RCL Stock Price

20 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

FWIW --- Norwegion is up almost 50% today .... it looks like it's on fire.

I am kicking myself a little for not buying last week, but I am also glad I showed some restraint. I decided to see what the announcements are in a week or so and make a decision then. I would still stand to make a healthy margin if I bought now, but if another dip is coming, that's when I plan on going.

Just now, DunkelBierJay said:

I am kicking myself a little for not buying last week, but I am also glad I showed some restraint. I decided to see what the announcements are in a week or so and make a decision then. I would still stand to make a healthy margin if I bought now, but if another dip is coming, that's when I plan on going.

The safer bet is to wait until the ships start sailing again. But there is definitely deals to be had right now.

2 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

If today's opening is any indication, the market liked it. RCL is up 72% from its low and 44% from its opening yesterday.

2 hours ago, coneyraven said:

FWIW --- Norwegion is up almost 50% today .... it looks like it's on fire.

1 hour ago, Bean79 said:

Hopefully it keeps going up!

Headline story on Yahoo! Finance: Wall Street roars at the open as investors bet on coronavirus rescue bill

Stocks surged Tuesday, recouping some losses as market participants anxiously awaited further fiscal stimulus measures from policymakers to combat the economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.

Late Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi unveiled a $2.5 trillion coronavirus economic rescue package as a countermeasure to the Senate’s polarized debate. She signaled optimism on Tuesday that the warring parties were closing in on an agreement.

The repeat stalling of the Senate bill came just hours after the U.S. Federal Reserve unleashed its own set of new and extensive measures to help keep corporate credit flows and other critical parts of financial markets functioning smoothly. The new program included unprecedented measures from the Fed, including purchases of eligible corporate bonds from companies and exchange-traded funds, and purchases of commercial mortgage-backed securities.

In other words -- if the current proposed bill also dies in the Senate, the market will have another downturn because these "investors" are looking for sugar-daddy to help their companies recover.

I will again disclaim here -- I am not a financial pro or investment advisor. The following statements are purely my personal opinion based on my experiences watching other major events impact the market over the years. I personally expect to see ongoing wild gyrations in the market for at least the next month, maybe even two months. We're at or very close to the end of the fiscal quarter for a lot of companies, and earnings reports are going to be coming out in mid to late April. That's when the "real" impacts of all of this will truly hit investors as the real profit/loss numbers come out, and analysts see how close companies managed to get to their expected (revised) earnings forecasts from last quarter.

Up down up down up down up down......that's the way it's going to be.....it was up a little today and then back down to its open...which was higher than it's last close....so....all good.

Bought in at 28.....a little upset it took 6 days to get funds moved from one location to another to enable the buy in....but I'm in for the long haul with it now and look forward to the next 9 months.

3 hours ago, Bean79 said:

The safer bet is to wait until the ships start sailing again. But there is definitely deals to be had right now.

That's one way of looking at it; but, the best bet, not necessarily the safest, is to buy when it bottoms...which may have been a week ago. Now they have gotten new money in the form of new loans & expanded lines of credit, yes, its expected to do well in the short term, until businesses get back to some normalcy & ship start sailing again, as you said.

2 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

Just for kicks, I bought 100 shares around 28 bucks last week, sold it today for over $34, booked a $600 profit and will use the extra cash for a few shore excursions on my next cruise. $$$$ ?

I went for 110 and I'm holding out for a bit more gain... at the least I'll own* some of my cruise ship!  {*one or two square centimeters } ;-))

2 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

Just for kicks, I bought 100 shares around 28 bucks last week, sold it today for over $34, booked a $600 profit and will use the extra cash for a few shore excursions on my next cruise. $$$$ ?

Don't forget that's going to be a short term capital gain which could have tax implications for you next April.

7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Headline story on Yahoo! Finance: Wall Street roars at the open as investors bet on coronavirus rescue bill

In other words -- if the current proposed bill also dies in the Senate, the market will have another downturn because these "investors" are looking for sugar-daddy to help their companies recover.

I will again disclaim here -- I am not a financial pro or investment advisor. The following statements are purely my personal opinion based on my experiences watching other major events impact the market over the years. I personally expect to see ongoing wild gyrations in the market for at least the next month, maybe even two months. We're at or very close to the end of the fiscal quarter for a lot of companies, and earnings reports are going to be coming out in mid to late April. That's when the "real" impacts of all of this will truly hit investors as the real profit/loss numbers come out, and analysts see how close companies managed to get to their expected (revised) earnings forecasts from last quarter.

