Refunds

TonyK

11 minutes ago, Chris Capson said:

I think that Royal Caribbean is playing a bit of a game on when something is "cancelled". They want to hold onto the money as long as they can i am sure.

I got an email from Royal Caribbean on March 13th that my March 14th cruise on Rhapsody was cancelled.

Dates:

March 13th - RCCL cancelled my March 14th cruise

April 6th - FCC email from Royal Caribbean with each of my FCC#s

April 14th - received email saying my cruise Planner items were cancelled

I still haven't received any refund for Cruise Planner purchases, my upgrade payment (Won bidding upgrade), Ports and Taxes.

So far only received the FCC. I would have though when they say 30 days it would have been 30 days after March 13th, but obviously not. Does it start now 30 days after Cruise Planner items were cancelled?

I don't received any email at all.

15 minutes ago, Newtorc said:

I canceled on March 13 and was told yesterday it would be another 30-45 days. I’ve contacted my card company and they are dealing with them now. 

Did you request a 100% cash refund?

Wondering if it is different for you because of that. I haven't been told that it will be that long but I'm just wanting my port fees and stuff refunded.

4 minutes ago, Maggie K said:

I don't received any email at all.

I cancelled on 3/10 for a 3/12 Cruise.  I received a confirmation of the cancellation of my Cruise Planner purchases on 3/11, but, haven't received the money back to my account.  I have NOT received anything regarding my FCC.  RCCL told me that it was officially processed my cancellation on 3/21...   waiting....

3 hours ago, LaRo said:

I just looked at this thread. We were to sail on the Anthem March 29. We paid for 4 cabin last. They canceled all cruising two weeks prior. I filled out their form to get the 100% refund on March 13. Two weeks later I went through Costco and they did it for me again. It is now April 22 and we have not received any refund. It will be 30 days on April 28 but we are getting nervous. Has anyone gotten their refund yet??

Nope nothing not even Cruise Planner purchase. We called and cancelled on March 14. 

1 minute ago, Maggie K said:

Nope nothing not even Cruise Planner purchase. We called and cancelled on March 14. 

You aren't alone. Me either. Haven't received my FCC either.

I am calling today and if they give me the run-around I'm disputing all charges from Royal Caribbean with my credit card company. This is ridiculous. They have held my money long enough and I have emails from them stating when refunds would be processed. 

Good Morning,

I am so glad that others are voicing their problems with refunds.  I believe it's a major problem that Royal has us by the b _ _ _ _!  I was being good with not spelling it out!  LOL

And can someone confirm this statement "I believe only ONE, 1 , UNO, person has indicated on this thread they received a refund".  Thanks

29 minutes ago, Snotarni said:

I cancelled on 3/10 for a 3/12 Cruise.  I received a confirmation of the cancellation of my Cruise Planner purchases on 3/11, but, haven't received the money back to my account.  I have NOT received anything regarding my FCC.  RCCL told me that it was officially processed my cancellation on 3/21...   waiting....

We called on March 14 to cancelled and told them we want the 100% refund.

March 26, 2020 We called again to check. Told us take up to 30 days.

April 7, 2020 We called, they said they finally got the approved code for the Cruise Planner purchase refund. It will take a few weeks to credit back to your credit card.

April 14, 2020 We called again for the actual cruise ship money. They said they have not approve yet. It might take another 30 days. OMG 

April 22, 2020 We called again. They still have not approve the cruise ship money yet. And we still not received the Cruise Planner purchase money. They said the Cruise Ship money will take another 30 days because they just resubmitted it. Don't know what happen to the last one.  The Cruise Planner money should be refund to our credit card sometime next week.

10 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

You aren't alone. Me either. Haven't received my FCC either.

I am calling today and if they give me the run-around I'm disputing all charges from Royal Caribbean with my credit card company. This is ridiculous. They have held my money long enough and I have emails from them stating when refunds would be processed. 

I agreed.

49 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

Did you request a 100% cash refund?

Wondering if it is different for you because of that. I haven't been told that it will be that long but I'm just wanting my port fees and stuff refunded.

Yes. I requested a 100% cash refund on March 13 

2 hours ago, GlassSlipper said:

Was it 30 days from your cruise, 30 days from the refund request, 30 days from when it was processed by RC?  Also 30 business days or 30 total days.  I’ve been told different things from RC as many others.  Just trying to gage the correct timeframe.  

Cancelled 3 refundable future cruises on March 18.  Deposit refunds posted so I could see them in my account starting on April 20.  

Still pending is a cruise cancelled by Royal.  That cruise is "currently mid-cruise, ending in 2 days".   Based on the 30 day (calendar) clock from time cancellation was processed that is due early next week.  Time will tell.   

