monday so i'm like....antsy LOL.

Yes I Have Got Some Money Before This Note. But I Guess It Was Not The Full 125% Of My Credit.  

35 minutes ago, MDB said:

Let's face it, RCCL is totally unaware of what they are doing and try to drag out refunds to keep the money for RCCL.  A thief never wants to return stolen property!

While it is true that Royal is in uncharted waters and navigating in the dark without radar it seems a stretch to label them a thief. 

If they don't do this right the company may not survive and all of their remaining office workforce is working from home like the rest of us.   

As a result I am affording them an abundance of patience.  They have always come through for me in the past and so far have come through for me during the pandemic albeit at a slower pace.  They've treated me better than one airline in particular who has received bailout money yet still screwed me over. 

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a full refund for our cruise fare and cruise planner purchases in less than 30 days.  Hopefully Royal is getting the whole refund process straightened out.  

-Our cruise was for 5/24/20

-Royal cancelled our cruise on 4/16/20

-I requested a full refund for our cruise fare and cruise planner purchases on 4/16/20

-Received full refund on 5/14/20

Thanks Royal!!  We are now counting down the days until our next cruise. 

I was notified yesterday that our cruise was cancelled from the company that we booked through, ?  there worst that Royal for notification, along with that they sent me a link to determine which course of action that i wanted to take.  Upon opening it, it gave me two options to choose from, 125% or reimbursements for the cruise.  I have already received what i assume is my port fee's and taxes from RCL? ?‍♂️ The link also stated that it would be up to 90 days for processing.  Oh boy, once all our cruises are done with them...they will be history!

Another data point...

Cancelled a fully refundable 2021 booking on May 11.  $450 deposit refund posted to my credit card May 21.  Business as usual the refund came in the form of three line items of various amounts that sum to $450.  

I've been meaning to cancel this one for a while even before the virus.  I would have applied this towards another reservation but that wasn't an option.   

'Please note, requests are processed in the order they’re received, so this may not be the same day you submit the online form.'  Can't believe they have the audacity to actually send this to people.  Still waiting for a refund that I requested on March 26.   I requested first of my travel group but they all received their refunds three weeks ago.  Only difference is I had a quad because i have two children, the rest were doubles.  As for any sympathy about all the refunds they have to process and not being used to doing it... Ticketmaster is in the exact same situation with way higher volume but seem to be pumping them out within 14 days.  Extremely frustrated and disappointed.

Finally received the first "partial" refund of our March cruise. As others posted, the amounts which were refunded in two separate charge backs do not line up with any of the purchased items. They come close within a couple of dollars but no match (We are not eligible for FCC on any of our cruises). This cruise was booked through our TA who told us we did not have to do anything and Royal would take care of it. I called Royal May 8th because the cruise still showed up on our "Past" cruises portfolio. The agent I talked to was very nice but informed me that the cruise was not actually cancelled until May 6th, the date of the big letter/email distribution where Royal stated that if you had not cancelled your cruise they would be on that date. Now we are starting to receive the refunds. On this latest round of cancellations we had two additional cruises affected, one we booked direct and the other through our TA. We called Royal on May 20th as soon as we received the news of the delayed reopening and cancelled the cruise we booked direct. As of this morning it no longer shows in our portfolio and I suspect we will see the refunds sooner for that one than the other one. If the second booking still shows late next week I will call Royal and see if it has been cancelled. Then we can start the countdown on when can expect the refund for that one.

Have no issues with Royal and the delayed refunds as they have an enormous number of refunds to process and the refund number to processors ratio is probably in the high double or even triple digits. We have another cruise booked in November and looking at booking another this fall once we see that there will actually be cruises operating (really do not want more money to be tied up until we receive some back). Looking forward to that one and will be going on many more in the future. Just will be monitoring our bookings direct from now on to make sure they are all aligned with our expectations.

STILL WAITING FOR THE REST OF MY REFUND RELATED TO MY 3/15 SAILING ON THE OASIS!  Sorry for all the CAPS, and for those who think it was towards anyone on this blog your wrong, it just made me feel better this morning!   lol

And not one penny from the 3/22 cruise.  Maybe Royal looks at this blog and know who are the most frustrated ones and says  " let not refund their money until the very last moment"  HAHA

Yesterday I got less than 1/4 of one  of  my March refunds. Also did not receive either of my FCCs promised for yesterday...  Decided to call. Agent was adamant that March was paid in full, until I had him look over details. On the FCC's he sent a request as to what the problems was there. Told me to call back in a week??? I then ripped into him about the one booking I couldn't make  in timely fashion because they are sitting on all my money... He said when it all straightens out and they will "work" with me... Not sure what thats supposed to mean. All three cruises I was interested in picking two went up almost double!

I have never had any desire to contact an investigative reporter from a local news source, but the lack of respect from Royal has pushed many of us to think in different ways!  In my opinion, once this horrible virus is at bay, I wish the government will look into these companies who withheld refunds back to the consumers, including the airlines!  Something should be put into place and on record on how long they have to for refunds to be back into consumers accounts.

And you have every right to give an opinion on these statements, I really don't want to hear anymore excuses.  

At this point in time it has NOTHING to do about the money, as I have booked future cruises, it's more about the principle of the situation!

