I think we will be cruising by May

I am just going off of gut instinct. I think we will be cruising by May. The smartest people in our country are working on the virus. Social isolation is helping to stop the spread. Also, I am sure measures are going to be taken for those who will be traveling, some sort of extra screening. I am sure the cruise lines and etc. are trying to figure out ways to get up and running as soon as possible. That's just my guess. 

I dont want to be pessimistic, but you should take into account that a big percentage of the guests are from other countries which may not be at the same point in the virus-time than USA.

For example, currently China is near recovery after a couple of months of drastic measures, but South America is just starting the journey! So in order to start cruising its not just about USA, for the cruise to be viable economically, there are dependencies to other countrys.

Anyway, I hope to be mistaken, I also lost my cruise and although I will be refunded regarding Royal Caribbean, I will lose money from the flight tickets.

9 minutes ago, RichardMexico said:

I dont want to be pessimistic, but you should take into account that a big percentage of the guests are from other countries which may not be at the same point in the virus-time than USA.

For the love of all that is Holy & Healthy, let's be positive for once, just one positive thread, please? I have written the CEO & the COO asked them if they could be mindful of their amazing loyal to royal customers and implored for them a transition that is as painless as possible, especially for their staff. I pray that we get a handle on this soon, we as a family are sheltering in place not because we are scared we practice good habits, but because we were asked to. I wanted to set a good example for my kid. I refuse to be all doom and gloom, this too shall pass, I know tragedy and healing comes in due course.

Since we are blessed here to know we work hard and reward ourselves by vacationing harder, our choice RCCL as soon as they sail again I hope we all jump on sailings, use those FCC"s as soon as possible, you know you are going over to Next Cruise anyway while on board. Please I implore the fans (and I know it's hard I feel for our friend @Lovetocruise2002 whose support is unwavering and then the whole FCC mishandling)  but can we choose to be positive just this one thread? Thank you @Branderson610, I smiled when I read your post. My next sailing isn't until June 2020 but I am not cancelling, I am going to "let the frustration go" and roll with it. I did go ahead and book an additional amazing sailing Thanksgiving 2020 on the Odyssey too!

To all of my friends here, please be safe & stay healthy WE.WILL.GET.THROUGH. THIS. 

I did recieve this message from Royal Carribean, this is just part of the message, "

• Scheduled to sail after April 10th and have questions?

• We fully intend to start sailing on April 11th and we can’t wait - we miss our guests already!

• If we must impact any additional sailings, we will send out a communication advising you of this and your options.

Lets hope life gets back to normal  as soon as possible!

2 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

I am just going off of gut instinct. I think we will be cruising by May. The smartest people in our country are working on the virus. Social isolation is helping to stop the spread. Also, I am sure measures are going to be taken for those who will be traveling, some sort of extra screening. I am sure the cruise lines and etc. are trying to figure out ways to get up and running as soon as possible. That's just my guess. 

My gut tells me August. I hope your right & im completely off. Too many variables in play to get started back up that quick regarding ports of call. Perhaps they start back up sooner w/ only sea day sailings? In any case, April 12th = pipe dream for sure.

1 hour ago, Branderson610 said:

I did recieve this message from Royal Carribean, this is just part of the message, "

• We fully intend to start sailing on April 11th and we can’t wait - we miss our guests already!

• If we must impact any additional sailings, we will send out a communication advising you of this and your options.

Lets hope life gets back to normal  as soon as 

My cruise suppose to be April 12, but if the CDC recommended no gathering of 50 people or more for the next 8 weeks. How are we going to be sailing with thousands????

2 hours ago, RichardMexico said:

For example, currently China is near recovery after a couple of months of drastic measures, but South America is just starting the journey! So in order to start cruising its not just about USA, for the cruise to be viable economically, there are dependencies to other countrys.

Anyway, I hope to be mistaken, I also lost my cruise and although I will be refunded regarding Royal Caribbean, I will lose money from the flight tickets.

Im seeing that we as USA citizens are really at the back end of the progression of this... South Americans as well but not significantly behind us. Remember too that they have the warmer climate that will not let this virus flourish very long...   Some cases yest but large numbers not as likely...  With proper screening in place I'm thinking that The April 11 is a little light but close to it we should be ok. 

Here is the whole email Royal sent out:

Dear Guest,

The situation regarding COVID-19 is so fluid and we understand you have a lot of questions. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but as you may imagine, we are experiencing high volumes and are behind.

We took the most frequently asked questions and answered them here. If the below addresses your concern or answers your question, we kindly ask for you to fill out our form here - this will help us feel like we have taken care of you and can close out your original note to us. We have all hands on deck and we’re doing everything to respond as quickly as possible, and this will really help!

