Explorer Booking Issue

Matt V

We had an April 3rd cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We cancelled since MD closed schools and canceled spring break. Only got the 100% FCC.

So we can only book during Spring break. Found cruise next March on Explorer. RC site (attached) lead me to believe the ship was newly amplified on their website.

Apparently, per this site and others, the amplification is either not happening or delayed. My concern is that the trip will be either be delayed or canceled. 

At this point, I rather just change to another cruise. Stupid me did the NRD, bleeding money with this vacation. 

What's the chance I can get RC to waive the change fees based on selling bookings for an advertised amplified ship that probably won't occur? 

Screenshot_20200316-195547_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry to say, but it's zero. 

Thanks. And you are correct lol. I called this morning and they said no. Debating if I should call the credit card company and dispute the charge. But in the meantime, booked a refundable cruise on Harmony during the same time. I'll see how this plays out and end up canceling one of the bookings before December. 

2 hours ago, Matt V said:

Thanks. And you are correct lol. I called this morning and they said no. Debating if I should call the credit card company and dispute the charge. But in the meantime, booked a refundable cruise on Harmony during the same time. I'll see how this plays out and end up canceling one of the bookings before December. 

What grounds would you have for a dispute?  If you file one, the credit card company will ask Royal to defend the charge, they'll say it's valid based on the contract you agreed to and your dispute will be closed.