Anyone Get Email for FCC 125% and Already Cancelled?

I'm a bit confused.  Our cruise was scheduled for tomorrow on 3/15.  Thus, the 48 hour mark was Thursday midnight.  We cancelled Tues. 

The only email I got at the time was for cancelled excursions. Later that evening I even got a regular cruise invoice with we the email "hope you enjoy your upcoming travel" comments, etc.  But received no email or anything for the FCC notice.

Then last night I got an email about them cancelling our cruise and we can either get FCC for 125% or a full refund.

Since we cancelled two days before the 48 hr "Royal with Confidence"' mark, is this just a Royal IT screw-up?  Or are they also offering 125% to anyone who cancelled for a cruise cancelled in the 30 days (or cancelled close to the sailing)?  Anyone else in same scenario?

7 minutes ago, Allen2 said:

Important question!  We cancelled earlier this week, but would have been much better off with this current offer.  How will Royal treat us?

Same...but I also got the email yesterday about 125% FCC.  Did you get any email?  When is your cruise?  I'm guessing it's a mistake and grateful Royal modified their policy to let everyone cancel up to 48hrs before , but just wondering.

I want to say that since the processing of cancellations is so backlogged that they hadn't processed your cancellation in whatever system the auto-generated email used to create their mailing list.  

Now what that means when it comes to what compensation you will ultimately receive I can't say.  They are saying the 125% FCC will be automatically issued April 13.  I would imagine if you had already canceled it will show you as canceled by that time and you shouldn't expect more than the Cruise with Confidence  cancellation FCC.

Yes me!!   @WannaCruiseI am currently trying to find out the same thing, if I get back 125%.  I was sailing 03/15 like you and cancelled on Tuesday.  The additional 25% is significant so I would go a long way...and I never got the email from them yesterday.  I only got my cruise planner cancellations on Wednesday.

45 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I want to say that since the processing of cancellations is so backlogged that they hadn't processed your cancellation in whatever system the auto-generated email used to create their mailing list.  

Now what that means when it comes to what compensation you will ultimately receive I can't say.  They are saying the 125% FCC will be automatically issued April 13.  I would imagine if you had already canceled it will show you as canceled by that time and you shouldn't expect more than the Cruise with Confidence  cancellation FCC.

This is what I"m thinking....that the cruise cancellation is backlogged and so the cancellation wasn't processed yet.  Our cruise only disappeared from cruise planner yesterday even though we cancelled on Tuesday.

Not being greedy, but if they offer the additional 25% we'll gladly take it.  It would at least help for the higher price for our re-booking.

43 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes me!!   @WannaCruiseI am currently trying to find out the same thing, if I get back 125%.  I was sailing 03/15 like you and cancelled on Tuesday.  The additional 25% is significant so I would go a long way...and I never got the email from them yesterday.  I only got my cruise planner cancellations on Wednesday.

Seems like we're not the only ones.  You have the exact same date of cruise...and date you cancelled as us.  Let me know if you find out anything.  Fingers crossed. ?

1 minute ago, WannaCruise said:

This is what I"m thinking....that the cruise cancellation is backlogged and so the cancellation wasn't processed yet.  Our cruise only disappeared from cruise planner yesterday even though we cancelled on Tuesday.

Not being greedy, but if they offer the additional 25% we'll gladly take it.  It would at least help for the higher price for our re-booking.

Seems like we're not the only ones.  You have the exact same date of cruise...and date you cancelled as us.  Let me know if you find out anything.  Fingers crossed. ?

There are many people on my roll call group saying that the 125% applies to all bookings within that time frame, including those that cancelled a few days early like us.  They all have confirmation from their TAs supposedly.  Again, hearsay, but something for you to go on.

10 minutes ago, JRhoades73 said:

I called and after a hour in a half on hold, they said because I canceled with the  Extended “Cruise with Confidence” program.  They will only honor the offer to the people who did not cancel. Mine falls under the Cruise with Confidence offer so no extra 25% for me. 

Update:  This is frustrating as there are people on my roll call page saying that they just spoke to Royal this morning and they are getting the 125% FCC even though they cancelled earlier this week.  I am still waiting for word back on mine...

Does anyone know how the following works with regard to FCC and Travel Insurance purchased with RCCL?

Our NFD was $750 and our travel insurance was $597. 

If I take the refund, we will get this money back as well? 

If I take the FCC, will I get credit for these two amounts?

Edited:  I see the NRD will be returned in a voucher.  But I can't find anything about the insurance.  Does anyone know?

