I still have questions about dining package/specialty dinners

ahm4211

We're going on the Harmony in November and are thinking of doing specialty dinners at Wonderland, Chops and 150 Central Park.  We understand getting the 3-night dining package is a better deal but our worry is whether we'll be able to book the three restaurants once we're onboard.  In addition, will RC limit us as to which restaurants we could book with the dining package?

I believe I've read somewhere that there's a discount if we book 3 specialty restaurants (not as part of the dinner package) - am I correct?  Can you tell me the discount?  Will this be a better deal?  Or is the 3-night package still better?

I need some advice whether we should book the 3-night and take our chance of getting restaurants of our choice or book the three restaurants separately on cruise planner.

Thanks in advance!!

Amy 

I'm not sure if they'll continue the onboard discount for booking multiple nights in the specialty restaraunts now that they have the packages. In addition, I would think they'd hold some reservations back for people like you. The only other solution I can think of is to book the package and the individual restaraunts and cancel onboard if availability is lacking.

I booked the specialty dining package for my RCCL cruise in October 2015. I had no problem booking the steak house twice and another restaurant when I bought the 3 meal package. I asked the young lady that booked for me and she said I could use the 3 meals in the steak house only if that is what I wanted, now I wish I had. I would book them now, if you can get a discount. I believe the first day of the cruise there is a discount on the meal packages but I can't remember what it was. The first day onboard there were employees standing outside the restaurants taking your dining reservations and she booked for both restaurants.

Candie

I was wondering the same thing. I'm on Harmony end of May and have a 3 meal package. I want to go to Wonderland but on the the online planner they only seem to have space on 2 specific days left. Should book Wonderland separately now and cancel once on board if they have more availability or just 'chance it' and hope that the've held some resevation back?

• 1 month later...

Hi Soulboy,

What did you end up doing for the specialty dining on the Harmony cruise?  Did you buy the 3-night package?  Were you able to dine at Wonderland with the package? Which other restaurants did you go to?  

Would appreciate hearing your feedback and advice.

Thanks.

Amy 

• 2 weeks later...

Booking early is a plus as the times fill up fast.  You can book your reservation 60 - 75 days from your sailing.  Three nights will get you a 30% discount.  Don"t book a dinner while the ship is still in port.    Timing your dinner reservations around sunset is  a nice touch.  The food is always excellent as is the service.  The chefs table is excellent and it helps to be a wine drinker as you get a different type of wine with each course.  The food  is phenomenal.  Enjoy your cruise and dining. 

• 1 month later...

ive just booked a 3 night package for oasis in October, am I able to book the restaurants now or do I have to do it onboard?

A courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf in a pre-selected restaurant on day 1 or day 2.

Guests then can make additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/01/28/spotlight-royal-caribbean-dining-packages