Here are the top questions:

• What do I do if I’m affected by the global cruise suspension?

• We’ve voluntarily suspended service with the intention of resuming our cruises on April 11th, 2020. We’ve sent an email to guests booked on cruises up to April 10th and some sailings that fall outside of this window that have also unfortunately been cancelled, with information about the automatic 125% Future Cruise Certificate (FCC). To forfeit your 125% FCC for a refund, please feel free to use this request form here. After doing that - you are done! We will process your request.

• What is the status of my refund?

• General Refunds/Reimbursements: Most refunds take 5-7 business days + the time it takes your bank to post to your account. If you have not received your refund by March 30th, please reach out to us.

• Voluntary Suspension Refunds (sailings from March 13 - April 10): These refunds will take up to 30 days to process from your request date.

• What if I had already cancelled my cruise with your Cruise with Confidence offer and now my sailing is cancelled, can I get the new offer?

• You were in a unique situation and were able to make the decision to not travel based on your personal circumstances. Your FCC for 100% stands and you should be receiving that soon. The new offer is for the guests that still planned to travel, and are now being forced to cancel.

• I just got home from my cruise and I see extra charges on my credit card statement. How can I get that refunded?

• What you’re seeing are temporary authorizations or holds, under your pending charges. Those usually go away on their own within 5-7 business days. Timing may vary by banking institution, but ultimately we only charge one total amount for your onboard spend.

• I emailed about my refund for the Quantum of the Seas cancelled sailings.

• We kindly ask for your continued patience. We’re working on processing those refunds and we plan to have them all completed by March 31st, 2020.

• If you cruise is between April 11th and July 31st and are unsure about sailing, you can still use the Cruise With Confidence policy and cancel up to 48 hours prior to your sail date for a 100% Future Cruise Certificate for use through December 31st, 2021. We put this in place to give you peace of mind to the very last minute and flexibility to plan your future sailing. If you are choosing to take advantage of this offer, please click here to begin the process. Once you complete the form – there is nothing else to do. We will process your future cruise credit.

• I am missing points or have questions about my Crown and Anchor account?

• Typically, Crown & Anchor Society points post about two weeks after the end of your sailing. For other inquiries, please know, we are working through our emails and we kindly ask for your continued patience.

If we were able to answer your questions with this email, please help us by clicking here - this will let us put a checkbox by your name and we can keep working on our queue. Otherwise, our team will contact you as soon as possible. If there are any updates to your specific sailing, we will reach out with any and all information we have for you. In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We hope to welcome you onboard one of our ships under different circumstances very soon and wish you good health. And let’s face it – after this is all over, one thing is certain - we are all going to need a cruise vacation! Stay positive - and don’t forget to wash your hands.

For more information and updates on COVID-19, please visit our website here.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

I’m with @Neesa on this one. I have 4 other sailings booked for this year starting in July. With all the negative news around us, these boards, and the hope of cruising again, is something that many of us are looking forward to. Great for mental health in the midst of all this social distancing and doom & gloom. While I am not oblivious to what is going on around us, I choose to remain positive through all this. ?

My family and I are booked on a cruise departing Copenhagen in May 13th. The travel agent my family booked through informed them today that the cruise was cancelled. I booked directly through Royal and haven’t received any info about a cancellation, and the cruise is still available to book online. I don’t know what to think!

I really didn't want to bring this thread down... my keeping positive is May...Late May.

In Chicago we are supposed to be practicing social distancing. I work for a law firm doing Accounts Receivable and I waitress every other weekend for extra money (I wanted to be an early retiree, don't judge?). We did the Covid testing on the 5th of March, I was negative and we went into work from home March 6th. My restaurant shut its dining room down on March 15th until the 30th. Because that's what the Governor of Illinois advised. The law firm had a bunch of conferences and such from Jan 6th to the 24th in Hartford and Seattle. Me and everyone at my company became, 14 people in all, sick with the flu starting around the 30th of January. I had the flu shot and I was sick on and off for almost 3 weeks. As an avid hand washer and germaphobe, I did my due diligence. I stayed home the 1st week because I assumed I had the flu. Just found out today one of the lawyers is positive for COVID 19, completely asymptomatic...probably because the virus ran its course as he was sick almost 2 weeks ago. My doctor is convinced I had it in early February but because it wasn't a pandemic, they passed it off as the flu. I share this to say I did my part, I didn't quarantine because I had no reason to think I had COVID. But I was always concerned and respectful, keeping my distance. My family was recently tested and none have a positive because I always wash and disinfect. If we all do what we should, which is covering our mouth and being conscience of germs, this thing could be over fairly soon. I have a cruise in October and I plan to be on it.

