What's your favorite excursion in the Caribbean?

PRebecca

There hasn't been an excursion post in over 24 hours.

Anyone want to share what your favorite Caribbean excursion ever was? Which island/ship/etc. I imagine Alaskan and Mediterranean are in a league of their own so let's start with Caribbean for this newbie 

13 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

St. Kitt's rainforest hike. It was a real hike, not for the weak-hearted and next time I will pack hiking boots. 

11 hours ago, bobroo said:

You have to earn The Volcano Hike! 

HA! I'm still mad about this one. Royal has since changed the description but I did this a few years ago. Mine was basically jogging up the mountain and I only made it halfway. I would describe myself as a chubby runner, I'm not fast but the other day I jogged about 4 miles with a few 30 second breaks and a little walking in between. I cannot run UP a mountain. A hill, sure. If this was plain hiking I could have done it - but even that. I have a hand disability that, quite honestly, I forget about - There was a part I had to climb which was not the easiest for me considering I only had one good hand to hold with.

Saying that, there were people in their 60's and 70's who ran right up that mountain and made it back down. bless you all.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've done the butterfly farm in Aruba.  It was ok...but I definitely would not expect it to be a highlight excursion for the day.

It was only a favorite because of the wonder in the eyes of young (not yet 4 and not yet 2) grandkids. If you're taking toddlers on an excursion, that one's great. Agree that otherwise it would have been just okay.