Now it gets real

Finally under 100 days for our trip on Allure of the Seas. Getting my usual pre cruise check list together. Any suggestions are helpful to help my memory because I usually end up forgetting something.

Flights booked

Hotel book with airport transfer to hotel and to port

Free shows and character breakfast booked

Finally under 100 days for our trip on Allure of the Seas. Getting my usual pre cruise check list together. Any suggestions are helpful to help my memory because I usually end up forgetting something.

Flights booked

Hotel book with airport transfer to hotel and to port

Free shows and character breakfast booked

Clean underwear?

:P

• Ensure your passports are valid for at least 6 months after your departure date

Travel insurance (if you so choose) 

Set a reminder to keep checking the site in the event of a target promotion (such as the 20% off bev packages some have seen)

Notify CC companies and/or banks that you'll be traveling when/where

Stop your mail, newspaper, etc (may have to wait until 90 days out)

• How are you getting to/from the airport (from home) ?

Prescription medicine - enough to last through the cruise and until you get home ?

Power strip WITHOUT surge protector ?  ...BTW, they're pretty hard to find...and RCI is starting to crack down on the ones with surge protectors

Collapsible clothes basket/hamper ?

Water shoes if you have any beach activities planned - particularly Labadee

• How are you getting to/from the airport (from home) ?
  • Prescription medicine - enough to last through the cruise and until you get home ?
  • Power strip WITHOUT surge protector ?  ...BTW, they're pretty hard to find...and RCI is starting to crack down on the ones with surge protectors
  • Collapsible clothes basket/hamper ?
  • Water shoes if you have any beach activities planned - particularly Labadee

These work great. No cord, plugs straight into the outlet

post-480-0-16024500-1462311452_thumb.jpg

These are great suggestions

Underwear check

Adding bath to the list

Didn't think about power strip though I found plug with multiple USB plugs (4) from idea. The only actual thing that uses outlet is my camera battery charger but I am debating using my cellphone for all photos again. Worked great last trip.

Need to arrange transportation back to airport pre cruise transportation is a check

Passports don't expire until 2018 but to be safe I will go check.

Is lababdee rocky?

I bought one of those, but it gets quite warm and buzzes a bit, so I didn't take it with us.  Does yours buzz as well?

No buzzing or getting warm? I know there are several brands that make this type of device. This one has worked great for us.

I always take my Halo Cell Phone Charger. I bought four of them on QVC, one for me and three for Xmas gifts. You charge them at home once and it holds a charge for about 3 months. It has the adapters for any phone, tablet or laptop and when I am on a plane, in an airport or on a cruise it is the way to go to charge your phone. And they come in cool and pretty colors.

I take an empty journal, so people I meet, I can get their name, telephone number and email address, if they want to give it to me. I also write the name of the ports, what I saw and what pictures I took so when I get home I can label them. I find this is really a good way to keep everything straight. I just buy a small pocket journal.

I take a few clothes pins, if I want to hang up anything to dry and magnets, just in case.

Candie

• 1 year later...

We were on the Allure last year for a 2 week B2B. Months prior to sailing, I printed off the deck plans and we studied them so once we on board, we had a really good idea of what was where and where we were. No point in spending spending a lot of cruise time go forward-aft, aft-forward looking for something on the wrong deck. I printed decks 3-17. Yeah, there are the "way finders" on each deck, but I found it a lot easier getting familiar with the deck plans ahead of time. Oh, one last thing.....ENJOY and have a great trip!:27_sunglasses:

I enjoy taking binoculars. You can see cuba for the majority of an entire day while at see. Some small light houses and such. And other cruise ships sometimes. Highlighter for cruise compass. Cheap watch you can wear and leave set on "ship time". Some ports are in different time zones. Clothes line clips for hanging a bathing suit to dry (if you have a balcony room). Flash light (just in case :51_scream:).

Keep the magnets away from your sea pass card!  The magnet works good if you are looking for silver items in Mexico etc.  Silver will not stick to the magnet,  if we had not used the magnet in Cozumel we would have been stuck with a fake necklace.