RCL Stock Price

13 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

STCG is taxed at ordinary income rates so the actual rate varies depending on your tax bracket. 

Short-term capital gains are taxed at the same rate as your ordinary income. The rate you pay depends on your filing status and total taxable income. Here are the ordinary income tax brackets.

images.png

I am neither a very good stock market follower nor a long-time "cruiser", but having read this blog in preparation for the Alaska trip that didn't happen (it will next spring), I decided to put some cash into what I determined to be a solid market.  Y'all seemed to show me that there are a real loyal, dedicated group of folks who do cruise..  Having mentioned it to my banker son and my other son who spends his time following Army camps, they didn't heed my recommendation very well.  As of today, I look like a genius (my banker son even said he didn't know I was that savvy).  I just wanted to say thanks for the confidence and the advice.  Even if for some reason the whole ship thing sinks, I will still be able to say I've  made a lot of money at RCL!  Oh, and I'll pay the tax on money that I didn't have before. ?  - Meanwhile, I get some onboard credit!

2 hours ago, Eaglelover said:

I am neither a very good stock market follower nor a long-time "cruiser", but having read this blog in preparation for the Alaska trip that didn't happen (it will next spring), I decided to put some cash into what I determined to be a solid market.  Y'all seemed to show me that there are a real loyal, dedicated group of folks who do cruise..  Having mentioned it to my banker son and my other son who spends his time following Army camps, they didn't heed my recommendation very well.  As of today, I look like a genius (my banker son even said he didn't know I was that savvy).  I just wanted to say thanks for the confidence and the advice.  Even if for some reason the whole ship thing sinks, I will still be able to say I've  made a lot of money at RCL!  Oh, and I'll pay the tax on money that I didn't have before. ?  - Meanwhile, I get some onboard credit!

I am also inexperienced in the stock market.  But I always believed the industry would return and recover and I really believed in RC as a company.  My only regret is not buying the amount RC shares that I originally planned.  When I first considered buying  I only was going to buy RC as they are our brand of choice.   But I decided ended up buying and Carnival and Norwegian which kinda takes the sting away from not investing as much in RC as originally planned.  
I also realize anything can still happen  but I believe the industry getting nearer to sailing again than maybe most do.  Might have something to do with our Aug. 3rd sailing on Independence! Lol

With all the speculation going on and the roller coaster RCL and other cruise stocks have been on, I sold what I purchased originally and made enough for a few cruises. I am considering looking for another dip like yesterday, but the price is rebounding again...so I expect to get back in at some point.

I don't recommend doing this, btw unless you are willing to take the risk...and you have a stomach of iron, or check the price only occasionally.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, DunkelBierJay said:

With all the speculation going on and the roller coaster RCL and other cruise stocks have been on, I sold what I purchased originally and made enough for a few cruises. I am considering looking for another dip like yesterday, but the price is rebounding again...so I expect to get back in at some point.

I don't recommend doing this, btw unless you are willing to take the risk...and you have a stomach of iron, or check the price only occasionally.

Markets will probably tank on Monday thanks to what happen in Atlanta on Friday night.