I got confirmation of my cancellation through Costco on 3/13, unfortunately about 4 hours before they announced the suspension.  I cancelled my cruise planner purchases in the system a few hours prior to cancelling, so that money came back.  Probably still wouldn’t have that if I hadn’t cancelled in the system.  Still waiting for Cruise with Confidence FCC.  Sailing was Mon 3/16 on the Navigator.

1 hour ago, gatorskin76 said:

I got confirmation of my cancellation through Costco on 3/13, unfortunately about 4 hours before they announced the suspension.  I cancelled my cruise planner purchases in the system a few hours prior to cancelling, so that money came back.  Probably still wouldn’t have that if I hadn’t cancelled in the system.  Still waiting for Cruise with Confidence FCC.  Sailing was Mon 3/16 on the Navigator.

Have you received taxes and other fee's that should have been credited back to you for the 3/15 cruise?

10 hours ago, Brian Duncanson said:

At the end of the day its all about keeping your word, on dates for refunds!!!if they do not keep to what they promised with the last four phone calls ,we will also start chargeback to cc, time spent on the phone ,and no reply to emails does not make for a happy situation ,like i said just keep to your word RCCI

Exactly! 

2 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

I am so glad that others are voicing their problems with refunds.  I believe it's a major problem that Royal has us by the b _ _ _ _!  I was being good with not spelling it out!  LOL

And can someone confirm this statement "I believe only ONE, 1 , UNO, person has indicated on this thread they received a refund".  Thanks

I received a partially refund for our meal package...a drop in the bucket.

Spoke with them on Monday and was told the refund was initiated on Sunday and the money should be back in my account in 2-4 days.  Today is day 3 (or day 2 using business days) and I have yet to see an additional dime in my account.  I'm not holding out hope that I'll see the money this week.  The agents are so overwhelmed at this point that they are saying whatever it takes to get the annoyed customer off the phone.  I'm not saying its right, but I don't necessarily blame the rank and file worker - I blame management for this colossal mess!  

FWIW, my official cancellation dated was 3/19.

I applied a FCC on an upcoming cruise in November 2020. All was well and I was told that I would receive a refund of $676. The cruise vacation receipt before FCC was: 

Cruise Fare    2286.00      Gratuities  406.00     Taxes/Fees  265.10    Total Charge  2957.10    Amount Paid  1657.10      Balamce Due 1300.00

After a $1976 FCC was applied it was:

Cruise Fare     310.00      Gratuities  406.00     Taxes/Fees  265.10    Total Charge      981.10    Amount Paid  1657.10      Balamce Due    0.00      Refund $676

Two weeks later:

Cruise Fare     310.00      Gratuities  406.00     Taxes/Fees  265.10    Total Charge      981.10    Amount Paid   709.22       Balamce Due   271.88

Yesterday it was:

Cruise Fare     310.00      Gratuities  406.00     Taxes/Fees  265.10    Total Charge      981.10    Amount Paid   410.38       Balamce Due   570.72

Can anyone explain where these numbers are coming from???   Why do I owe anything???   Where is my $676 refund???   Why wasn't the FCC itemized???

UPDATE: Today (4/22/20) the cruise vacation receipt says:

Cruise Fare     310.00      Gratuities  406.00     Taxes/Fees  265.10    Total Charge      981.10    Amount Paid   568.38       Balamce Due   412.72

So now I have paid $158 more and the balance due is less.  That amount is the refund for the CoCo Beach Club - Full Day Pass that I cancelled to take advantage of the lower price on the cruise planner sale.  Since when are the cruise planner purchase refunds processed as part of the payments on the Cruise Fare??

Ok I can understand everybody’s frustration here. I personally am waiting for around $7000.00 refund to my credit card. I had two cabins on a May 2nd cruise. On the other hand nobody saw this coming. And yes the poor guy on the end of the phone probably doesn’t have all the info he needs from management . And yes Royal Caribbean at some point needs to be more transparent and communicate better with its customers. So personally I’ll wait patiently for all my refunds for a while yet . I also am waiting for my %125 OBC refund . And yes I have already booked a cruise in Oct on Symphony. 

47 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

So personally I’ll wait patiently for all my refunds for a while yet. 

I have been waiting patiently.  I haven't called them about refunds.  Should I call them to find out why I OWE them anything??  Something tells me it will only confuse somebody.  Then, I will need to wait 60 more days for it to be processed.  Meanwhile, I just gave them $350 more for the recent cruise planner sale purchases---even though they owe me $1000 in cruise planner purchases from the cruise that was cancelled.  It is somewhat ironic that I would probably put down a deposit on another cruise in 2021...IF the refunds ever get processed.

