Another FCC Question

APage

Hi everyone, sorry for another FCC question. The email from Royal says they're issuing 125% FCC for "total cruise fare paid." Does anyone know if that includes gratuities, taxes, fees and port expenses? Or are these items being refunded? These all fall under the "cruise fare" section of the receipt. But the fact that there's also a "cruise fare" line as well has me unsure. These also aren't mentioned in the description of what's being automatically refunded (amenities and packages).

Thanks for any help!

Just now, APage said:

Hi everyone, sorry for another FCC question. The email from Royal says they're issuing 125% FCC for "total cruise fare paid." Does anyone know if that includes gratuities, taxes, fees and port expenses? Or are these items being refunded? These all fall under the "cruise fare" section of the receipt. But the fact that there's also a "cruise fare" line as well has me unsure. These also aren't mentioned in the description of what's being automatically refunded (amenities and packages).

Thanks for any help!

If these latest FCC's follow the rules of previous FCC's, taxes, ports fees, gratuities and any cruise planner pre-purchases (packages, excursions, etc.) will be refunded to the original form of payment (your credit card).  The FCC only applies to cruise fare but it does include your down payment as well.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If these latest FCC's follow the rules of previous FCC's, taxes, ports fees, gratuities and any cruise planner pre-purchases (packages, excursions, etc.) will be refunded to the original form of payment (your credit card).  The FCC only applies to cruise fare but it does include your down payment as well.

Thanks for clarifying!

I’m going to walk through my example so I can get this right, with a few questions if anyone can help:

Paid $4300 total for the cruise

$590 of that total was tax

Considering that, here are a couple questions/comments:

1.  We would receive a cash/credit card refund for the tax, which would be $590.  

2.  Would the 125% FCC be applied to the $4300, or $4300 less the refunded taxes?

3. When we receive the FCC April 13, are we only able to use the FCC  to book directly through Royal, or can we use a travel agent?

4.  I know that if we rebook before we receive the FCC, we can’t apply it to the deposit we already paid, but if we book once we have the FCC,  could we just apply it to the trip without having to do a cash deposit (provided the cost of new cruise doesn’t exceed the FCC).  If so, the only money we would need to pay would be the taxes.  Do I have that correct?

Don’t want to be out more cash (especially since I’m now in Florida and trying to make a vacation out of it with the kids so unexpected costs now this week).  Too bad because I would like to rebook for August right now  but would need to pay a deposit that the FCC wouldn’t cover after the fact.

Thanks for any help 

34 minutes ago, ebeck88 said:

2.  Would the 125% FCC be applied to the $4300, or $4300 less the refunded taxes?

The 125% will be based on the cruise fare, so should be $4300 less the taxes.

35 minutes ago, ebeck88 said:

3. When we receive the FCC April 13, are we only able to use the FCC  to book directly through Royal, or can we use a travel agent?

When it is issued that FCC belongs to you.  You can book direct or tell your TA you want to use it and have them assist you.  If your TA says they can do it, find a TA that can!  Some Big Box places may not want to deal with the FCC.

36 minutes ago, ebeck88 said:

4.  I know that if we rebook before we receive the FCC, we can’t apply it to the deposit we already paid, but if we book once we have the FCC,  could we just apply it to the trip without having to do a cash deposit (provided the cost of new cruise doesn’t exceed the FCC).  If so, the only money we would need to pay would be the taxes.  Do I have that correct?

No..you have to put down a deposit.  There has to be a booking created to apply the FCC towards.  You front the money for the deposit and then the FCC gets applied to the rest of the cruise fare.  You will get the remaining FCC issued as another FCC to use towards another cruise.

16 minutes ago, ebeck88 said:

Thanks so much for the information.  Sucks that it’s another deposit but will do what we have to.  Does anyone have a real good agency they would suggest that was good to deal with as far as an FCC is concerned?

The blog and the messageboards are sponsored by MEI travel and they come highly recommended.  

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The 125% will be based on the cruise fare, so should be $4300 less the taxes.

When it is issued that FCC belongs to you.  You can book direct or tell your TA you want to use it and have them assist you.  If your TA says they can do it, find a TA that can!  Some Big Box places may not want to deal with the FCC.

No..you have to put down a deposit.  There has to be a booking created to apply the FCC towards.  You front the money for the deposit and then the FCC gets applied to the rest of the cruise fare.  You will get the remaining FCC issued as another FCC to use towards another cruise.

?? Thumbs up...this needed for those that still unsure how the new temporary policy applies...have seen a lot of confusion regarding this process...

Great question/example ebeck88. ?