With your experience, would you assume that we have already seen the bottom then? My inexperienced hunch thinks we might have and will now see ups and downs but with a slow, gradual climb?  

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

I would expect the stock to tank a bit again tomorrow with the announcement of another 30 days of cancels.....but hopefully that will be specific to the travel/leisure industry and not the full index ?

I was thinking the same thing.  Problem right now for me is getting my account funded so I can jump in.  I tried today but as a security measure they wanted me to enter my phone number.  I never had a phone number linked.   So I called and they said it’ll be 24-48 hours to update.  Then I’ll have the typical 3 days for my funding account to clear.  

1 hour ago, Hutcherl said:

With your experience, would you assume that we have already seen the bottom then? My inexperienced hunch thinks we might have and will now see ups and downs but with a slow, gradual climb?  

Hard to say. My guess is that this next round of cancellations is already factored into the current price, because no one seriously thought cruising would resume in April. This bottom may get tested in a month if they announce more cancellations through June, or if the earnings announcement comes out and reveals more red than expected and/or guidance pointing to a slower than expected recovery.

I personally don’t expect to see a steady long-term climb showing up before May or more likely June. Everyone wants to know the outbreak is over, as that will be a good sign of things being able to get back to normal.

Yahoo Finance is showing RCL stock is up almost 16% in pre-market trading hours (which ends at 9:15). I guess the market liked the overnight news about the senate and White House reaching an agreement on the stimulus bill, with a vote expected today. But notice the expected performance outlook in the lower right corner of the screen shot...

image.thumb.png.392619b2bc323c66d02e2f3edb578f86.png

No help for big cruise lines

The major cruise ship lines are shut out of the $2T coronavirus stimulus package headed for a vote today in the U.S. House, despite President Trump's desire to help them. The package limits aid to U.S.-incorporated companies with a majority of workers based in the U.S., two criteria that effectively exclude Carnival (NYSE:CCL), Norwegian (NYSE:NCLH) and Royal Caribbean (NYSE:RCL). "There's a risk that cruise ships are laid up for an extended period of time," said Wedbush analyst James Hardiman. "They'll continue to burn cash without any revenue coming in the door."

Wall St Cheat Sheet.JPG

I'm thinking his latest news about crew on Oasis getting corona will drop the stock price again on monday. I'm gonna set a limit to get my 100 shares if it reaches my mark. Also make sure yall are all using that new Zoom background cause I bought a bunch of shares of them at $114 as well ?

12 hours ago, JasonL said:

I'm thinking his latest news about crew on Oasis getting corona will drop the stock price again on monday. I'm gonna set a limit to get my 100 shares if it reaches my mark. Also make sure yall are all using that new Zoom background cause I bought a bunch of shares of them at $114 as well ?

I hope you bought the right Zoom  ZM and not ZOOM ...  ?

3 minutes ago, Dimension said:

I am personally waiting on Carnival to report their earnings later this week before I decide if I want to jump in or not. CCL's ER will definitely tell us more on what is taking place.

Isn't that earnings for the time before all this started? up until end of Feb.. I think the next potential turning point for CCL will be if they can secure loans to get them through this.

9 minutes ago, Scrumps said:

Isn't that earnings for the time before all this started? up until end of Feb.. I think the next potential turning point for CCL will be if they can secure loans to get them through this.

It is but they will also update their guidance as well for the up coming quarter.  I expect CCL and RCL to both cut their dividend rates out all together or for them to cut them down to almost nothing. Most likely since they do not qualify for any of the bailout money they will get rid of dividends to help pay the bills.

While I think pricing is close to bottom now (it is certainly higher than where it landed a couple weeks ago), I made a purchase a couple days ago and will resist watching it every day...it is a long term consideration for me, and I do want to test the stock holder benefit on a sailing or two...the $100 credit seems nice, but is worthless if you end up selling for a loss. I also picked up some Carnival, because that stock is really hurting right now, and I think they have such brand diversity that they will end up recovering eventually.

20 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

Volatility reigns but RC stock climbing today.  

And watch it drop tomorrow ?. Think the price is in for a rough ride for the foreseeable future. RCL isn't listed in the UK I follow the Carnival UK price, it drops 20% one day and recovers 15% the next, can't see that ending anytime soon, unless it drops to zero!!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Bean79 said:

I guess I was wrong for now. The stock price hit $68.06 so far this morning!!!

My 401K took a huge hit in Feb-Mar and I thought it would take a few years to recover.  I'm retired and I was thinking I wouldn't be taking as many cruises during my retirement years.  My 401K has already recovered and with today's gains, it should be positive for the year so I booked another cruise.