Any truth to Explorer’s Amp being cancelled

Saw that Explorer’s Amp May be canceled. We are sailing September 27, which was after her spring Amp. On the Facebook page for the sailing the below was posted. Any truth to this? Guess it’s hard to spend oodles of money on a ship when no revenue is coming in. 

C275579A-9A5C-45D3-8272-CE4CCC90A533.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kathleen said:

That is good news. Fingers crossed ?? I was sad to read it might not happen. Was looking forward to a few of the new things happening.

6 hours ago, Kathleen said:

That is good news. Fingers crossed ?? I was sad to read it might not happen. Was looking forward to a few of the new things happening.

7 hours ago, Quilter620 said:

I just received notification from my chartered cruise group that the Explorer's amplification is going to continue as planned.

Hi , Do U know where that info came from?,  because the ports in Europe are closed for at least a month , and she has her 1st sailing in May , she was supposed to on her way over to France now , but still in Florida  at the moment .will there be ime for it to happen ?

6 minutes ago, Quilter620 said:

@TonyCornwall. I appoligize, my information may have been out of date with as quickly as things are changing. Someone from the STTC IV page posted that they received information from Royal Caribbean that the refit was still happening, but things may have changed. I'm waiting to hear an official response.

According to marinetraffic.com she's headed to Freeport.

3 hours ago, Quilter620 said:

@TonyCornwall. I appoligize, my information may have been out of date with as quickly as things are changing. Someone from the STTC IV page posted that they received information from Royal Caribbean that the refit was still happening, but things may have changed. I'm waiting to hear an official response.

If you get any updates would be much appreciated

I like the free sauna / steam room area , which will go with the amp , and have 2 weeks on her in July , so a delay in the amp being done I wouldn't mind  

Thats providing sailings go to plan 

3 hours ago, TonyCornwall said:

I spoke to Royal this morning about our Summer cruise on Explorer

Spoke to a agent , after enquiries 

Seems it will Not be having its amplification at this   time because of the virus ,

But then he did add 

"Things might change" ! ?

As someone meant to be going on it on May 27 -  2 cruises after the AMP - just another reason to cancel I guess,  if one was even needed.   

Sort of makes no sense thou,   apart from cost,  surely they want them off the water and being repaired etc  - staff planned to be on leave etc  - as that was planned and they wont be doing anything else seems strange to not use the time,  similar to airlines moving forward with heavy maintenance of grounded aircraft earlier.   

I guess it really shows how tight the cash is.   I will be aiming to get cash out if they do cancel not a FCC if I can avoid it  -  as I just sadly think I might end up a creditor if I leave it as a FCC. 

On 3/17/2020 at 12:30 AM, Meridian said:

As someone meant to be going on it on May 27 -  2 cruises after the AMP - just another reason to cancel I guess,  if one was even needed.   

Sort of makes no sense thou,   apart from cost,  surely they want them off the water and being repaired etc  - staff planned to be on leave etc  - as that was planned and they wont be doing anything else seems strange to not use the time,  similar to airlines moving forward with heavy maintenance of grounded aircraft earlier.   

I guess it really shows how tight the cash is.   I will be aiming to get cash out if they do cancel not a FCC if I can avoid it  -  as I just sadly think I might end up a creditor if I leave it as a FCC. 

Its not to do with cost 

The ships are not allowed to so into the European port to have the work done , all ships are being refused entry 

Spain and France have closed there boarders