Cruise Photos - can they be purchased after the cruise is over?

I didn't have a chance to purchase any of the pictures we had taken on board while on the cruise, and wanted to purchase some now after the cruise was over.  Seems to me with the current digital technology that you should be able to go to the RC website and log in, and see/purchase your photos.  However searching the web on this it appears that this is not the case, you can only buy them while on the cruise.  Why wouldn't RC want to have this available as an additional revenue source?

BC

Don't believe the numbers add up.   It would take a staff of 5 or more to run this type of operation and the few people that would purchase could not pay their salaries. Individual ships can store just so much media and then it would have to be downloaded to an alternate location.  Then the question arises...how long should they keep the media?  

A staff is already managing the pics, all they have to do is save them to a server they already have and give you access with your cruise pass number.  An analyst, which they already have, can figure out the right length of time to let the media stay out there.  Seriously, the incremental cost has to be minimal.

I know on the ships that swipe your card before taking the pictures. Those ships do store your photos for a period of time. If you purchase some pictures you can access your file and make purchases for a while after the cruise. But not all ships have this feature and age and size do not control what ship has this system. On Mariner of the Seas they did not have but the older smaller Legends of the Sea did offer this feature.  Not much help but it is something....sorry I do not have a better answer. 

Here is what I found on the Royal website.

All professional Photo operations are handled by Image Photo Services on all Royal Caribbean ships. There is no ability to offer post-cruise sales of any photographic products or services.

All shipboard photo products and services musty be either purchased pre-cruise at www.ourcruisephotos.com or onboard during a cruise vacation.

For more information please visit http://support.ourcruisephotos.com/ or call +1-850-250-3423 

Candie

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, David Garcia said:

I forgot to buy photos onboard - Royal & Celebrity

If you sailed on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity you cannot purchase photos post cruise if you didn't purchase anything onboard. Photos are a duty free item much the same as all other retail items onboard and can only be sold when the ship is at sea.

The duty free explanation can not be correct because other mainstream cruise lines allow you to do exactly what the OP is inquiring about.  

• 3 months later...

I purchased my pictures on the second day of the cruise and it’s about to be 30 days after the cruise I still have not got them. And it is so hard to get a hold of them. I submitted a ticked and it takes them 5 days to email back.  And then I have to wait another 5 days for another response.  It says the photos only stay available for 30 days. I am scared I won’t get my pictures and I paid a lot of money for the whole package. How can I contact Our Cruise Photos ?  Anyone know??

29 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I purchased my pictures on the second day of the cruise and it’s about to be 30 days after the cruise I still have not got them. And it is so hard to get a hold of them. I submitted a ticked and it takes them 5 days to email back.  And then I have to wait another 5 days for another response.  It says the photos only stay available for 30 days. I am scared I won’t get my pictures and I paid a lot of money for the whole package. How can I contact Our Cruise Photos ?  Anyone know??

Welcome to the forum!  Did you check your spam and trash folders to see if the email got filtered out?

We got a free picture on Independence as part of the diamond package. After the www.ourcruisephotos.com sent a link with all the photos taken onboard for purchase. They were more expensive than ship prices. We had 30 days to purchase the ones we wanted. Looks like the secret is to get one photo while onboard.