Edited by Cruise Queen 44 * Diamond

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

+1. I'm not holding my breath on this. I think we will get the FCC sans the +25%.

Ok update...so you all know that I am Loyal to Royal but this latest stunt has me a bit disappointed. I just posted this on their FB page and I will post it here too.  Some of you might not agree with me on this one and that’s ok, however, this one situation does not sit right with me and I felt like I needed to say something more this time.  

“Royal Caribbean International really disappointed by your handling of this whole FCC situation. As a loyal to Royal cruiser for 18 years, I am appalled that you made an exception and granted 125% FCC for those who cancelled earlier this week under “Cruise with Confidence”, and then pulled it later on during the day today. I fully understand how difficult the situation is for everyone but my issue is that you did not apply the same situation for all. You confirmed that you would, then you back tracked, and then you deleted the post on Instagram confirming that you would, and then you admit your mistake and still won’t do right by those who at always loyal to you. Please do the right thing here Royal.”

Then I posted these screenshots to go with it: 

BF373574-BB07-4B10-A7F5-89A50935D082.thumb.jpeg.93a986b3e8bc3f3203611545020a1a14.jpegBB574E87-A5CC-44D3-8B2D-46FCD999618E.thumb.png.291d6fbd879bf6fc71f3a1b1c3b07662.png

626C3448-2618-4E6F-B5B5-8C93B47C5073.thumb.png.429153893a0a9f63956f6722cbfe90a1.png

43 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So, do you know for sure now that you will NOT get the 125% ?

Not 100% sure as no FCC was issued yet, but they have told me through FB messenger that they would but budge on it. They gave me the run around. Initially,  they assured me that no one was who cancelled under “Cruise with Confidence” received the 125% and then when I provided the screen shots, they deleted the IG post that I got it from. Then they messaged me back the following message:

A23F69F8-C5CC-4A44-AA72-3E2F39727444.thumb.png.f4675bf405f6e90c420eef523eb44a06.png

So basically, they made the exception for some people, then decided to pull it, then when confronted about it they tried to cover it, then when confronted back with proof they tried to cover it up by deleting their post, and finally they admit they messed up but they still won’t budge. Again, I would totally be ok with it if they just remained consistent. But my whole issue is that they made the exception for some and not for others. That part is not sitting right with me. 

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not 100% sure as no FCC was issued yet, but they have told me through FB messenger that they would but budge on it. They gave me the run around. Initially,  they assured me that no one was who cancelled under “Cruise with Confidence” received the 125% and then when I provided the screen shots, they deleted the IG post that I got it from. Then they messaged me back the following message:

A23F69F8-C5CC-4A44-AA72-3E2F39727444.thumb.png.f4675bf405f6e90c420eef523eb44a06.png

So basically, they made the exception for some people, then decided to pull it, then when confronted about it they tried to cover it, then when confronted back with proof they tried to cover it up by deleting their post, and finally they admit they messed up but they still won’t budge. Again, I would totally be ok with it if they just remained consistent. But my whole issue is that they made the exception for some and not for others. That part is not sitting right with me. 

That’s not fair at all! They don’t take into account that you have another 7 sailings with them? How does that effect your future business with them? Hope you get the 125% FCC in the end.

Wow Sabrina.  Thanks for sharing.  I agree...totally unfair, and good for you having proof that they honored some but not others.  When they say it's due to human error, I assume they mean by the incorrect responses on FB.  It seems like another IT mess up where system B (sending emails of 125%) doesn't know about system A (cancellation).  I agree...either everyone should get 100% FCC or everyone should get 125%.

P.S. - Right now we "should be" getting ready to port in another couple hours. So sad....

3 hours ago, 12thman said:

That’s not fair at all! They don’t take into account that you have another 7 sailings with them? How does that effect your future business with them? Hope you get the 125% FCC in the end.

Trust me, I have plated every card I know. I have now taken the fight to social media. For me, it’s more about the principle of the matter now. 

42 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Wow Sabrina.  Thanks for sharing.  I agree...totally unfair, and good for you having proof that they honored some but not others.  When they say it's due to human error, I assume they mean by the incorrect responses on FB.  It seems like another IT mess up where system B (sending emails of 125%) doesn't know about system A (cancellation).  I agree...either everyone should get 100% FCC or everyone should get 125%.

Yes and if it was just that, I would have zero issue with it. But the fact that they did it for some at first, then gave a corporate Executive order to stop yesterday afternoon, then tried to cover it up, makes me very disappointed (for the first time ever) in Royal. 

