Empress of the Seas Sq Ft Room size?

sp113

Hello All!

We were recently on the Empress and usually don't mind taking an inside cabin to save money to spend on other fun things. 

However, this was the smallest cabin we have ever stayed in.  Now that I am off, I am wondering if anyone knows the square footage of the cabin we were in?  It was Cabin #3201.

I know Empress has the smallest cabins of the fleet...but wondered what the size actually was.

Anyone?  ?

19 minutes ago, sp113 said:

Hello All!

We were recently on the Empress and usually don't mind taking an inside cabin to save money to spend on other fun things. 

However, this was the smallest cabin we have ever stayed in.  Now that I am off, I am wondering if anyone knows the square footage of the cabin we were in?  It was Cabin #3201.

I know Empress has the smallest cabins of the fleet...but wondered what the size actually was.

Anyone?  ?

empress.PNG

10 hours ago, sp113 said:

Hello All!

Anyone?  ?

Its so small just like Majesty.. Thats how they built ships 30 years ago.. Exactly one of the reasons I am not an old small ship person. 

11 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

1 hour ago, RickinSTL said:

So small that you have to leave your stateroom to change your mind lol..  I didn't mind it though.  We're never in our room except to sleep and change clothes

Even 2 people changing in the room was difficult without elbowing each other! 

11 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

empress.PNG

Thanks Noodles...but I don't think it was even that big!  ?

We cruised on a 5 day trip to Cuba in an inside cabin a year and a half ago.  We did not spend much time in the cabin and we had a lot of fun! The ship  is a very pretty and the public areas don't feel small.

And yes the inside cabin was very small. But I myself started cruising on ships in the 80's and the small sized cabins were the norm then. 

With the inside cabin,  one person actually has to climb over the bed when getting up if the beds are together. It only has some room on one side which includes a bed side table. One solution is to have the beds as twins, then there is room in the middle. 

We have booked an 11day New England/ Canada cruise this August 24th. The itinerary looks wonderful!  But on this future cruise we booked an outside room which is a little bigger. This ocean view room has space on each side when the beds are together. 

Hope this helps!

12 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Cozy !

A few things:

1. I used the room basically to sleep, shower, change, and get ready for the day, left early in the morning (8'sh am) and did not return until 11 pm unless I needed to grab something. 
2. I got a great price on this cruise (less than $900 Canadian for an eight night Eastern Caribbean cruise in early December).
3. I liked the refurbishments and location of the stateroom. There were minor ship noises at night (typical with forward staterooms), but nothing that inconvenienced my sleep.
4. I'm a budget/economical traveler (unless someone else is paying for my cruise which is highly unlikely lol). 

The minor issues (e.g. burned out lightbulb, water temperature for shower, missing Cruise Critic invite) I encountered were quickly resolved by Royal Caribbean and, as a goodwill gesture, was offered a 20% discount off a future cruise. (I was going to use this for my 2019 cruise, but ended up cancelling cruise due to work situation; voucher valid until end of July 2020.) 

I would definitely stay in a studio stateroom on a Royal Caribbean ship again.