Upgrading?

Hi, we are supposed to sail out of Rome May 27th, I highly doubt this will happen, but I keep looking at the price of this cruise and I could upgrade to a jr. suite for the less than what I paid for our balcony rooms.   Do you think I should upgrade? is it worth it? just in case we do get to sail.   If not I still qualify for the credit.  I'm just asking because this was to be our first cruise ever and have no idea what I'm doing anymore..lol!  can't get money back for anything, half my flights are not even credited yet cause we were coming back in June, so honestly I haven't done anything to change any of my trip, it's just not worth it right now with the long wait times for anything.  I haven't even cancelled my tours or airbnb's yet.  So basically should I upgrade or not?

40 minutes ago, Jewel2020 said:

Hi, we are supposed to sail out of Rome May 27th, I highly doubt this will happen, but I keep looking at the price of this cruise and I could upgrade to a jr. suite for the less than what I paid for our balcony rooms.   Do you think I should upgrade? is it worth it? just in case we do get to sail.   If not I still qualify for the credit.  I'm just asking because this was to be our first cruise ever and have no idea what I'm doing anymore..lol!  can't get money back for anything, half my flights are not even credited yet cause we were coming back in June, so honestly I haven't done anything to change any of my trip, it's just not worth it right now with the long wait times for anything.  I haven't even cancelled my tours or airbnb's yet.  So basically should I upgrade or not?

Of course, try and upgrade !!  Why wouldn't you ?  Even if the cruise is cancelled in the end, you will be no worse for the wear.  Maybe we will all be lucky and be cruising by then !!  I have a Majesty cruise out of NO May 16 and I'm still planning on going !!  I would upgrade, too, if I could...but the prices on that one have stayed very high.

9 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

Is the best way to request upgrades to constantly watch for the prices to go down to what you paid and call once it gets down to that level? Just curious. My cruise isn't until December now after rescheduling my March cruise.

Yes, in a nutshell.  More experienced cruisers probably have additional information but  yes that's the gist of it

58 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

Is the best way to request upgrades to constantly watch for the prices to go down to what you paid and call once it gets down to that level? Just curious. My cruise isn't until December now after rescheduling my March cruise.

That is exactly what I do. I watch prices regularly and once it falls to a price I am comfortable with, I will call and switch cabins. Usually, this happens after final payment around the 45-60 day mark.  That is what I have noticed in the past. 

Royal Up is another option but IMO, not a great one since the bid options don’t always reflect actual inventory.