Anyone Get Email for FCC 125% and Already Cancelled?

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Since you already know what you want to book, have you considered going ahead and booking it now and applying the FCC later, once you receive it ?  I would be afraid that prices are just going to go up, up, up especially once the FCC’s are delivered.  As long as you book a fully refundable deposit, you can’t really make a mistake. 

I did think about that and it is likely what I will end up doing.

It is the same cruise as I was planned for in March pushed off until December, however it is showing non-refundable deposit.

My concern with booking now is if I happen to get the 125% cruise credit, the cruise will cost less than my FCC if I pay the deposit out of pocket now. I wonder if I book now and that does happen, could I call RC and upgrade from an Interior room to a Oceanview or balcony room with the FCC that is left over? Anybody know?

Also, when I apply the FCC, can the FCC cover the port fees etc? Or only the bare price of the room? 

19 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

My guess is they are assuming COVID19 will no longer be a concern on April 13th, which will raise cruise prices by at least 25% as people won't be worried anymore and will start booking cruises again. If that happens, it will be a wash and they really won't be missing out on anything by offering the extra percentage. 

I have the cruise I want to rebook with planned out, at this point just waiting for the FCC. I will calculate the percentage increase on April 13th from now just to see if that is what happens. 

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Since you already know what you want to book, have you considered going ahead and booking it now and applying the FCC later, once you receive it ?  I would be afraid that prices are just going to go up, up, up especially once the FCC’s are delivered.  As long as you book a fully refundable deposit, you can’t really make a mistake. 

This is what we did. We put down the deposit for a cruise on Oasis in July and even got a better room. We will apply the FCC after it has been issued to that cruise.

7 minutes ago, KyleW2 said:

My guess is they are assuming COVID19 will no longer be a concern on April 13th, which will raise cruise prices by at least 25% as people won't be worried anymore and will start booking cruises again. If that happens, it will be a wash and they really won't be missing out on anything by offering the extra percentage. 

Not sure.  Some new to cruise have been scared away because of the overblown media.  New to cruise is often 50% or more of many sailings.  it will take a while for them to forget while experienced cruisers will return faster.

On the other hand they are losing billions right now so they will to look for opportunities to make money.

It’s certainly going to be interesting and a little volatile over the next couple of years. Royal, and the rest of the industry, is in a very tough spot for sure.

They will feel the need to try to recover some of the lost revenue quickly. If they go too far with pricing increases, not only will they lose the new cruisers, but they risk losing some of the more experienced cruisers in the short term.  A no win situation.

3 hours ago, KyleW2 said:

My concern with booking now is if I happen to get the 125% cruise credit, the cruise will cost less than my FCC if I pay the deposit out of pocket now. I wonder if I book now and that does happen, could I call RC and upgrade from an Interior room to a Oceanview or balcony room with the FCC that is left over? Anybody know?

If you've paid the deposit and then you apply the FCC to what you have remaining of the cruisefare, it will refund you the excess deposit that you paid.  The deposit will then go to pay the port fees and taxes before Royal issues you a credit to your form of payment. 

The FCC will not be applied to the port fees/taxes but rather it will replace your deposit and the deposit will go to that.  

If your FCC is more than your cruisefare (including deposit but NOT port taxes) then a FCC for the remainder will be issued after you sail.

So if you can deal with Royal holding onto the money you put down for deposit, my suggestion is to play the repricing or upgrade game before applying the FCC.  Then once you hit the 90-day payment then apply the FCC.  

As a different slant on this issue, I was due to sail on Anthem, transatlantic, on the 12th April. However, as I am a UK citizen and living in the UK, I am no longer allowed to enter the USA. Even if I could get to embarkation, Royal would refuse an attempt to board the ship as I would have been in the UK in the previous 15 days. So, my cruise cannot happen regardless of whether I choose to cancel or not. The decision is not in my hands. I have no idea if I would qualify, in these circumstances, for a refund or 125% FCC as I have not seen any communication that addresses this. I will hold off of initiating a formal cancellation under the Cruise with Confidence programme until I have a better understanding of this specific situation.

I would be interested in discovering if anyone else is in a similar situation.

Okay, so I still have not received my FCC. Decided to reach out to Royal Caribbean via DM on Twitter. I told them I cancelled over the phone, however received the 125% cancellation email and was curious what I was entitled to. Keep in mind they have been telling people on their social media now that anybody who cancels is not entitled.