I understand the frustration that is being caused by all of this but I'm not sure how much action you'll get seeking governments to look into it.  

Tens of millions unemployed, 100k dead so far.  Companies are disappearing and others filing for bankruptcy.  "I didn't get my refund in a timely manner and I don't like how they handled the situation" during the worst event in modern time on a global scale that impacts the entire world's population may not yield a quick response from your government. 

First of all let me copy and paste a part of my post "once this horrible virus is at bay" so once this all passes, something needs to be done in my opinion. 

Please don't make it sound like I would want the government to work on this immediately. 

We are still waiting for our 3/14 cruise refunds on both cruise fare and all cruise planner purchases. Total amount owed to us is $8200. Have not received a cent yet. Official cancellation was done on 3/15 so I have lost count of how many days it has been waiting for our refund. I understand that this is a tremendous task to refund millions, but when people are posting that they have had their refunds processed and received on bookings for April, May, June etc and we are still waiting.

Have made contact with RCCL reps and have been told on numerous occasions - ït is being processed". Please sort the system out and refund people in a timely and ordered manner.

Don't mean to rant but needed to vent to somebody.

We are regular cruisers and have always been Loyal to Royal. Have another cruise booked for 4/12 2020 from Sydney AUS, just praying that this one sails.

I submitted for my refund on April 11th and have not gotten it. That is more than 45 days.  You should not be able to hold thousands of my dollars hostage and to make matters worse I only get a standard auto reply when I try to contact.  This is not ok. 

5/24 Harmony cancelled by RCL on 4/16, received most of my refund 5/13 and 5/14.  Still waiting on $1000 even deposit(?) on one card and +/- $1200 on the other card I used.  Although we are still owed these amounts it seems we are on the better end when reading these refund threads.  When Royal announced the cancellation I immediately called our TA and she pushed the refund form through for me while I was on the phone and confirmed it was accepted maybe that helped not sure...

Yesterday, we received our FCC's for the cancelled May 16 Majesty sailing.  The cruise officially cancelled on the day it was to return to port (23 May) so that means we received the FCC's 4 days after the official cancellation of the cruise.  I have seen nothing of any cash refunds (taxes, ports fees and gratuities)  or 125% FCC for cruise planner purchases.  Not expecting those for a while.

The good news is, we received $32 more in the FCC's than I expected.  WOOHOO !!  We each received identical FCC's but that was expected as our cruise fares were identical....they just happened to be $16 more, each, than I thought they would be.

• 5 weeks later...
On April 1, 2020 at 1:45 PM, MikaelaJ said:

This is the same thing that happened to me but I cancelled on March 11 after a manager told me that there was no way that they would be canceling so I could not get my money back no matter what.  We canceled, then two days later we got the email saying that we could get on and get a full refund, so we filled out the online link, it said everything was checked out and now they are saying that it wasn't meant for us and since we canceled two days before, there is no refund for us to get.  Could I please be added to be a part of this class action lawsuit?

Have you gotten any info on the class action suit? Same situation in the month of May.

• 2 weeks later...

We cancelled our cruise before final payment due to coronavirus a week before it was cancelled by rcc . They told me I would get my non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 back as a FCC which was fine with me.I booked a cruise with RCC. which the are holding until I get my deposit to put towards it. I have until Aug.15 th hope it arrives on time.

• 2 weeks later...

Odyssey cruises cancelled from the construction delay are starting to refund.  

I had the first four booked and two of them have refunded the deposit.  I told my agency what to do on July 5 and they started refunding on July 14.  I had cancelled a cruise planner item for one of them on June 27.  It refunded to my card July 3rd.  

I know some folks from early on faced long refund times but it seems like they are getting a lot better lately.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Carol Tucker said:

I have been waiting since April for my refund and Royal Caribbean refuse to talk to me and keep making excuses to my travel agent. So you have my money l want it back and find it very rude you won't show any respect and talk to me

This is a fan board and Royal Caribbean doesn't monitor it.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:54 PM, Tal said:

Ok I realized the difference in my situation is my cruise was not cancelled by the cruiseline.  I cancelled my cruise.  I still have not received my refund.  I am still trying to figure out how long the process is taking.

Hi-I also canceled on Mar 11 and was told I could only receive credit. Did you ever receive a refund ?

On 3/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, Carl Vitanza said:

RE: Liberty of Sea Cruise March 15, 2020

RCC cancelled my cruise on March 13. I was proactive watching cruises being cancelled all around the world at that time and cancelled my cruise on March 12 - one day before RCC cancelled the cruise themselves. I was given 100% FCC on March 12. RCC offered me 125% FCC or 100% cash refund on March 13 email. I went online and took the 100% cash refund. RCC has stiffed me on that offer. RCC admitted to me over the phone 2 days ago that they ignored my online request for 100% cash refund. RCC customer service person also admitted that they never told passengers that RCC would ignore March 13 offers for passengers who cancelled one day prior. Totally wrong ! Bottom line is that I was penalized for paying attention and cancelling one day before RCC cancelled the cruise themselves. I'm done with RCC. Many folks in same situation and I'm signing up for class action suit being formulated now.  

Same here! Please share any info on updates you have. I canceled mar 11 and am entitled to a credit even though I applied for a refund when I received the email from RC