Hotel Recommendations - Port Canaveral, FL

Hello RC Friends,

This is my first post on the Royal Caribbean blog. Happy to be here.

I'm departing from Port Canaveral, FL in September 2016 for my RC cruise. We are arriving a day early in Port Canaveral. Any recommendations for hotels? I have 2 girls (5 and 4 years old). So I would like a hotel that is nice with a really nice pool. Plus I would think staying at a hotel really close to the RC port would be the best. 

Thanks in advance.

~Brent

Hello RC Friends,

This is my first post on the Royal Caribbean blog. Happy to be here.

I'm departing from Port Canaveral, FL in September 2016 for my RC cruise. We are arriving a day early in Port Canaveral. Any recommendations for hotels? I have 2 girls (5 and 4 years old). So I would like a hotel that is nice with a really nice pool. Plus I would think staying at a hotel really close to the RC port would be the best. 

Thanks in advance.

~Brent

We've stayed at the Radisson at the Port for both of our cruises.

It's a really nice hotel with a great pool!  It's huge, though!  

You can also park your vehicle there in a designated lot while you're gone.

Within a mile of the terminal, with a great shuttle service!

I highly recommend.

We stay at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (8959 Astronaut Blvd, CC  321-323-1100) which is very nice BUT the reason that we stay there is b/c it is DIRECTLY next door to the Hertz car rental place.  We can rent a car at the Orlando airport and drop it off any time (usually after business hours) and then just walk over to the Residence Inn, spend the night and get the shuttle to the port the next morning.

Unless you stay well away from both Orlando and Port Canaveral, you are going to pay DEARLY for a 1 night hotel stay prior to a cruise.  They KNOW why you are there and they really gouge you on the price.

we're in the Hilton Honors program - so we choose to earn or redeem points at the Hampton Inn & take the shuttle to & from the port - ask at the desk - it's not oceanfront but it's a short walk up to the beach - to kick start the vacation for your children - 

We also stayed at the Radisson several times.  It says on their website that they allow two people per room for the shuttle.  We had an extra room for our teenage girls(3) and didnt have a problem getting them on the shuttle but you might want to call the hotel and make sure.  Also when you first check in to the hotel get you name on the shuttle list at the earliest time.  Get to the port as early as you can.

We also stayed at the Radisson several times.  It says on their website that they allow two people per room for the shuttle.  We had an extra room for our teenage girls(3) and didnt have a problem getting them on the shuttle but you might want to call the hotel and make sure.  Also when you first check in to the hotel get you name on the shuttle list at the earliest time.  Get to the port as early as you can.

Will do! Thanks

Here is the close hotels to the port under four miles.

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
1.33 miles from cruise port 
Address: 9009 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
1.48 miles from cruise port 
Address: 8959 Astronaut Boulevard, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Radisson Resort at the Port
1.78 miles from cruise port 
Address: 8701 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort
2.23 miles from cruise port 
Address: 1000 Shorewood Drive, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Royal Mansions Resort
2.57 miles from cruise port 
Address: 8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Discovery Beach Resort
3.53 miles from cruise port 
Address: 300 Barlow Ave., Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
3.63 miles from cruise port 
Address: 5600 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931-3920

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
3.67 miles from cruise port 
Address: 1 Hendry Ave, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

Las Olas Beach Club of Cocoa Beach
3.81 miles from cruise port 
Address: 5100 Ocean Beach Blvd, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

• 1 month later...

We stay at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (8959 Astronaut Blvd, CC  321-323-1100) which is very nice BUT the reason that we stay there is b/c it is DIRECTLY next door to the Hertz car rental place.  We can rent a car at the Orlando airport and drop it off any time (usually after business hours) and then just walk over to the Residence Inn, spend the night and get the shuttle to the port the next morning.

Unless you stay well away from both Orlando and Port Canaveral, you are going to pay DEARLY for a 1 night hotel stay prior to a cruise.  They KNOW why you are there and they really gouge you on the price.

What shuttle do you use to get back to the airport when you get off the ship in Port Canaveral? Did you arrange it thru RC?

We stayed at la quinta in cocoa beach and if you are there for any length of time, it is wonderful...right on the beach near the pier. We used cocoa beach shuttle from the orlando airport and then to the port. They were friendly, prompt and i whole heartedly recommend them. When my 13 year old left her brand new jacket on the van, the driver brought it the next day before we left. Jane

We stayed at la quinta in cocoa beach and if you are there for any length of time, it is wonderful...right on the beach near the pier. We used cocoa beach shuttle from the orlando airport and then to the port. They were friendly, prompt and i whole heartedly recommend them. When my 13 year old left her brand new jacket on the van, the driver brought it the next day before we left. Jane

Thanks for the recommendation!

Here is the close hotels to the port under four miles.

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral

1.33 miles from cruise port 

Address: 9009 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

1.48 miles from cruise port 

Address: 8959 Astronaut Boulevard, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Radisson Resort at the Port

1.78 miles from cruise port 

Address: 8701 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral Beach Resort

2.23 miles from cruise port 

Address: 1000 Shorewood Drive, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Royal Mansions Resort

2.57 miles from cruise port 

Address: 8600 Ridgewood Avenue, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920

Discovery Beach Resort

3.53 miles from cruise port 

Address: 300 Barlow Ave., Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

3.63 miles from cruise port 

Address: 5600 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931-3920

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

3.67 miles from cruise port 

Address: 1 Hendry Ave, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

Las Olas Beach Club of Cocoa Beach

3.81 miles from cruise port 

Address: 5100 Ocean Beach Blvd, Cocoa Beach, Florida 32931

We are going in July 2017 so this will come in handy - Thanks!

Our family of five state in a suite in the airside de Inn, just a stones throw away from the port. If you rent a car from Hertz, their shuttle is free, and it's virtually in the hotel parking lot. I attached a phot of Freedom of the Seas from my room.

Thanks for sharing the photo!