According to the message back, my cancellation had not gone through before they announced the 125% credit, thus I am eligible for the 125% credit.

Exact wording: "Your reservation canceled after we announced the global operation suspension so you are entitled to a 125% Future Cruise Certificate or a lower-value refund". 

9 hours ago, KyleW2 said:

According to the message back, my cancellation had not gone through before they announced the 125% credit, thus I am eligible for the 125% credit.

Exact wording: "Your reservation canceled after we announced the global operation suspension so you are entitled to a 125% Future Cruise Certificate or a lower-value refund".

Curious minds want to know, when exactly did you cancel? 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Curious minds want to know, when exactly did you cancel? 

I called Wednesday 3/11/20, called to confirm 3/12/20 and confirmed via Facebook messenger 3/13/20. 

I received my refund for the drink packages and wifi on 3/15/20, which is after they made the announcement, which is why I was curious if they ever actually got my cancellation put through. 

Finger crossed. Our cruise was scheduled on 03/15.

On 03/09 Monday, called costcotravel to cancel and received the cancellation email from costcotravel.

On 03/10, received email from RCCL for "ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS", which did not mention cancellation. Only informed something about travel regulations.

But, when login https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/, it always showed "You have 1 upcoming cruise".

I called RCCL directly on 03/12. The CSR told me that the cancellation was processed on the back-end (not sure how it works). 

On 03/13, received email from RCCL which indicated "Regrettably, we will need to cancel your upcoming Oasis of the Seas March 15, 2020 cruise. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020” and "As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021".

Again, until today, when login, it still showed "You have 1 upcoming cruise". So I am not sure if the cancellation went through before the 125% FCC policy was kicked in.

2 hours ago, aberfoylespring said:

Finger crossed. Our cruise was scheduled on 03/15.

On 03/09 Monday, called costcotravel to cancel and received the cancellation email from costcotravel.

On 03/10, received email from RCCL for "ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS", which did not mention cancellation. Only informed something about travel regulations.

But, when login https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/, it always showed "You have 1 upcoming cruise".

I called RCCL directly on 03/12. The CSR told me that the cancellation was processed on the back-end (not sure how it works). 

On 03/13, received email from RCCL which indicated "Regrettably, we will need to cancel your upcoming Oasis of the Seas March 15, 2020 cruise. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020” and "As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021".

Again, until today, when login, it still showed "You have 1 upcoming cruise". So I am not sure if the cancellation went through before the 125% FCC policy was kicked in.

Similar situation.  It took a few days for the cruise to disappear on cruise planner...and also got the subsequent emails.  

Still waiting to receive the FCC but expecting the 100% and not 125%.  Will see...

On 3/15/2020 at 7:46 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Neesa Wow! Thanks for the encouragement. I have tossed around the idea of sending something but I wouldn’t even know who to send it to. Any ideas? Currently, I have taken my fight to social media. 

Richard Fain is the CEO

Guest_relations@rccl.com

mbayley@rccl.com

richardfain@rccl.com

We were suppose to cruise with RCC in May but just got email that they were extending the suspension until after our cruise. It said that we can either get 100% refund or 125% FCC. My question is if we choose the fcc and our next sailing is cheaper, will the balance be obc that can be applied for beverage package or excursions? Or will it only apply to another sailing?

We have canceled our cruise of the 19 April two weeks ago and we are still waiting for our fcc of the cruise value . Now we find out that the cruise will be canceled by royal Caribbean and offer refund or 125% fcc. Am I screwed here because I am loosing 25 %?? Should I call royal to protest? I'm loosing 500 $ here. 

Also another point is why would they do a price adjustment before final payment and not give us a 25% extra credit. I feel screwed because we have decided to rebook next year and I feel like our loyalty is not enough. I feel like we are punished for having cancelled 

Just received a cancellation notice from RC that our June 5 Alaskan cruise out of Seattle has been cancelled. While RC now plans on May 12 as their official sail date extension, the port of Seattle will not be open for business until July 1. Luckily, we'll get the 125% FCC so we'll just reschedule it for another time. Sad thing is that there was a huge price drop for our cruise that my travel agent was about to pounce on right before the announcement...oh well.