Royal visa

I called Royal Visa a couple of weeks ago, before all this mess started, and asked them if they could add my points back to my account.  They told me that they don't add the points back to your account but any unused OBC's would be refunded by mail. 

Once you redeem the points, I guess the credit card company treats the benefit like cash.  I have a $100 OBC from our cruise that was cancelled so I suspect, I will get a check in the mail within the next 30-60 days.

7 hours ago, Cruise Queen 44 * Diamond said:

Once you redeem the points, I guess the credit card company treats the benefit like cash.

Yes, this is exactly right. And not only that, but cash that's been paid out. Not sure if you'll get a check or if Royal will just credit the money back to a card on file for the booking, similar to what they do with refundable OBC that was not spent while on board. Probably will depend on whether you booked through a TA (who would have whatever credit card you used for payment) or directly through Royal.