Woo hoo we just got upgraded! Thank you MEI!

We were in a Central park view, the little window with view to Central park on Oasis for May 10th. I noticed the prices have dropped quite a bit. We were trying to go to a Central Park balcony because the price was 600 bucks cheaper than what we paid for the CP view cabin but they don't issue refunds or on board credit which is what I thought they'd do. So our TA thought that didn't make monetary sense so he got us into a ocean view balcony. MEI Travel is excellent by the way. John Ames is excellent!

Now we just have to hope more cruises don't get cancelled. Man am I excited!

5 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Its a ocean view balcony guarantee. Is this "guarantee" part to be worried about? Am i gonna be in like the worst part of the ship or in a really bad location on the ship? I mean I'm still happy but curious what that guarantee means.

there is no bad part of the ship. I've been in forward cabins, mid ship, aft, high, low, all ocean view balconies are great. 

5 minutes ago, loki007 said:

there is no bad part of the ship. I've been in forward cabins, mid ship, aft, high, low, all ocean view balconies are great. 

I agree, I don’t know of a bad ocean view balcony on Oasis class ships. In theory you could get whichever cabin no one else chooses, but it doesn’t necessarily work like that. Royal typically assigns a temporary cabin at the time of booking which ultimately may become your room. Try the Apple Wallet hack to see what that is. 

We have an ocean view balcony guarantee on Harmony next month (not yet cancelled). Our room ended up being the room next to our cabin from last August. We chose that room so we’re obviously happy. So crazy!

Wow, thanks for replies. I'm excited but overly with what is going on. The rug could be pulled out from under us any minute if the cancel more cruises. 

We typically like to be higher up in the ship and AFT but I guess we'll find out soon enough. What is the Apple wallet hack? I don't have an iPhone but my wife does.

You can use your android phone, just download an app that scans barcodes.

Go to one of your sail passes and scan the barcode on the pass. 

When you scan it, it will say "Unknown Format but here is the content of the scan."  

Last four-five digits are your room number, it would be separated by a hyphen 

We too are on the May 10th Allure sailing we have two GTY rooms.

We have two, looks like one is on deck 7 and the other is deck 12.

Sorry I can't explain the Apple wallet heck, I couldn't figure it out and I have a iPhone.

32 minutes ago, MicDay said:

When you scan it, it will say "Unknown Format but here is the content of the scan."  

Sorry I can't explain the Apple wallet heck, I couldn't figure it out and I have a iPhone.

Holy crap, a little complicated but I would like to try. Very, very cool. Thank you, I will try this. 

49 minutes ago, MicDay said:

OK, here is what I got but don't know what to do with the info. It says 247522101-GTY  What is that supposed to tell me if anything?

3 minutes ago, MicDay said:

They haven't assigned your stateroom yet, once they do the GTY will have a room number.  Keep checking.

Good Luck!!

Ok thanks. I thought that might be the case. I'll just keep checking and to be honest I'm not sure this sailing is gonna go on. I hope so but I doubt it.