All of this could be a mute point if the following were to happened:

1. The person in charge of social media content on the WWW for Royal,  read and  listened to our concerns and fixed them immediately. (I know someone is out there)
  2. Maybe a person on this forum that may have a closer connection to Royal than the rest of us, tell them our concerns. (I know someone is out there)

Please remember this is just an opinion. 

4 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

UPDATE: Today (4/22/20) the cruise vacation receipt says:

Cruise Fare     310.00      Gratuities  406.00     Taxes/Fees  265.10    Total Charge      981.10    Amount Paid   568.38       Balamce Due   412.72

So now I have paid $158 more and the balance due is less ... I didn't make any payments.   That amount is the refund for the CoCo Beach Club - Full Day Pass that I cancelled to take advantage of the lower price on the cruise planner sale.  Since when are the cruise planner purchase refunds processed as part of the payments on the Cruise Fare??

See above post for context ...

The balance due amount $412.72 is the total of my cruise planner purchases charged to my credit card.  I think something is really screwed up!!!  Maybe I will call because I have no clue what they are doing. It is giving me a headache.

43 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

See above post for context ...

The balance due amount $412.72 is the total of my cruise planner purchases charged to my credit card.  I think something is really screwed up!!!  Maybe I will call because I have no clue what they are doing. It is giving me a headache.

Not to be Capt. Obvious, but this is where a Travel Agent can be sooooo helpful.  Good luck with your sleuthing. It can be infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not to be Capt. Obvious, but this is where a Travel Agent can be sooooo helpful.  Good luck with your sleuthing. It can be infuriating. 

It has never been a problem before this.  Do you go through a travel agent to do cruise planner purchases?  In the past, I've done cruise planner purchases online and they were totally separate from anything related to the cruise fare.  I have cancelled cruise planner purchases to take advantage of sales ... the refunds always happened in 2-3 days.

23 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

It has never been a problem before this.  Do you go through a travel agent to do cruise planner purchases?  In the past, I've done cruise planner purchases online and they were totally separate from anything related to the cruise fare.  I have cancelled cruise planner purchases to take advantage of sales ... the refunds always happened in 2-3 days.

No, never for CP purchases

Let's do a little test!  I just have to remember which thread I posted this on so I'll take a picture of it!

My cruise on June 6th was updated today in the app showing cruise was cxl'd.  I will choose a FCC which means I don't have to do anything.  According to the web site I should expect this on Friday May 22nd. 

I promise not to mention this subject until then as I will also put a reminder in my phone to re-visit this post on this day!  Attached is a copy and paste from RCCL site.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:

◦ Monday, April 13th, 2020, if your sail date was on or before April 10th, 2020, or on Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020, Radiance March 14, 2020, Jewel of the Seas March 19 – May 5, 2020, and all April 2020 Spectrum of the Seas sailings.

◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was April 11th – May 11th, 2020, including Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing)

◦ Friday, May 22nd, 2020, if your sail date was on or after May 12th, 2020.

My trip was canceled by RC, we requsted a refund on 3/12. Now it's been over 30 days late for a refund. When I called them, they said give it a few more days, another week has passed and no refund. They told me the same thing today. Is there anyone else waiting just as long? 

1 hour ago, harrah79 said:

My trip was canceled by RC, we requsted a refund on 3/12. Now it's been over 30 days late for a refund. When I called them, they said give it a few more days, another week has passed and no refund. They told me the same thing today. Is there anyone else waiting just as long? 

Yes, almost everyone. I requested a refund the morning of 3/13 and was told 2 days ago it would be another 30-45 days. I got my bank/credit card company involved. They agreed the multiple stories and lack of communication were unacceptable, even given the circumstances. 

2 hours ago, Newtorc said:

I got my bank/credit card company involved. They agreed the multiple stories and lack of communication were unacceptable, even given the circumstances. 

How does that work?  I have rarely got my credit card company involved in cases of fraud. Usually, my credit card company involves me when there is suspicious activity.  In cases of a disagreement and some dissatisfaction, they usually recommend working it out before disputing a charge.  I don't think there is any fraud involved... delays, lack of communication, frustration-yes.  I don't think it is as simple as dispute charge - get refund.  I'm just curious.  I have considered the action you have taken but I'm not sure how that would work out. 

2 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

How does that work?  I have rarely got my credit card company involved in cases of fraud. Usually, my credit card company involves me when there is suspicious activity.  In cases of a disagreement and some dissatisfaction, they usually recommend working it out before disputing a charge.  I don't think there is any fraud involved... delays, lack of communication, frustration-yes.  I don't think it is as simple as dispute charge - get refund.  I'm just curious.  I have considered the action you have taken but I'm not sure how that would work out. 

