Interesting to watch

I think it will be interesting to watch where the cruise lines keep all this ships for the next month.  The Saturday cruises should all be home today.  They will have to be moved to allow the arrival of the Sunday ships as well as all the 3 and 4 nighters that will be coming in starting Monday.  Just off shore maybe?

I would assume there will be a deep cleaning over the next month.

It will be some sight for sure! I guess the ships will unload passengers, some crew/personnel, garbage, extra supplies, etc., and then anchor off shore temporarily, then move closer to the port and drop anchor since they can’t all dock.

I would think they would use this time to thoroughly sanitize and then do cosmetic repairs above the waterline and onboard while out of service. Let’s hope this doesn’t extend into May!

30 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

It will be some sight for sure! I guess the ships will unload passengers, some crew/personnel, garbage, extra supplies, etc., and then anchor off shore temporarily, then move closer to the port and drop anchor since they can’t all dock.

I would think they would use this time to thoroughly sanitize and then do cosmetic repairs above the waterline and onboard while out of service. Let’s hope this doesn’t extend into May!

There will be a ton of ships in the immediate vicinity of Miami, Port Everglades, and Port Canaveral.

I agree about not extending into May.  We already rebooked our trip (for June) on the Carnival Breeze that was supposed to be March 21.

3 hours ago, RCVoyager said:

I think it will be interesting to watch where the cruise lines keep all this ships for the next month.  The Saturday cruises should all be home today.  They will have to be moved to allow the arrival of the Sunday ships as well as all the 3 and 4 nighters that will be coming in starting Monday.  Just off shore maybe?

I would assume there will be a deep cleaning over the next month.

Interesting indeed....I just figured a number of them will just be out, in the great open seas, sailing to nowhere, cleaning & sanitizing, making pit stops whenever needed, until further notice.

It looks like @CHRIS WONG just posted a new vlog with a little insight from his perspective as an RC crew member on Oasis of the Seas... he stated all 2,000 or so crew are remaining onboard the next 30 days, but they do not have details/schedules as to what they will be doing just yet. They are still at sea completing the current sailing (recorded yesterday).

He's going to try to post something every day with some sort of update from his perspective... I'm assuming they will pop up on his running thread here on the forum.

7 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

The local news here in Jacksonville said that three cruise ships will be docked at Jaxport.  There is only one Carnival ship that docks there on Mondays and Thursdays on a regular basis.

I wonder where they're docking them.  The Jacksonville cruise terminal isn't big at all and I think the bridge they have to go under has a pretty low clearance so it would be only teeny ships ala Carnival Ecstacy or Fascination.

20 hours ago, Brobbins246 said:

Cruisemapper.com is a good site for seeing where all the ships are for all cruise lines on an online map.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/

Hey Brobbins.  A big thank you for pointing out cruise mapper.  I have been using marine tracker for years, and I still will do so for certain things, but I really like cruise mapper too.

10 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I wonder where they're docking them.  The Jacksonville cruise terminal isn't big at all and I think the bridge they have to go under has a pretty low clearance so it would be only teeny ships ala Carnival Ecstacy or Fascination.

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20200314/coronavirus-jaxport-makes-room-for-3-more-cruise-ships

1 hour ago, RCVoyager said:

Hey Brobbins.  A big thank you for pointing out cruise mapper.  I have been using marine tracker for years, and I still will do so for certain things, but I really like cruise mapper too.

You're welcome!  The desktop site seems to have more features than viewing it from a phone, like you can filter on the cruiselines.  Just a little tip if you didn't notice that yet.