Please explain how the FCC works?

Ok, so we are on Oasis May 10th from NJ. I have a feeling its going to be cancelled also but even if it isn't we may cancel. In any event I do not understand how the FCC works. I though we could just literally take the money paid for this cruise and move it to a cruise later on down the road but now I'm told that is not how it works. We have to cancel our currently booked cruise, and apply for a FCC but then we have to book a new cruise like it was a brand new cruise. Then use the FCC for the new cruise? I am beyond confused! I don't want another 750 bucks for a deposit on my CC. The new cruise is below the cost of our current cruise. Why the heck can't I just get the FCC and then say I want this cruise, on this date, in this cabin? Please, I am confused and if you can explain this system I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

FCC are issued at a later date after you cancelled. Our last one took 1 month to be issued.

You cannot use a FCC as a deposit for another cruise so you will have to put down another deposit and you can then use the FCC against the remaining balance of your cruise. If the FCC exceeds the total cost of the new cruise you will be issued a new FCC for the remaining amount.

13 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

FCC are issued at a later date after you cancelled. Our last one took 1 month to be issued.

You cannot use a FCC as a deposit for another cruise so you will have to put down another deposit and you can then use the FCC against the remaining balance of your cruise. If the FCC exceeds the total cost of the new cruise you will be issued a new FCC for the remaining amount.

Thank you, and maybe I am looking at this wrong but I don't think that is fair. That FCC money includes our first deposit. I don't know why you have to then shell out another 750 for a deposit. So no matter what we have to, no choice, have to shell out 750 bucks to move our booking to another one? Now what happens to all this if Royal cancels the cruise? 

14 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thank you, and maybe I am looking at this wrong but I don't think that is fair. That FCC money includes our first deposit. I don't know why you have to then shell out another 750 for a deposit. So no matter what we have to, no choice, have to shell out 750 bucks to move our booking to another one? Now what happens to all this if Royal cancels the cruise? 

If Royal cancels the cruise you either get the 125% FCC or a full refund. 

Any time an FCC is issued under the Cruise with Confidence it's actually Royal doing more than they have to really if you read the terms of the cruise contract with them.  You choose to cancel, you choose to abide by their FCC restrictions.