Future Cruise Credit Question

Yes, your taxes, ports fees and gratuities will be refunded directly to your credit card.  Probably within 5-7 biz days.  You are correct that the FCC can only be applied to the cruise fare, but between the deposit you must make on the new cruise and the already refunded taxes, etc, you will probably cover most, if not all, of the cost of the cruise.  It’s all a wash, really. You get it all back, one way or another.  The only bummer is that the cost of the replacement cruise is likely to be higher than the cancelled cruise was.

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, your taxes, ports fees and gratuities will be refunded directly to your credit card.  Probably within 5-7 biz days.  You are correct that the FCC can only be applied to the cruise fare, but between the deposit you must make on the new cruise and the already refunded taxes, etc, you will probably cover most, if not all, of the cost of the cruise.  It’s all a wash, really. You get it all back, one way or another.  The only bummer is that the cost of the replacement cruise is likely to be higher than the cancelled cruise was.

Yeah....we figured it would be. Especially since I promised the boys we would book one on Harmony. ? I figured this was the way it worked. Between that, and the other refunds from 3rd part excursions and such coming back to my card, should be fun to keep track of for my accountant...aka wife.  Thank you, as always, oh wise and generous @WAAAYTOOO

1 minute ago, SteveinSC said:

Yeah....we figured it would be. Especially since I promised the boys we would book one on Harmony. ? I figured this was the way it worked. Between that, and the other refunds from 3rd part excursions and such coming back to my card, should be fun to keep track of for my accountant...aka wife.  Thank you, as always, oh wise and generous @WAAAYTOOO

Welcome, as always. ??

This is all new to me, so just to clarify. If I spent say $5000 on my cruise for a family of 4 and lets say $500 of that is taxes and fees and $1000 was the deposit. If I take the Future Cruise Credit:

1.  I'll get a credit of $4500 + 25% = $5625?

2.  The $500 for taxes and fees will go back on my credit card?

3. Then when I want to book a new cruise, I still have to pay a new deposit for that? That does not seem right. I would think I should be able to apply the $5625 towards the deposit. If not it seems like I'll end paying more for the new cruise out of pocket. Will I be able to apply the credit of $5625 towards the taxes and fees on the new booking?

4. Also since my canceled cruise was for my family of 4, does that mean the credit is only good towards all 4 of us? What i mean is can I use the credit just for me and my wife?

Thanks

This is all new to me, so just to clarify. If I spent say $5000 on my cruise for a family of 4 and lets say $500 of that is taxes and fees and $1000 was the deposit. If I take the Future Cruise Credit:

1.  I'll get a credit of $4500 + 25% = $5625?  If those were the actual amounts then yes that would be the total FCC given; but the FCC is applied to each passenger and not split evenly.  Your fare could have been $1800, your wife could have been $1200, and the kids could have been $750 each.  So each person will receives their own FCC amount. 

2.  The $500 for taxes and fees will go back on my credit card?  Yes, the taxes and port fees automatically go back to your credit card. 

3. Then when I want to book a new cruise, I still have to pay a new deposit for that? That does not seem right. I would think I should be able to apply the $5625 towards the deposit. If not it seems like I'll end paying more for the new cruise out of pocket. Will I be able to apply the credit of $5625 towards the taxes and fees on the new booking?  Yes, you still need to lay out a deposit for the next booking. The deposits are needed to initiate the booking.  Keep in mind, the FCC is going to include the deposits from the cancelled cruise.  

4. Also since my canceled cruise was for my family of 4, does that mean the credit is only good towards all 4 of us? What i mean is can I use the credit just for me and my wife?  As I mentioned earlier, each of you will receive your own FCC amounts.  So you and your wife will be able to use only those amounts issued to your names.  The kids will have to sail in order to redeem theirs.  My TA said there was a way around it but I have no idea how that works.  

Thanks

I'm not the expert and someone will correct me if I'm wrong but this is the way I understand it to work

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sounds right to me.  I wasn't aware of a way around the kids' FCC.  It would be interesting to know about that...

When it happened to us I didn't want to fiddle with, plus I didn't think I had an option, so I had planned out another cruise to include all of us again.  

54 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sounds right to me.  I wasn't aware of a way around the kids' FCC.  It would be interesting to know about that...

Only way really around it is to pay the premium for a room with enough berths and plan to no show the kids.  If you luck into a good KSF offer then it works out even better provided passengers 1 and 2 aren't paying a ridiculous premium for being in a larger occupancy room.

• 2 years later...

So reading through the replies posted so far I think I am correct in saying that FCC does not include port taxes, fees, or pre-paid gratituties as the three amounts are recredited to the card which originally paid for them. Can you please confirm that this correct. The reason I am asking is because I have never received a refund and only today have I found out what my FCC amounts to in monetary terms. I am being asked to pay port taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities despite the fact that they were never refund. What I paid for my original cruise was applied to FCC in full. I now believe that is wrong.