@Lovetocruise2002, Ugh I am frustrated for you! Your loyalty to them is boundless. You always support them and educate everyone here on the positives and the joy not only by words but acts. I personally would put all of your information together including especially your undying loyalty affirming all of you sailings and send it certified mail to the CEO or someone much higher up. Don't stop here, a strong worded, non emotional, fact driven communication may do the trick. Important you send so they realize they know YOU know they have received it. Not right away because of this mess but the squeakier the wheel usually gets their attention. I can't imagine the higher ups would have a 25% FCC problem, really?? Gees!!

Something similar happened to me at a "make it right" Hilton property who I was very loyal to. I was relentless because you can't say such things and then just ignore...it took 5 months but you know what the CEO or his assistant at least knew my name and I was made whole, nothing extra but that was not what I was looking for. Please keep at it, deep breath and forge ahead, I have difficulty believing board members and those who care about the brand would agree with the handling of this, I could be wrong but it doesn't hurt to try. IT.IS.THE.POINT. Good luck, Denise (I am rooting for YOU)

@Lovetocruise2002 Hi Sabrina! Keep fighting! 

This sounds all too familiar and typical of Royal CS these days. It sounds similar to the way they handled the DBP debacle. Yes, we’ll honor, no we can’t. OK, we’ll honor it... and likely only after they thought about the bad PR ramifications.

Obviously, the CS management needs to learn how to effectively communicate to the CS reps so they are all on the same page from the start!

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ok update...so you all know that I am Loyal to Royal but this latest stunt has me a bit disappointed. I just posted this on their FB page and I will post it here too.  Some of you might not agree with me on this one and that’s ok, however, this one situation does not sit right with me and I felt like I needed to say something more this time.  

“Royal Caribbean International really disappointed by your handling of this whole FCC situation. As a loyal to Royal cruiser for 18 years, I am appalled that you made an exception and granted 125% FCC for those who cancelled earlier this week under “Cruise with Confidence”, and then pulled it later on during the day today. I fully understand how difficult the situation is for everyone but my issue is that you did not apply the same situation for all. You confirmed that you would, then you back tracked, and then you deleted the post on Instagram confirming that you would, and then you admit your mistake and still won’t do right by those who at always loyal to you. Please do the right thing here Royal.”

Then I posted these screenshots to go with it: 

Life in the age of social media.  I think the challenge is the screenshots shows one exchange between a specific customer and one employee.   Royal as a company didn't post it as an official communication.  So the question is if the company should be held accountable for hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions for the mistake of one employee?  Lawyers feel free to weigh in.  

I'm facing the same challenge coming at me.  Sailing April 12 is a transatlantic to the UK and outside the window of when they have posted they are shut down.  I'm after final so consequently the only option to cancel right now is the Cruise with Confidence program.  My gut says the shut down will extend beyond April 12 as I just don't see North America getting back to normal by that time.  Our COVID-19 peak and the peak in the UK has yet to come.  So I'm in a holding pattern to cancel thinking the anticipated Royal cancelation may yield better terms.  At some point I'll need to pull the trigger like you did.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Life in the age of social media.  I think the challenge is the screenshots shows one exchange between a specific customer and one employee.   Royal as a company didn't post it as an official communication.  So the question is if the company should be held accountable for hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions for the mistake of one employee?  Lawyers feel free to weigh in.  

It’s not just one exchange. When my TA called Friday night they were told to call back in the morning. This was documented on my reservation that we made initial contact. She called back in the morning, and then was put on hold for hours. Meanwhile, people on IG and FB are reporting that they did get back the 125% even after cancelling under Cruise with Confidence. By the time my agent got on with them, they told her specifically that they did do it up until 2pm when corporate sent out an executive order for them to stop. Then they tried to cover it up.  This is the part I have issue with. 

You all know I love Royal and I rarely take issue with them. I would be more than ok with it if they in fact just stuck with the rule in the first place. But to extend and then take it back is wrong and disappointing. 

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm facing the same challenge coming at me.  Sailing April 12 is a transatlantic to the UK and outside the window of when they have posted they are shut down.  I'm after final so consequently the only option to cancel right now is the Cruise with Confidence program. 

Resist !  Don't cancel !!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Resist !  Don't cancel !!!!!!!

International travel in the days when our administration puts in travel bans on a few days notice isn't so wise.  If you are on a 12 night cruise and a ban goes into halfway through you are done.