I explained the entire situation to my credit card company and they said it falls within their parameters of a disputable charge. They credited my account and the dispute will close in 3 months. If RC refunds the $ , my credit card company will reverse the credit issued at the time of the dispute.  I am not optimistic about receiving my FCC and hope I don't have to dispute the charge associated with that!

2 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

I really don’t know either, I’ve never disputed a charge in my life. But I’ve never been treated like this either. Ive been told a different story every time I have called and been completely ignored and disregarded (I’ve gotten NO correspondence from RC except the cancelation of my time dining).  The way they have handled this is inexcusable in my book and the bank agreed and says it’s actionable. They know more about that than I do. I’m more than willing to be patient, but they need to communicate. 

1 hour ago, Newtorc said:

I really don’t know either, I’ve never disputed a charge in my life...

I’m more than willing to be patient, but they need to communicate. 

I'm that way too.  I would be hard pressed to determine which transactions to dispute. 

To be honest, I thought Royal might have limited liability for losses caused by "acts of god" like pandemics.  Even if they came out and communicated that they aren't obligated to refund anything would be better.  I wouldn't like it but I would try to get over it and move on.

@Dad2Cue @Newtorc Under normal circumstances when you dispute a charge, your credit card will reimburse you the said amount while they send a grievance to the disputed party. It could take anywhere from 30-60 days for them to resolve the case when you dispute a charge. It goes to a department dedicated by your credit card company or bank, who sole purpose is to gather the facts and force a resolution. So you will see a credit, with minutes or days, but if things are not sufficient then the credit will go through reversal. Most people who try to fraud/dispute a cruise will go through reversal as their cruise contract negates such a thing. However given these unprecedented times, they can force companies into refunds. I doubt RCCI has a fraud department and given that they are trying to process millions of customers, this stops/affects the process all the other people patiently waiting. Plus it cost them extra money...and not just in wages. Also keep in mind if you dispute a charge with your credit card or bank you run the risk of being barred.  A cruise company can ban you from ever cruising again. Which I guess won't matter to those of you who are impatient to get your money back.

The only thing that has me frustrated about refunds is that I don't know where my price-adjustment refunds are in all this mess. When I called RCCL, they said call my travel agent, since I booked through a TA...and of course, it's not like she could know anything different, and besides, she's got enough extra work without me bothering her with something that RCCL itself is responsible for.

I'm hoping for those payments to be refunded soon, because I wanted to use them as deposits for a future cruise in conjunction with the smaller of 2 FCCs I have. But I worry that they're just gonna be lost in the ether until all these FCCs are settled.

@Chadster I am sure RCCI is using an algorithm to process refunds. Refunds are normally processed in the order they go into the system, sometimes by fiscal quarters. We all know they are not manual and every time a person calls to try to have a rep push or dispute a charge, it affects that. It sucks because a lot of us don't want to spend more for deposits when we know already spent money is available.

10 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Chadster I am sure RCCI is using an algorithm to process refunds. Refunds are normally processed in the order they go into the system, sometimes by fiscal quarters. We all know they are not manual and every time a person calls to try to have a rep push or dispute a charge, it affects that. It sucks because a lot of us don't want to spend more for deposits when we know already spent money is available.

Yeah, I know...that's why I'm just checking my account every day to see if the credit's shown up. I'm hitting the 45-day mark on both of the re-prices, so it's a little extra frustrating. And I certainly won't end up getting my credit card or bank involved, 1) because these charges weren't made separately, and 2) because I don't feel like I have a dispute with RCCL. I get that others feel differently.

I'm guessing these refunds are possibly being issued in cruise-date order; that's what Princess's website says they're doing.

It's just weird to be waiting to get money back from a company just so you can give it right back to them! ? Plus, I'm hoping I'll be able to get the new cruise booked before this Cruise Planner sale goes away so I can give them even more money (for which they'll give me booze and other goods)! ?

I don't know how accurate this is, but this was posted on facebook on one cruises that i was scheduled for.

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT FROM THE CORONAVIRUS-IMPACTED CANCELLED SAILINGS?

For sailings through April 10th, 2020, Future Cruise Credits will be sent via email no later than Monday, April 13th, 2020.

Future Cruise Credits for suspended sailings departing between April 11th – May 11th, 2020 can be expected on-or-before Monday, April 30th, 2020.

Future Cruise Credits for suspended sailings departing between May 12 – June 11, 2020 can be expected on-or-before Friday, May 22, 2020.