Positive vibes only

I think we could all use some positivity and good memories at this time so I'd like to hear everyone's favorite Royal Caribbean cruise and why.

Mine was Oasis of the Seas western Caribbean in October 2017. Being from Vancouver all my prior cruises had been Alaska, pacific coastal, and Mexican Riviera. The largest ship I had been on till that point was Mariner. Oasis was our honeymoon cruise and it was the first time to the Caribbean for both of us and also first time on an Oasis class ship for both of us. It was the most amazing time ever! Our stops were Labadee, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel. We were blown away by the beauty of the Caribbean as well as the Oasis class ship (the entertainment especially). It was the perfect honeymoon for us :) 

34 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I think we could all use some positivity and good memories at this time so I'd like to hear everyone's favorite Royal Caribbean cruise and why.

Mine was Oasis of the Seas western Caribbean in October 2017. Being from Vancouver all my prior cruises had been Alaska, pacific coastal, and Mexican Riviera. The largest ship I had been on till that point was Mariner. Oasis was our honeymoon cruise and it was the first time to the Caribbean for both of us and also first time on an Oasis class ship for both of us. It was the most amazing time ever! Our stops were Labadee, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel. We were blown away by the beauty of the Caribbean as well as the Oasis class ship (the entertainment especially). It was the perfect honeymoon for us ? 

I'd vote for the Med as we saw so many historic sites and delighted in the foods of each region, which were featured in the MDR.  

I also want to put in a vote for the Canary Islands with their exotic landscape and unique, family-run plantations.

Excursion-wise, I will always remember my first snorkeling trip, climbing Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, and visiting the Amazing Secret River in Playa del Carmen.  The Mayan temples were very interesting, too.

Western Caribbean on Liberty with our 11 month old granddaughter.

It was great getting up with her every morning and just letting her run - got to see the ship from a perspective completely different from any other cruise.

Loved interacting with all the other early risers - some of them commented that they looked forward to seeing her every morning.

And as beautiful as a sunrise at sea is - imagine sharing the wonder of it with one so free and pure.

Our honeymoon on Mariner of the Seas was such a fun sailing. We "backed into" it as an option.

Originally, we were going to go to Hawaii & Disneyland.  Prices for that kind of a trip were way too high, so we then decided to go on a Disney Cruise.  That was until our travel agent pointed out we could get 7-nights in a Junior Suite on Mariner of the Seas, or 3-nights in an inside on DCL.  It turned out to be a great decision.

8 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I thought the folks on this board enjoyed Royal more. Was looking forward to hearing positive, uplifting stories in this dark time but only 3 other members have a favorite cruise.....

Some have cruised so many times that they can't begin to pick a favorite. Special events like a honeymoon ( @Matt ) or experiences with a young grandchild (myself) are easier to pinpoint.

Favorite Royal Caribbean cruise? My first. 2001 or so, Sovereign of the Seas, 3 nights out of Canaveral to Nassau and Coco Cay. It was for my Moms 50th birthday, and my entire family was on the ship. Grandma, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc.....it opened my eyes to the world of cruising, and was the first time I had been out of the country! 

Last August on Radiance to Alaska. From our arrival in Vancouver until the land portion ended in Fairbanks, each day was more wonderful then the one before. When people say you haven't really cruised until you have cruised in Alaska, they are telling you the truth. We got to see the northern lights on my husbands 60th birthday.  Magical.

You would think that with only 2 cruises under my belt, it would be easy to pick one.

Both out of Baltimore on Grandeur, the first was a 7 day April 2019 to Bermuda and Charleston SC ( where my friend's daughter lives), the second a 5 day to Bermuda September 2019.

7 days was nice, but on the 5 day cruise we swam with dolphins.

I guess I would pick the first.

100_0205.JPG

I’ve technically been on 5 cruises in my life, but 2 of them are from when I was  younger than 14 so they are hazes of kids club talent shows and trying escargot and ox tail soup. From my cruises as an adult, I’d have to say my sailing on Allure. I learned how much I LOVE hanging out and reading on the balcony and that the juices/smoothies at the vitality spa cafe are as tasty as a margarita or other frozen drink but don’t make you feel as sluggish thanks to WAY less sugar. I also adored the shows and couldn’t believe how much entertainment was included in our cruise fare. Also it was our first time in Coastal Kitchen and living that suite life. There was a point while sitting in the solarium with my kindle and a frozen drink under a “palm tree” in front of the hot tub/pool that I felt for the first time “pure cruise bliss”. There was a nice slight breeze blowing some of the water spray against my neck while I laid there reading and sipping my drink. Heaven. 7AAA2514-6E24-491F-9602-841BD651C86F.thumb.jpeg.06b5845b3c3c2b101da97809e2acb4ed.jpegA1C810C2-A400-4E8F-9F9C-A11619347887.thumb.jpeg.203300c33d93076c88acc12fbbae05db.jpeg

I was 53 when I took my first cruise on the beautiful Freedom of the Seas.