I have cruises booked in April and May so i certainly want to be optimistic and believe they will happen, my gut says at this rate i will be lucky if my October one happens though.

Certainly "first world" problems concerned to the health impacts of Coronavirus and the economic impacts of the "cure" but this is pretty much a "first world problems" board.

We also have late May cruise on the 25th, usually at this point, we are starting to get excited and picking up little things for the trip, at this point I hold out little hope of going, and I am usually the guy that’s is the positive one, the glass half full guy. We fly from cvg( Cincinnati airport) so  travel to fll is pretty easy at this point, but who is,to,say the airlines will start limiting the number of people on a plane.Its a changing world fellow cruisers, everyone stay healthy and safe and see ya on the high seas soon. 

I am on the fence....I too was optimistic that things would get back to normal quickly..but I would say we are still 3-4 weeks away from the "peak" of this in NA....then things will start to get better.....not sure by May1st we are there though..

I am really hoping this 2 week period will do what we are all hoping with social distancing and all the closures up here in Canada. But in the US, I see a lot of places have put that ban in effect for 30 days.....which takes us to past mid-April.

I sure hope they get back cruising soon for the Economy's sake. I had to rebook my April cruise to June and already have a September cruise almost paid for. If the economy doesn't respond well then those will be the only 2 vacations I get to take for awhile. I am a commission based worker, at work now with nothing to do!:57_cry:

16 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

I am just going off of gut instinct. I think we will be cruising by May.

I suspect you may be right, if not a few weeks later...mid May maybe. My biggest concern is the amount of real, true, accurate information from China; be it official info from the State or leaks. If you follow the CDC numbers, there is a dramatic decrease in new cases appearing in China & their fatalities rate has taken a dive...certainly promising.

People in general really need to take & bare some responsibility, if there's any real chance of "quickly" overcoming this circumstance, and preventing any chance of dragging this out longer than necessary & risking possible encroachment of civil liberties, because of the behavior of some # of people. What has happened in China & Italy is a prime example, if people give reason to...and things apparently has not gotten better in Italy, regardless of draconian measures. Just saying...

I know the makeup of the U.S. was alot different from just 25yrs ago, when we were more resilient. Maybe not as much these days; but, this certainly could be a resiliency test of our day...things I feel will very soon get better, even if things briefly become worse. I sense a bit of normalcy & pending cruise may be just around the corner....

17 hours ago, Branderson610 said:

I was happy to see your post, we need to be positive during this time.  So many people are turning against each other, sad because we need one another to get through this.  

I want to believe that things will be better by May.  So many people are out of work right now and do not have an income coming in.  The hospitality industry is made up of very hard working people in restaurants, resorts, retail, and if this were to continue these are the people that will suffer the most.  I think for the most part people are trying to follow the guidelines, yes there are some that do not, but in life there will always be folks that think rules are not for them.  I am staying home when I can, except for groceries if and when needed.  All my friends are doing the same.

I am over seventy, a friend is 88.  She has been through wars and diseases but has never seen anything like this.  Please let’s stop blaming everyone and work together to bring this to an end, for those who are sick and those who are struggling without a means of support.  No one knows when this will end, but trying to look on the bright side will get us through this, let’s take it two weeks at a time, not months down the road.  

Trying to be optimistic about cruising again or even some sort of good news about the world! I keep wondering about the magic week in April!! What will change by then? Will this peak and then its just over and the world is clean and safe again for everyone to begin traveling again? What is keeping everyone so optimistic? I get that we need things to look forward too, I LOVE the lead up to my usual next cruise, but I am also trying to be realistic here. 

Is Royal getting different news that the rest of the world? Are they aware of when a vaccine will be introduced and are able to make promises based off of that? I think not. Until a vaccine is found, distributed world wide and there has been a true settling of growing cases I dont think any part of the travel industry is going to "open up" for real. They are in the business of making money. They have a corporation to to protect. They will say anything right now to 1) Keep booked passenger $$ and 2) Continue to create interest in what is right now an unknown product.

there is no definite news on anything right now other than confirmed cases keep rising. The smartest people in the world are working on this 24/7. What makes us think that Royal knows best here?

With our border now closed to the US, I coudlnt go even if I wanted to.

Seems to be the consensus is 4-5 weeks for this to peek here in Canada....which is well after my April 17th cruise date.

I am thinking its going to be June before we see things start to get back to "normal"....time will tell!