I honestly believe Trump's original idea was to ban everyone coming from Europe but later someone probably pointed out that wouldn't work out so well for him so he relented and allowed Americans to be exempt.  Next time?  Maybe not.  

Round trip cruising out of North America will be fine when it reopens.  Americans should avoid going overseas for a while, maybe even the rest of 2020.    By that I mean Europe, Asia, Australia, UK, etc. 

Has anyone actually gotten the promised 125% FCC though or even the 100% for canceling on their own?  I don't think this is a fight worth wasting time on til the FCC actually gets issued.  They may not honor what they said to those folks that canceled on their own.  We don't know yet.  

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Has anyone actually gotten the promised 125% FCC though or even the 100% for canceling on their own?  I don't think this is a fight worth wasting time on til the FCC actually gets issued.  They may not honor what they said to those folks that canceled on their own.  We don't know yet.  

The 125% FCC won't be available until April 13th, 2020. The 100% cancelation will be received after you cancel per RC.

Just now, CowboyMedic said:

The 125% FCC won't be available until April 13th, 2020. The 100% cancelation will be received after you cancel per RC.

That’s interesting. I had not read that before.  Kinda sucks for people who want to reschedule and use the FCC.  Thanks for providing that info.

1 minute ago, CowboyMedic said:

Supposedly. I canceled Wednesday and have not received anything yet.

I received the email on Friday stating the 125% FCC. However, I "cancelled" on Wednesday but did not receive notice about my cruise planner purchases being refunded until yesterday - if it was instant like RC told me on the phone, it should have came through the day I cancelled or the next day. This leads me to believe that my cruise was never in fact canceled on Wednesday whenever I called - so maybe I will get lucky and end up with the 125% credit. Time will tell on that.

What frustrates me is they messed up and rather than accept it and pay out for their mistakes, they are just going to say "Sorry! Hope to see you again!". I understand I cancelled early, that's fine, but don't promise something and then go back on your word. That is poor customer relations and if they think it will just blow over and not upset their customers they are mistaken.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That’s interesting. I had not read that before.  Kinda sucks for people who want to reschedule and use the FCC.  Thanks for providing that info.

Here is the email that I got from RC.

Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re sure you’ve been monitoring the news regarding COVID-19. This situation remains quite fluid, and we all continue to assess the impact and monitor the number of cases around the world. And while there are still a lot of unknowns related to COVID-19, we do know it presents the most serious health risks to older individuals, the immunocompromised, and those with serious underlying medical conditions.

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is our top priority. As a result, we are suspending operations for sailings that depart from US ports (including Puerto Rico) effective at midnight tonight, March 14th. Regrettably, we will need to cancel your upcoming Adventure of the Seas March 14, 2020 cruise. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020.

Knowing this situation is ever-changing, we want to provide you with some options. As we know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next cruise vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of both our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. And, when it’s determined that the time is right, we’ll be ready to welcome you back.

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.

• This amount will be based on of your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 13th, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!

• Please know, if you pre-purchased any amenities and packages – like internet, beverage, dining, or RoyalUp Upgrade, those will be automatically refunded.

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You do not need to request your refund until December 31, 2021.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.

• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

And, if you purchased air or hotel…

• via Royal Caribbean, these will also be automatically refunded to you. 

• on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them. 

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

• 1-800-754-500 in Australia

• 1-800-256-6649 in the U.S. or Canada

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My guess is they are assuming COVID19 will no longer be a concern on April 13th, which will raise cruise prices by at least 25% as people won't be worried anymore and will start booking cruises again. If that happens, it will be a wash and they really won't be missing out on anything by offering the extra percentage. 

I have the cruise I want to rebook with planned out, at this point just waiting for the FCC. I will calculate the percentage increase on April 13th from now just to see if that is what happens. 

1 minute ago, KyleW2 said:

My guess is they are assuming COVID19 will no longer be a concern on April 13th, which will raise cruise prices by at least 25% as people won't be worried anymore and will start booking cruises again. If that happens, it will be a wash and they really won't be missing out on anything by offering the extra percentage. 

I have the cruise I want to rebook with planned out, at this point just waiting for the FCC. I will calculate the percentage increase on April 13th from now just to see if that is what happens. 

Since you already know what you want to book, have you considered going ahead and booking it now and applying the FCC later, once you receive it ?  I would be afraid that prices are just going to go up, up, up especially once the FCC’s are delivered.  As long as you book a fully refundable deposit, you can’t really make a mistake.