Our fifth will be on April 26 ( #stillgoing! ) on Harmony, but nothing can replace the phenomenal 

memories of that first cruise.  Mind you, I was so naive that I thought we had to wait on the dock

with our luggage, etc, so when we got to the terminal and the porters took our bags, I was too happy.

I'm tellin' ya - when I first walked onto that ship into the Promenade, I know my mouth was agape for

10 minutes.  It was so much more than I ever had imagined.  The entire cruise was phenomenal, 

including the wonderful dinners in the MDR, the Solarium, the ports of call (especially when we went

to Orient Beach; my gosh how spectacular that was), even the drive home was easy and uneventful.

I wish I had more money and more time to cruise a lot.  It is so fantastic, and the Royal crewmembers 

make it so much more enjoyable.

37 days!

On ‎2020‎/‎03‎/‎19 at 6:27 AM, Floski said:

Our fifth will be on April 26 ( #stillgoing! ) on Harmony, but nothing can replace the phenomenal 

memories of that first cruise.  Mind you, I was so naive that I thought we had to wait on the dock

with our luggage, etc, so when we got to the terminal and the porters took our bags, I was too happy.

I'm tellin' ya - when I first walked onto that ship into the Promenade, I know my mouth was agape for

10 minutes.  It was so much more than I ever had imagined.  The entire cruise was phenomenal, 

including the wonderful dinners in the MDR, the Solarium, the ports of call (especially when we went

to Orient Beach; my gosh how spectacular that was), even the drive home was easy and uneventful.

I wish I had more money and more time to cruise a lot.  It is so fantastic, and the Royal crewmembers 

37 days!

I love hearing these stories of first time cruisers!

On 3/19/2020 at 9:27 AM, Floski said:

37 days!

I felt the same on our first cruise back in 2006 on the Navigator of The Seas. We were with my brother & sister in law, who were seasoned cruisers and taught us some lessons and prepped us on what to expect. Even with that my wife & I were blown away. It was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. The biggest lesson my wife and I learned on that cruise was that 7 days is not long enough. So after that we only booked 11 or 14 day or two 7 days back to back and we now drive to the port. Trying to convince to try a two week side to side or a three week back to back. So far she doesn't want to discuss it. But we're young and still got many cruises ahead of us to enjoy, especially, now that we are diamond level. :27_sunglasses:

4 minutes ago, rjac said:

We were with my brother & sister in law, who were seasoned cruisers and taught us some lessons and prepped us on what to expect. Even with that my wife & I were blown away

Trying to explain a cruise to someone who hasn't cruised is next to impossible. There are no words to describe the feeling of walking up the gangway for embarkation, the feeling of pulling away from the port, the feeling of being surrounded by vast oceans, the feeling of sunsets and sunrises at sea.........these need to be experienced in person to truly appreciate. and when you do.....you are hooked!

Hard to pick just one...…..but here goes.

Our Western Med cruise on Freedom two and half years ago.   First cruise for our two teens.  Very port intensive (Marseilles, Villefranche (Nice), La Spezia (Florence & Pisa),  Rome, Naples and Barcelona.   Summer time and didn't get dark until 10 pm each night.   It was like having two vacations in once, the ports each day, the ship at night.   The kids loved it and all was well with the world.

ro

1st on the Liberty to Bermuda was fantastic, never thought we could top it, then we went on the Anthem, back to Bermuda ,wow, bigger was better, 5 cruises (Bahamas and coco kay) later we cant wait till the next one in 252 days, and another in 595 days. Great food ,great staff, great entertainment. It would be hard to pick the best, there´s bests on each cruise. lol

December 2018 my wife said for my 60th birthday on January 2020 I should pick somewhere where I want to go ie an island resort ,  a cruise etc   .  I was not sure what I wanted , so started to checkout resorts , cruises . talked to a few people who highly recommended Oasis of the seas , so we booked it out of Miami , 7 day Eastern Caribbean not knowing that Oasis was going to be amplified .  My wife had been on NCL on a much smaller ship with her parents and sister . Question she asked me was why such a big ship , 1 because of other peoples recommendations  and all that it offer I did not want to be bored .. Not a chance of that , so much to do , not enough time ..  we did as much as we could on the ship when we were sailing  , rock climbing water slides ,abyss , zip line  escape room ..then the island roller coaster , and I have to give my wife props for doing the zip line over the ocean not sitting like she thought , but as an airplane ..  The food and entertainment was out of this world ,everyone on the ship was fantastic , we  could not have asked for a better time ..  This was our first RCL cruise but wont be the last , my wife did say to her father that she did not know if I could do a small ship after getting spoiled on Oasis .. his answer was that she created a Cruise Monster ..   We did not want to get off  . miss it already .

IMG_20200114_123228_831.jpg

20200107_094743.jpg

20200106_191355.jpg

20200105_124201.jpg