Anthem of the Seas 3/8/20 – 3/15/20 - Star Class Cruise

jaullram

• 4 months later...

Just read your blog and i miss tgis so much. Cant agree more Yen was amazing on the Anthem and how great she is!! I cant wait to read your next blog whenever that may be! 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:46 AM, jaullram said:

Debarkation Day

Saddest day.  Yen asked us what we wanted delivered to our room for breakfast and what time we wanted to get off the ship.  Promptly at 7:15 our breakfast arrived (bagels, pastries, coffee and juice).  We caught Brian and Lucky out in the hallway after breakfast and gave them their tips for amazing service.  Yen came with a porter at 8AM and whisked us off the ship with our luggage in no time.  She used her special card to get us on an elevator with our porter which was great.  As we said our final goodbye near customs I had tears in my eyes thinking about the best week we had and the amazing things she did for us.

After having some time to think about the cruise, there are some amenities I wish we had taken advantage of.  Hubby and I are not “sit down” for breakfast types but I wish I had done Coastal Kitchen once for breakfast.  The others in our party did Coastal most days and said they really enjoyed it.  The other thing we never did was Jaime’s or Chops for lunch.  I would have loved to try one of the burgers or enjoyed a nice salad and soup.  On sea days we always had a lot scheduled so we grabbed Johnny Rockets one day and Windjammer for the other sea days.  I felt it was hard last minute to change plans since there were 10 of us but I wish at least hubby and I did more specialty dining for lunch.

Would I do Star Class again – of course (if I could afford it of course)!!  We are currently trying to get 2 BR Aqua theater for September but unless the prices drop, we are going to stick with our Owner’s Suite (we are wait listed for Crown Loft which is sold out).  Our next Star Class experience is on a short 4 night cruise in November on Oasis.

We had an amazing cruise, a lot of laughs, enjoyed being spoiled and look forward to our next adventure! Thanks for following along.  With all of the craziness going on across the world with the dreaded “C” word, I enjoyed positing this to distract those who followed along.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who posted great tips and did their own live blogs that I followed along with leading up to our cruise.  All of the questions I had and nervousness about not being able to plan all of my dining ahead of the cruise were alleviated by people explaining that the Genie really does take care of everything – and she did!  Until next time, stay safe everyone and I will be looking forward to cruises sailing again so I can read along on other blogs in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, Lryoon said:

Just read your blog and i miss tgis so much. Cant agree more Yen was amazing on the Anthem and how great she is!! I cant wait to read your next blog whenever that may be! 

I can't believe it was the last cruise on Anthem before the shut down.  Right now, we have our next Star Class in September 2021.  We have had 4 cancelled so far and can't wait to get back to cruising!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your experience !

We were in the Star Class cabin 11 months before you. I was great reading and reminiscing about our experience. It was very similar, but we had a different Genie and Jesus was our suite attendant. We were suppose to in April of 2020 in a GS. We love Anthem and hoping our cruise this spring goes (non SC, but Sky). We were there on Coco Cay when they still had the suite area, before the beach club opened. The suite area had gone downhill from the previous year. There were so many flies it was really disgusting. We let our Genie and Ricardo (the Concierge), as well as the post cruise comments. We were spoiled on our 1st SC cruise on Oasis in 2018 and are looking forward to our next two SC cruises. It is truly hard to go back to Sky or other ships that do not offer the Royal Suite Class program, but we like to cruise. 

We had Brian as our room attendant when we were on Deck 8 and Jesus as our attendant when we were on 10.  Both were excellent.  I loved running into Brian in the hallway.  He would always pretend like he was having a party in our room while we were gone.  He was a hoot.  Jesus was definitely the king of the towel animals.