Ships Anchored Off Shore

rjac

So, for those Royal ships that are anchored off shore do the staff and crew have to stay in their bunk room style cabins? Or does the ship Captains have pity on them and move them up to balcony cabins and let them enjoy the MDR, Windjammer  and bars? Or, do they come into port and disembark? I'm sure they all spend the better part of the day wearing out their arms with the "wax on wax off" routines of disinfecting everything and anything that does not move. And the entertainment performers????Curious. :27_sunglasses: 

16 minutes ago, rjac said:

So, for those Royal ships that are anchored off shore do the staff and crew have to stay in their bunk room style cabins? Or does the ship Captains have pity on them and move them up to balcony cabins and let them enjoy the MDR, Windjammer  and bars? Or, do they come into port and disembark? I'm sure they all spend the better part of the day wearing out their arms with the "wax on wax off" routines of disinfecting everything and anything that does not move. And the entertainment performers????Curious. :27_sunglasses: 

I went to get a coffee this am at Starbucks on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale & it was a ghost town. Normally this area is jam packed with crew members & I didn’t see a single person. The port is filled with ships & it seems the crew will be staying on them for the next 30 days (minimum). 

Ports are filling up. These are just a few that I checked on recently.

MIAMI: CARNIVAL HORIZON, SCARLET LADY, NORWEGIAN ENCORE & OCEANIA RIVIERA
3 SHIPS ANCHORED OFF SHORE MSC MERAVIGLIA & MSC SEASIDE MSC ARMONIA)

NASSAU: SERENADE OF THE SEAS, SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER, NORWEGIAN ESCAPE & CELEBRITY REFLECTION

COCO CAY: SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS, HARMONY OF THE SEAS IS HEADED TO COCO CAY

PORT CANAVERAL: MARINER OF THE SEAS, NORWEGIAN SUN, NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY, DISNEY DREAM, CARNIVAL BREEZE & CARNIVAL LIBERTY, DISNEY FANTASY ANCHORED OFF SHORE

PORT EVERGLADES: CELEBRITY SUMMIT, SILVER WIND, INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS, CARNIVAL SUNRISE & CROWN PRINCESS, ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS ANCHORED OFF SHORE

Something to keep in mind.  A cruise ship cannot “make” fresh water unless it is underway.  I’m sure they probably all have plenty of water, for now, but if they need to make fresh water, they will have to sail around.  So chances are these ships are going to have to move about, from time-to-time in order to make fresh water and reprovision.  It’ll be an interesting ballet to watch.

Anthem is also headed towards Coco Cay.

Majesty, of all things, is headed towards Gulfport, MS???

Rhapsody is anchored outside Tampa Bay

Looks like Adventure is anchored off FLL and Explorer is anchored off of Freeport

Vision is headed towards Barbados, Freedom, as we all know, is headed towards Miami, and Grandeur is expected to arrive in Baltimore tomorrow night

The lucky ship at the moment appears to be Allure because she's in drydock.

9 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Anthem is also headed towards Coco Cay.

Majesty, of all things, is headed towards Gulfport, MS???

Rhapsody is anchored outside Tampa Bay

Looks like Adventure is anchored off FLL and Explorer is anchored off of Freeport

Vision is headed towards Barbados, Freedom, as we all know, is headed towards Miami, and Grandeur is expected to arrive in Baltimore tomorrow night

The lucky ship at the moment appears to be Allure because she's in drydock.

Allure is not in dry dock. Currently at sea.

Screenshot_20200316-112133_Chrome.jpg

19 hours ago, rjac said:

I follow Corey Rogers on Facebook. He is currently the cruise director on Liberty. He posted that they are anchored 12 miles off the coast and that he is putting together activities for the crew. They are still putting on performances of Saturday Night Fever, the ice shows etc for the crew. He did not mention whether or not the crew get to stay in the guest accommodations while this pause is going on, but it does sound like they are doing their best to entertain the crew and make the most of their break.

As to the fresh water mentioned earlier, all the ships will have to move around.  They can't sit still for very long.  They need to move around or something starts to deteriorate.  So they will be able to continue to make water. 

I looked quickly for Paul Crow's post in the Insider group as to the hows and whys, but I couldn't grab it fast.  If I find it later I'll come back and copy and paste what he said.   

20 hours ago, rjac said:

Friend i know who works for Aida cruises is stuck onboard for next 30 days, crew are entertaining themselves by playing games and having parties